Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

KPS Reject

http://i31.tinypic.com/4hw95w.jpg

This is the full size of the secret I received.  Come on people, if you're going to take the time to make something, be sure that it is readable before you send it.

Also, as an FYI - in the past week, there were 7 secrets that were sent to both KPS and NPS.  I've spoken with the person running NPS, and we've agreed that we're not going to post duplicate secrets on both sites.  So feel free to continue sending them to both, but it's only going to end up on whichever site happens to open the email first.

Re: KPS Reject

• Options
    That person is against gay marriage and polygamy?

Like...they're one and the same? WTF?
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    crfischecrfische member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2010
    'If this is your mantra, I sincerely hope you have nothing against polygamy or you would be considered a hypocrite. PS I am against gay marriage and polygamy. "

For those of you who dont want to hurt your eyeballs.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I'm with Guppy. Color me confuzzled.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Huh. Do you have magnifying glass eyes, Fishy?
  • Options
    When people are being really stupid, I try super hard to make sure I understand how stupid they are being. Sometimes that means my senses get heightened.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Also, I apologize for secrets being slightly delayed this week.  Some of you know that I've had family stuff going on, so it's been a little hectic.  I should be back to a regular updating schedule by Monday though.
  • Options
    that person has a stupid. for more reasons that one.
  • Options
    Whatever, Tree. You just don't care about us. I see how it is.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    That's my husband's stance too, actually. His argument is that if you're going to make the argument that consenting adults should be able to get married no matter their sexual orientation, it should be ok for consenting adults to be able to marry multiple partners. FWIW, he thinks that's fine as long as polygamous couples don't get tax breaks per spouse.
  • Options
    Actually, I have nothing against polygamy, if it's among consenting adults.  I see the poster's point:  if the government can't limit marriage to one man, one woman, then where do you draw the line?  I guess that's why I can get behind getting government out of the marriage business altogether.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kps-reject?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a8fc5ed8-d129-4b40-9973-d9b8e07282d8Post:39cde95a-f4ef-4016-aa0c-d6ae08c68e5c">Re: KPS Reject</a>:
    [QUOTE]Actually, I have nothing against polygamy, if it's among consenting adults.  I see the poster's point:  if the government can't limit marriage to one man, one woman, then where do you draw the line?  I guess that's why I can get behind getting government out of the marriage business altogether.
    Posted by ohwhynot[/QUOTE]

I'm with OWN. Why shouldn't consenting adults be able to get married to more than one person, if that's what they want?
  • Options
    I agree with OWN, too. I think the government has too much say about what we can and can't do. I don't think they should all get government assistance (polygamists, that is) but why shouldn't they legally be a couple?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    now i follow
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    I don't really care about that.  I think that if people want to be polygamous, that's fine.  I just don't appreciate the welfare abuse perpetrated by some polygamous couples.  I do object when it comes to marrying pillows or Eiffel Towers.  I think it has to be sentient and preferably human.  :) 
    White Knot Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kps-reject?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a8fc5ed8-d129-4b40-9973-d9b8e07282d8Post:73ffe07e-0e27-4615-9d57-3ffd2d5f9be1">Re: KPS Reject</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't really care about that.  I think that if people want to be polygamous, that's fine.  I just don't appreciate the welfare abuse perpetrated by some polygamous couples.  I do object when it comes to marrying pillows or Eiffel Towers.  I think it has to be sentient and preferably human.  :) 
    Posted by Meg1979[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's all about consent.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    Huh. I'm not bothered by polygamy, or gay marriage. So, yeah I guess that can be my mantra.
  • Options
    Honestly, I only care that the government stop policy-making based on religious mores, and start policy-making based on the good of people-- ALL THE PEOPLE.

And the person who sent that in is a class A douchebag.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kps-reject?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a8fc5ed8-d129-4b40-9973-d9b8e07282d8Post:01f9bd75-da19-4145-b15a-433aa3be7f3f">Re: KPS Reject</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Honestly, I only care that the government stop policy-making based on religious mores, and start policy-making based on the good of people-- ALL THE PEOPLE</strong>. And the person who sent that in is a class A douchebag.
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

I'm a fairly religious person, and I totally agree with this. Laws should not be based in religious doctrine in any way. And Christians do not have sole rights to the term "marriage."
  • Options
    Obviously, I am for gay marriage *looks to sig* People who equate gay marriage to things like pedophilia and people wanting to marry animals are severely twisted in the head. But actually, I have no problem with people marrying whoever or whatever they want (yes, I don't even care if someone wants to marry the Eiffel Tower). Who are they hurting (other than themselves)? Live and let live.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kps-reject?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a8fc5ed8-d129-4b40-9973-d9b8e07282d8Post:43db51de-0244-4ae2-bc56-80c2f83d2fd8">Re: KPS Reject</a>:
    [QUOTE]Obviously, I am for gay marriage *looks to sig* People who equate gay marriage to things like pedophilia and people wanting to marry animals are severely twisted in the head. But actually, I have no problem with people marrying whoever or whatever they want (yes, I don't even care if someone wants to marry the Eiffel Tower). Who are they hurting (other than themselves)? Live and let live.
    Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]

The Eiffel Tower thing may not be hurting anyone, but it contributes to the slippery slope argument involving consent.  The Eiffel Tower can't consent to marry you any more than a child or an animal could.
    ttc chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kps-reject?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a8fc5ed8-d129-4b40-9973-d9b8e07282d8Post:d79c9d78-5684-4906-92eb-b4d7bbb9f6f0">Re: KPS Reject</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KPS Reject : The Eiffel Tower thing may not be hurting anyone, but it contributes to the slippery slope argument involving consent.  The Eiffel Tower can't consent to marry you any more than a child or an animal could.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

Yes, but the Eiffel Tower is an inanimate object. It has no thought processes. It's a little bit different with an animal and especially a child.
  • Options
    Ha,  I love the fact that the KP poster thought she was scoring some sort of major point and everyone just kind of goes, yeah, okay.  I agree with you; so? 
  • Options
    Well... there goes my plan to get me three wives.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kps-reject?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a8fc5ed8-d129-4b40-9973-d9b8e07282d8Post:b5f3b204-0938-439e-a263-15615056b916">Re: KPS Reject</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha,  I love the fact that the KP poster thought she was scoring some sort of major point and everyone just kind of goes, yeah, okay.  I agree with you; so? 
    Posted by ohwhynot[/QUOTE]

<div>I love boggling people's minds. </div><div>
    </div><div>I just reread my post from earlier (pre-coffee) and I realize I didn't make myself clear at all. It was my husband who first pointed out the whole "well if you let gays marry you should allow polygamy, too" argument to me. I found his philosophy on the matter to be completely sensible. Didn't mean to just regurgitate his thoughts without giving my own opinion on the issue.</div>
  • Options
    I guess I also feel that with inanimate objects, that does kind of "cheapen" the definition of marriage.  The way anti-gay marriage people think that allowing two men to marry does.  I don't agree with them, but that's how I feel about someone "marrying" a pillow.  It's just too silly.
    ttc chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kps-reject?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a8fc5ed8-d129-4b40-9973-d9b8e07282d8Post:5d7348ed-46e4-4b82-a87d-beda9ec2f66b">Re: KPS Reject</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess I also feel that with inanimate objects, that does kind of "cheapen" the definition of marriage.  The way anti-gay marriage people think that allowing two men to marry does.  I don't agree with them, but that's how I feel about someone "marrying" a pillow.  It's just too silly.

Plus, their registry would nothing but different  kinds of pillowcases, which would get boring.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kps-reject?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a8fc5ed8-d129-4b40-9973-d9b8e07282d8Post:5d7348ed-46e4-4b82-a87d-beda9ec2f66b">Re: KPS Reject</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess I also feel that with inanimate objects, that does kind of "cheapen" the definition of marriage.  The way anti-gay marriage people think that allowing two men to marry does.  I don't agree with them, but that's how I feel about someone "marrying" a pillow.  It's just too silly.

It is silly (marrying an inanimate object, that is) but I don't think it is my place to judge what makes someone feel loved and happy (unless it's a disgusting crime, like pedophilia).
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm with TR on the "slippery slope" thing. Let's keep it between consenting, adult humans.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kps-reject?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a8fc5ed8-d129-4b40-9973-d9b8e07282d8Post:b8693085-e4e8-42c8-a998-aa9a44eb1d91">Re: KPS Reject</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KPS Reject : It is silly (marrying an inanimate object, that is) but I don't think it is my place to judge what makes someone feel loved and happy (unless it's a disgusting crime, like pedophilia).
    Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't judge them for it, they can act however they please, but let's not call it a "marriage".
    ttc chart
  • Options
    I think that (sexual or romantic feelings for a pillow) would be a fetish. Not being allowed to "marry" your fetish of choice wouldn't negatively impact anybody.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards