North Carolina

Narrowed Down to 2 Dresses....

So I've narrowed down my dress to 2 and totally can't decide....my MOH and I went to see one of them this past sat and were going to see the other one tonighthttp://www.bestbridalprices.com/blue-by-enzoani-bridal-gown-acapulco-p-25133.htmlOther one:http://kennethpool.com/gallery/070605/k274.shtmlLet me know your thoughts!!

Re: Narrowed Down to 2 Dresses....

• edited December 2011
    I love them both but I probably like the look of the second one better. I tried on some gowns that were cut like that one and they can really make you look more "hippy" that you really are, though. I'd post pics of you in the dresses if you can after you've tried the second one on tonight.
  • edited December 2011
    So here's the problem.....neither of the places will let you take photos of you in the dress.....which makes things super difficult because you can't remember how good they look on you.
  • edited December 2011
    I like the second one, too, I'm not a big fan of the "bubble" hem, though, in the front.
  • edited December 2011
    That's ridiculous  >:-/   Both bridal stores I went to allowed pics (though Poffie Girls only allowed me to take pics of my top 3 or 4 gowns). That's really frustrating!! Is there anywhere else that carries the sample?
  • edited December 2011
    They look very similiar. The 1st dress has a slightly higher neckline and a straight skirt vs. the 2nd dress which falls a little lower on the chest and seems to have a bubble hemline. Depends on how trendy you want to go. Kenneth Pool's dress is a little trendier.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    ooohhhh I def. like the second one....
  • edited December 2011
    Those are two very different dresses in VERY different price points. I think the KP dress has a more luxurious feel to it, but I agree with PP about the cut making many girls look "hippy". If you can pull it off and it won't kill your budget then yeah I'd vote for that one. There is knockoff of that KP dress btw, Forever Yours Couture 48244 which is more in line price-wise with the first dress you posted.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey... I'm not sure if you know much about the second one. I say so because I see the price on the first is 900ish and I was looking at two Kenneth Pool dresses myself and I know their cheapest dresses are down around 6000, the two I had fallen in love with and went to try on and discover the price of one was 8,000something and the other 12,000something So perhaps 5,000+ is your budget, but if not, I say the first is more than lovely and likely more in your budget given you know the price of it and are considering it. And it is lovely. But of course the Kenneth Pool is stunning, as it is thousands and thousands of dollars.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I love the second one! But as others have said a KP is expensive, but I've seen many dresses in that style, so u could find something similar for less money. Now if money isn't a issue go for it!! Haha
  • edited December 2011
    If you want simple elegance I like the 1st one, If you have more modern and trendy I would go with the 2nd one.
  • edited December 2011
    I really don't have a budget...ideally I like to stay under $5k and the kenneth pool gown is $4600
  • allie76allie76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they are both beautiful, but I like the first one more. BTW, I think that is total crap that bridal salons won't let you take pictures. This is a big decision and it would be nice for you to be able to look back and see which one looks best on you! Anyways, vent over!
    TTC since Sept 2009 with PCOS. 3 failed Clomid cycles; 3 failed IUI's; 1 failed injectable + TI cycle. Surprise BFP on 1/22/12 while waiting to start IVF! EDD 9/30/12.
    Missed m/c discovered 2/20/12 (8w1d). D&C 2/23/12
    Photobucket [img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zsk41e.jpg[/img]

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Allie, I totally agree. I cant even EXPRESS how enormously helpful it was to go home and look at the pics of myself in the dresses. That helped me make my decision. You can't and shouldnt decide right then and there on a dress, u should take your time and sleep on it... Well that's JMO anyway. lol.
  • edited December 2011
    I think I understand why bridal stores do that - they dont' want you to go home with dress pics in hand and order online.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The store I went to try on Kenneth Pool's and got my dress from also didn't allow photos. None of the stores I went to did. I suppose I'm not shocked, while stating that I didn't and still do not get the reason. Truthfully whether or not you have a budget, if you like one dress for 4600 and one for 900 about the same. You are silly if you get the 4600 one. I mean I was too looking at dresses in that range but I swear I never found one under a few hundred of what I ended up with that I even a fraction loved as much. I swear to you if I had, budget or no, I would have gone for the 900 dress that I still loved and was in my final two over the many thousand dollar one I also loved.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Hey...not sure if you'd be up for this or not, but at a couple of the places I went didn't allow pics either. I just took some pictures in the dressing room with my phone (on silent) so that I could a least have something to reference while I was trying to decide.
  • edited December 2011
    I wasn't allowed to take pictures of me in my dress unless i bought it. It didn't matter to me, because I made my decision right there to buy it. I'm not indecisive. Anyways, make you can sneak a picture with your phone!?!?
  • edited December 2011
    I like the second one, hands down! Mine is sort of like that one, I love the fitted look and the bubble hem. I also think its crap they won't let you take pictures! I didn't know of a place that did that!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Hey I was just over on "The Dress" board and there was a post on there about taking pics. Some girls had good tips on how to deal with shops that dont allow them. One person said she asked the shop (this particular one had "no camera" signs all over) if she could take a picture to show her mother, who lived out of state and was paying for the dress. She was being honest, but maybe that'd be a line you could use (unless your mom was there with u ;) ). Or maybe have a friend come with you who can pretend to be text messaging yet be taking pics of the dress with the cell phone?? lol, all these crazy tactics...
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE the KP. I think it is a standout dress while the first is a little more ordinary-not that that's bad! Just IMO. If it works out fine with your budget then I'd go for the KP. I love the drop waist and the pleats on the bust. FWIW, all the stores I went to wouldn't allow photos until I told them it was to show my mom who was in another state, which was true. We also took pictures quickly while they were getting veils, shoes, etc.
  • smlinebesmlinebe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm in the minority, but I like the first one much better!  But, I'm not a fan of more trendy things so that's probably why...I would agree if you can sneak a photo, it would be better because things always look different on other people than they do on yourself and we can't see the dress on you
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a little late...but...I LOVE the KP dress!  It's more modern than the other but at the same time it's simple and elegant...which makes it timeless.  The first dress is a little boring to me.  The second dress has that "wow" factor!
  • edited December 2011
    I like them both!  I know you said that the KP is within your budget, but I'm wondering if it's not possible to alter the first one to give it that KP modern edge (if you decide you like the KP better)?  Even if you spent a ton on alterations, you'd still spend way less overall.  Just think of what you could do with an extra $3000-$4000.  (And I can say from current experience that little things add up and there's always something new you didn't think of that you find yourself wanting to do/have.)  Maybe it's possible to bubble the hem/train on the first one?  I'm not a seamstress, but I bet Olga or someone else could let you know what could be done to it if you find yourself torn but leaning towards the KP. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards