Good morning!

Re: Good morning!

• Options
    Morning :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    According to all the freezer meal stuff I've accumulated, you should expect it to take about double the original time to bake.

What kind of casserole is it?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-238?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a291ac7a-e8cb-485c-9cd3-937ba0bd5a3dPost:ccb0b08a-d006-4694-a2f5-b0b7ff20f77c">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Habs, we finally found an app that syncs between our phones, and now H can't use the "I forgot" excuse anymore.  He used to be really bad about that.  ETA: A calendar app. 
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

<div>Please elaborate.</div>
  • Options
    Good morning!

I've fallen off the wagon a bit too, foodwise. Ever since I found out we were moving I've just been too stressed about other stuff to worry about eating well all the time. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    It's a Cozi app.  I think you have to set it up online and then download the app, but it has a calendar, to do list, shopping list, and journal.  On the calendar there's one color for me, one for H, and one for both of us.  It's pretty sweet. 
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    I love the Cozi app.  H and I both have it on our phones and use one account so we can see each other's schedules, he can put stuff on the grocery list for me to buy etc.  It's pretty awesome.
  • Options
    Was it you that recommended it to me, Loopy?  I know it was someone from here, but I can't remember.

• Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-238?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a291ac7a-e8cb-485c-9cd3-937ba0bd5a3dPost:b392907c-84e5-44ab-a81d-365f05faa8ca">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love the Cozi app.  H and I both have it on our phones and use one account so we can see each other's schedules, he can put stuff on the grocery list for me to buy etc.  It's pretty awesome.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

Fi and I use Google calendar, which I really like because either of us can add things on our phones or on the computer using our gmail accounts, and you can mark anything as being for your personal calendar or for your shared one. FI is not so great with the dates sometimes and this has definitely solved some fights we've had.

Edit: spelling. And also, good morning!
    Lizzie
  • Options
    LoopysevenLoopyseven member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I dunno.  I might have.  Mrs B recommended it to me way back when.  
  • Options
    Sweet. They have it for both Android and Blackberry. The other ones I've found are usually just for the iPhone.

I'm going to set this up.
  • Options
    Morning everyone! One of our good friends flew in last night from Washington state with her two kids. She is one of our groomsmen, and I'm so excited she is here! The wedding is in three days!!! Or at least that's what the count says on my ticker. Fi just left for the airport to go pick up his mom! I can't believe it is actually here! But it's a busy day ahead, so off I go!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Morning!  I got so much little stuff done for the wedding yesterday; I'm glad to be able to put it all away now.

Good luck with the paper Bay!  I agree the writing is the fun part, the details and research work not so much.

Any fun classes next semester Adamar?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-238?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a291ac7a-e8cb-485c-9cd3-937ba0bd5a3dPost:0d85a9de-7d83-41a6-938b-b721e35a1559">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning everyone! One of our good friends flew in last night from Washington state with her two kids. She is one of our groomsmen, and I'm so excited she is here! The wedding is in three days!!! Or at least that's what the count says on my ticker. Fi just left for the airport to go pick up his mom! I can't believe it is actually here! But it's a busy day ahead, so off I go!
    Posted by crnflkgirl75[/QUOTE]

That's so exciting! I was at a wedding in Puerto Rico last week and it got me really excited for our own one coming up in 5 months! Somehow being at another wedding made ours seem more real somehow...
    Lizzie
  • Options
    Bay, is your paper research based or a historiography? We mostly did historiographies which were boring as all hell but easier to write. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    <em>In</em> Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-238?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a291ac7a-e8cb-485c-9cd3-937ba0bd5a3dPost:5e13838d-858e-46b8-8d30-28e476b53634">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning!  I got so much little stuff done for the wedding yesterday; I'm glad to be able to put it all away now. Good luck with the paper Bay!  I agree the writing is the fun part, the details and research work not so much. Any fun classes next semester Adamar?
    Posted by LiveLaughLove04[/QUOTE]

A&P.  I'm a little nervous about it.  I really hate dissecting things.  I'm hoping to get a lab partner that likes that kind of stuff but won't totally mangle it.

• Options
    Anna -- it's a research paper on the reactions of Catholics in the United States in the 1960's after the Pope's ban on birth control.  I've done a TON of research on it (I think I did the last bit of actual research last night.  The paper's going to be three parts, plus an introduction and conclusion.  I've written part one (not the intro yet).  It's just exhausting.  I have to come up with a better method for putting together my research than just highlighting the articles and putting them into piles of relevance.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    Good morning! This is a P&R because I need to run to try to see the space shuttle!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Definitely a good class Adamar but I agree with you on the dissecting.  The only dissecting I did was a little in bio in HS and then in college and it was definitely not for me.
  • Options
    Bay - that actually sounds like a REALLY interested topic.  I'm interested in what you found (but not enough to do my own research LOL)... 
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-238?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a291ac7a-e8cb-485c-9cd3-937ba0bd5a3dPost:66226466-e518-4e46-a3cb-7c46d80a7ef4">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna -- it's a research paper on the reactions of Catholics in the United States in the 1960's after the Pope's ban on birth control.  I've done a TON of research on it (I think I did the last bit of actual research last night.  The paper's going to be three parts, plus an introduction and conclusion.  I've written part one (not the intro yet).  It's just exhausting.  I have to come up with a better method for putting together my research than just highlighting the articles and putting them into piles of relevance.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Wow, that's a big project for a semester, sounds interesting though. It's too late now, but I like to type up all my notes once source at a time, make each source a different color, then make an outline by copy and pasting the notes. Then while I write I just kind of fill in the outline. I also do parenthetical references until I finish the paper, then go back and put the footnotes in. </div><div>
    </div><div>The end of the semester is always crazy though. I hope everything goes smoothly for you.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: Someone remind me why I want to go back to school again? 

</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Bay, your paper sounds way more interesting than mine. I have 30 pages on the Kosovo conflct, focused on the causes of the conflict and the failed attempts at peace.
  • Options
    I've got nothing for you, Anna.  I'll take all the science classes and labs I can, but I avoid long papers like nobody's business.

• Options
    Thanks Anna.  That's a pretty good idea.  I should try that next time.

Loopy, it was actually really interesting.  I didn't know that Pope John XXIII had constituted a commission to weigh the pros and cons of sanctioning artificial contraception, and that, while their results were inconclusive, the majority voted in favor of the Pope lifting the total ban on birth control, and exploring the option that other methods (under certain circumstances) were okay.  I also wasn't aware that there was such a big outcry from Catholics in the U.S. when the ban was pronounced.  I got interested in the subject after I read an article saying that more than 85% of American Catholics will use birth control at some point during their lives, despite the ban.  That intrigued me.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    I'm hoping the library classes aren't too hard. I think I'm going to have to learn computer stuff though, and I'm not really into that. Oh well. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Bay that sounds like a really interesting topic to be writing on.

Fi thinks I'm crazy for missing college, I would love to go back to school but I have no idea what I'd want to go for.
  • Options
    What are you going to be studying, Anna? You have a masters, right?
  • Options
    Did US Catholics have different feelings on it than Catholics in other parts of the world?  (or didn't your research go there?).  I was raised Catholic, and don't attend church regularly, but I do miss it and have been considering finding  a church in Denver to attend regularly, but I disagree with so many of the church's policies that I'm not sure a Catholic church is the right fit for me.  The birth control, gays, married priests issues... (and probably more stuff that I can't think of right now), I'm pretty much as opposite the church policy as you can get :).  But I love the tradition of the mass, and that wherever you go mass will be the same.  So I don't know what to do.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-238?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a291ac7a-e8cb-485c-9cd3-937ba0bd5a3dPost:49cbbce3-6d49-4713-973f-733608567014">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What are you going to be studying, Anna? You have a masters, right?
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, I have an MA in history but I'm like 90% sure I'm going to go for my Master's in Library Science in the fall. I really enjoy working in libraries and an MLS is required for pretty much every job I ever see that looks like something I would like to do. </div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Anna - I wanted to be a librarian when I was little at one point.  Have fun :).
  • Options
    One of my friends from HS has her MLS. She always wanted to be a librarian, and now she works at a college in the Boston area. IIRC, she manages the digital collections.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards