North Carolina
Options

Anybody else sick of...

I think I may scream if I get one more person e-mailing me a link to that "Forever" wedding entrance dance video and suggesting that we do something like that for our wedding!  I try to keep reminding myself that these folks are just trying to be cute or helpful and they can't possibly know that I've gotten the same video at least 30 other times.  Anybody else seeing way too much of that video lately?   

Re: Anybody else sick of...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've only seen it once, but that was enough. I think it's totally obnoxious and I feel embarrassed for them b/c of their awkward dancing. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I'm really tired of everyone asking me if I've seen it & if they can expect something 'crazy' like that at our wedding.I can't wait for it to drift away into internet oblivion.
  • Options
    grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah - it was cute once - I don't want to watch it over and over though...
  • Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahaha! YES, I feel the exact same way! Two of my bridesmaids actually posted it on my fbook wall after I'd already seen it a jillion times. haha, its funny, but no we don't want to do it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YES! So sick of it. Sick of the video and sick of people asking me what I'm going to do coming down the aisle. I'm going to walk.
  • Options
    grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha Bec - "I'm going to walk."  LOVE IT!
  • Options
    smlinebesmlinebe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that video personally...if only I had seen it a month and a half ago!!!  I would have done something cool...but I suppose it wouldn't have been nearly as good if I copied someone else so whatever, its ok :)
  • Options
    clover1019clover1019 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i have mixed feelings on it. I always wanted to do something different and wish i had come up with that idea first! Maybe it will be forgotten in 10 months, and there will be a good song to use at mine. Its the jealousy...i like it...but im mad its not me. LOL i have considered having my BMs and GMs announced like they do at sporting events while they walk/run down the aisle. Every bride sees themselves going down the aisle differently; i just want to be totally unconventional yet fun! Sorry mom =/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't love that particular dance the first time I saw it - it goes on for a little too long for me, plus the song is by Chris Brown, of the Rhianna "incident" fame, which isn't my idea of a great choice for wedding music.  Doing something unconventional appeals to me somewhat, though.  But really it's just that I keep getting that same video over and over and over.  I've almost stopped opening my e-mails because I know from the subject line what's coming. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    To each her own, of course, but it was a little AWish to me. I think of the entire day, the ceremony should be simple, elegant and tasteful. That entrance was none of those. It would have been a completely badass reception entrance, but the song and the theatrics were a bit much for me for a wedding. Esp. one in a church.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bec, you could not have said it better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards