Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Ok, now I love Will & Kate

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20487361,00.html

They're so normal :)  I'm really amazed they're not planning on having chefs or any staff.  I just love it.  They're cute.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Ok, now I love Will & Kate

• Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    I have always loved them but I saw that story yesterday and it made me love her more.

Although, I'm not sure WTF else you are supposed to do to pass the time in the middle of nowhere Wales.

ETA: She also did her own makeup for the wedding!
  • Options
    They had mentioned something during the wedding coverage about them living in a normal home with no staff.  I thought that was awesome.  However I would have at least sprung for a maid.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That is a goofy picture of her.  But I love that they have silly face pictures of her.  Definitely makes them more real and approachable.

Too cute!
  • Options
    Dude, I would have maids and chefs if I could afford it.  In a heartbeat.  I'd kill for someone to clean my house for me.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Edit: Not TK's biggest fan today.
  • Options
    I've heard that before and think it's awesome. I also heard Prince Charles has never put toothpaste on his own toothbrush. WTF?
  • Options
    That picture of Kate with the shopping cart is pretty adorable.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    Birdie, that's kind of creepy.
  • Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    Really Birdie? It that's true then that is really crazy.

Also, Prince Charles went to visit the Supreme Court last week (which is right across the street from my office) and I didn't know about it until after he left. I totally would have gone and tried to catch a glimpse if I'd known he was going to be there.
  • Options
    I think they really like being normal and sort of "left alone." They seriously did want to have a small wedding, but they resign themselves to the fact that in exchange for, uh, being royalty there are certain expectations.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Charles has apparently gotten lots of critism for the amount of staff that he and Camille employ.  He does nothing for himself and instead has staff do it for him.  

I wonder how much a personal butler costs? 
  • Options
    I'm real. And I would totally have a chef and maid. I think that's the only staff. Oh and a stylist. Cause I want someone to tell me what looks good on me.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    I would have a maid- at least someone to come in like once a week :)  

Maybe a chef, but I like too cook.  

• Options
    I would absolutely love to have a housekeeper.  I just want someone to clean and do the grocery shopping.  I'll cook. but I get super pissed off with dumb people at the grocery store.

I would love to never scrub a bathtub again.
  • Options
    I would definitely have a housekeeper.  We have someone come once a month now so maybe I'd do once a week.  I wouldn't want any live in staff though. 

It's nice that she can still go around and not be swarmed by paparazzi.  I wonder how long it will stay that way.

• Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    I would totally employ a maid. I hate cleaning. I love to cook though, so no chef is alright with me.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ok-now-love-will-kate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a42feec6-946e-4fcf-99aa-32c3f6f7a1b2Post:60dcb1ce-3817-46d0-93e3-4a190b86282d">Ok, now I love Will & Kate</a>:
    [QUOTE]<a href="http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20487361,00.html" rel='nofollow'>http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20487361,00.html</a> They're so normal :)  I'm really amazed they're not planning on having chefs or any staff.  I just love it.  They're cute.
    Posted by RobotLegs[/QUOTE]

Agree.  When they first got engaged, I thought "who cares?!".  Since then, I've seen a lot of in-depth stories about them and they really do seem genuine and low-key. 

It's fine if you have no interest in them, but I have no idea why people loathe them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ok-now-love-will-kate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a42feec6-946e-4fcf-99aa-32c3f6f7a1b2Post:b493efd7-cb3c-4974-af6b-fbed4831f831">Re: Ok, now I love Will & Kate</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would definitely have a housekeeper.  We have someone come once a month now so maybe I'd do once a week.  I wouldn't want any live in staff though.  It's nice that she can still go around and not be swarmed by paparazzi.  I wonder how long it will stay that way.
    Posted by TheCranberry[/QUOTE]

During the wedding, they talked about how they will stay in Wales for the next two years while he's finishing up his service with the RAF.  And that it's very small and very cold, so it's likely that they can live in anonimity.  After that, when they return to London, it will be a different story.

They're also speculating that it'll be a good time to have baby #1.  Bookies are betting on some royal progeny by June 2012!!
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing this -- It makes me have much more respect for them! [: 
  • Options
    I love hearing stuff like this. But if I could afford it, I'd have someone come in once a week to do all the stuff I hate doing. And I'd have someone come do my hair because my hair sucks.
    planning

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards