Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

WR(!): Alternate wedding

2»

Re: WR(!): Alternate wedding

• Options
    LVB- I'm right there with you.  We're only having a wedding because FI & his family want one.   And yet, I am the one who does most of the planning.  Fortunately though, FI is paying for most of it, so I'm not stressed about money, I just hate to spend it on something I consider a big waste of time & money.

My dream wedding is city hall--we would go tomorrow all by ourselves and just be married.  I don't want it in a parallel universe though, I want it to replace the upcoming wedding.    
  • Options
    LVB, we are/were in the same exact boat. I had a blast and worked my ass off planning my wedding (those who said you wanted it, thank you! you are too sweet!), but had I my way I'd have been on a plane to Manhattan to the new beautiful wedding bureau.

I'll kindly be stealing Julezlee's wedding now, complete with beautiful dress. Thanks!
  • Options
    The only thing that I would change about mine would be that FI's dear friend would officiate. We asked the friend, but due to work commitments with the military, he regretfully could not do it.

Instead we have a wedding commissioner we are not meeting until the day of.

Everything else is just as we want.
  • Options
    I'd have eloped.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    You mean nobody would've had an Ed Hardy wedding?! I'm shocked... :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards