Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Bridesmaids gifts

I have 1 bridesmaid and a maid of honor. They happen to be sisters. Do I get them gifts of equal caliber or should the maid of honor recieve more?

Re: Bridesmaids gifts

• Options
    misshart00misshart00 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    I think you should spend about the same on each girl. But get them something they would enjoy, not matching gifts. Eta: but if you find something one of them would really like and it costs a little more, don't worry about being exactly even.
  • Options
    I would spend relatively the same amount (doesn't have to be exact). I agree with the pp...buy them both something they would personally enjoy, not the same gift.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just to be clear...it is bridesmaid (not Bride's maid)

It is appropriate to get them individual gifts (similar to what you'd buy for their birthdays). I would also suggest that they generally be comparable in price. For example, one shouldn't receive a Tiffany necklace and the other a package of socks.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_brides-maids-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a9c56607-8c62-4b25-9f72-f2df84034452Post:bb7d2815-20b5-46d5-986b-9a6f14572ab0">Re: Bride's maids gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just to be clear...it is bridesmaid (not Bride's maid) It is appropriate to get them individual gifts (similar to what you'd buy for their birthdays). I would also suggest that they generally be comparable in price. For example, one shouldn't receive a Tiffany necklace and the other a package of socks.
    Posted by itzMS[/QUOTE]

This (first sentence). Such a pet peeve of mine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_brides-maids-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a9c56607-8c62-4b25-9f72-f2df84034452Post:5ff98684-b20b-41f2-a8d1-dd8db8c21b27">Bride's maids gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have 1 bride's maid and a maid of honor. They happen to be sisters. Do I get them gifts of equal caliber or should the maid of honor recieve more?
    Posted by Hknipp03[/QUOTE]
    Try not to focus so much on the price. Give them things you know they'll love and (unless they're seriously materialistic) they won't care that you paid more for one gift than the other.
    Because it's just the two of them in your party, I would suggest attempting to give equally, but, again, try not to focus on that so much.
  • Options
    ditto PP they should be more-or-less equal.  I think I've only really heard of getting the MOH something extra b/c she hosted the shower or b-party, so it was more of a hostess gift than a bonus WP gift.
  • Options

In my circle of friends the bride always gets ane xtra something (doesn't have to be alot of money) for the maid/matron of honor.   And the bridal party as a whole pays for/throws the bridal party.  I did get both my maid of honors an extra gift each but I also have a large wedding party.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards