Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

FFF

Re: FFF

• Options
    seriously, my apologies.  I just couldn't see why everyone would have had a "changed for the better" opinion about P2 because she always seemed fine to me.  I'm really sorry if I upset anyone.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    edited November 2009

babycakes, nik is doing the EXACT same thing that you used to do not too long ago.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ad7391bb-3785-47b4-9e91-c77ed51fd0c9Post:e3725c7c-a2c3-4f1f-aed5-5f18e3ea06c3">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]seriously, my apologies.  I just couldn't see why everyone would have had a "changed for the better" opinion about P2 because she always seemed fine to me.  I'm really sorry if I upset anyone.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

Just stop!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ad7391bb-3785-47b4-9e91-c77ed51fd0c9Post:4cbb517f-b8d5-496a-906a-283f58ad9766">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought Arb was a total Debbie Downer in the Confessions thread where someone said they made cookies with nuts for an obnoxious co-worker who was allergic. She wasn't trying to kill the guy.
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

<div>Wait...WTF. Who did this? There can be serious consequences if someone with a nut allergy eats something like that. </div><div>
    </div><div>That is a seriously fuckedup thing to do to someone. I don't care how much you don't like them. </div>
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ad7391bb-3785-47b4-9e91-c77ed51fd0c9Post:5671eeda-91fa-4263-96c1-6a75507aeaa1">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]babycakes, nik's is doing the EXACT same thing that you used to do not too long ago.
    Posted by NicoleSahara[/QUOTE]

tru dat, peeps.  That's why I said what I did about the learning curve.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ad7391bb-3785-47b4-9e91-c77ed51fd0c9Post:3d53ffa8-41e4-4f12-ab48-11381c635817">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry I won't post anymore FFF, I don't have anything bad to say about anyone.
    Posted by Nik1202[/QUOTE]

Really, your FFF posts aren't the main issue.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I know she wasn't trying to kill him, but a lot of people don't know how severe nut allergies can be, and how easily it is to transfer the oil from one person to another.

ETA: Have you ever noticed how on a lot of food packaging they list if the product has been made in a factory where they also produce/package products with nuts?  It's not because a nut might accidentally slip in, it's because they use the same equipment.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ad7391bb-3785-47b4-9e91-c77ed51fd0c9Post:945c79b1-e75f-49f1-83aa-65a0c791d14d">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Wait...WTF. Who did this? There can be serious consequences if someone with a nut allergy eats something like that.  That is a seriously fuckedup thing to do to someone. I don't care how much you don't like them. 
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

I don't remember who it was, but she made cookies with nuts so he COULDN'T eat them, because he never contributed to their pot luck's.  She wasn't trying to trick him into eating them.  She was trying to make something that excluded him. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    I find it really humourous that when no name people try to jump on something that someone has said, everyone is quick to pull out the "YOU CANT FLAME!  THEY CAN SAY WHATEVER THEY WANT, ITS FFF."  But when someone says something the regs don't like, its totally ok to beat them down for it. 

I mean, yeah what she said was boneheaded, but there shouldnt be two different sets of rules. 

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ad7391bb-3785-47b4-9e91-c77ed51fd0c9Post:5671eeda-91fa-4263-96c1-6a75507aeaa1">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]babycakes, nik is doing the EXACT same thing that you used to do not too long ago.
    Posted by NicoleSahara[/QUOTE]

What does this mean?  What did babycakes used to do?  I always thought everyone loves/loved her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ad7391bb-3785-47b4-9e91-c77ed51fd0c9Post:ec4c64dd-7200-420b-9f3a-303ca67c3bdc">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Just stop!
    Posted by TheSaltyPeanut[/QUOTE]

Excuse me for trying to explain my putting my foot in my mouth.  I said something stupid, I apologized.
    ttc chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ad7391bb-3785-47b4-9e91-c77ed51fd0c9Post:d188b039-6edc-43cf-883d-b52bae04f62e">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I don't remember who it was, but she made cookies with nuts so he COULDN'T eat them, because he never contributed to their pot luck's.  She wasn't trying to trick him into eating them.  She was trying to make something that excluded him. 
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh ok that's better then. The way it was worded before sounded like she was trying to poison him.</div>
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I concur with East.  although I did raise my eyebrow a bit at TR's post, I think fishy did an excellent job correcting her, not bashing her.

Also, I think East's bunny might be jewish.  Or just fashionable.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ad7391bb-3785-47b4-9e91-c77ed51fd0c9Post:c75356fd-8e5f-49ab-8e5f-ed693de1efd2">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Oh ok that's better then. The way it was worded before sounded like she was trying to poison him.
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

Nah, no death intended.  Just a crappy lunch for the pot-luck-douche.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Yeah, she was just trying to keep him from being able to eat them because he was a douche.
  • Options
    ricksangricksang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2009
    Salty, you used to get picked on too so you should know how it feels. The girl has a right to defend herself. If someone insults me (I love the edit button) you are damn skippy I am going to defend my self, FFF or not.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ad7391bb-3785-47b4-9e91-c77ed51fd0c9Post:5f38a905-acbc-4b29-9aa9-4222d6c37c1a">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : What does this mean?  What did babycakes used to do?  I always thought everyone loves/loved her.
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

She used to backpedal when someone called her out on something. She just called Nik out for doing it, so I pointed out that she used to do it a lot. She then acknowledged that this was true, and said that's why she mentioned the learning curve, though I didn't really get that part. Follow?
  • Options
    There's a smiley for that (there's an ap for that)
    Foot in mouth<---- really, it's called putting foot in mouth or something...even though I have a hard time seeing it.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Dani, I think she's referring to me offering explanations.  I think.  Maybe backpeddling?  I don't know, it's been awhile.

It's still weird to be referred to as babycakes, but I'm getting used to it.
  • Options
    Agreed, ricks.  It's nearly impossible to hold your tongue and not defend yourself, especially if the info is flat-out wrong.
  • Options
    Since you all know, tell me what the problem.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ad7391bb-3785-47b4-9e91-c77ed51fd0c9Post:99932058-88b7-4fb1-b370-0fc8a18548b2">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE] It's still weird to be referred to as babycakes, but I'm getting used to it.
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

I was so confused about this.  Why did your s/n change?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You're wrong, Mrs.Jesse. I also talk about poop a lot.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ad7391bb-3785-47b4-9e91-c77ed51fd0c9Post:c25596cd-c107-4d58-ac41-e0eaba41bccf">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really wish you hadn't gone there. That's quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Well she did just admit she hasn't been around long enough to know P2's history. 
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

I would never like someone <em>better </em>because their significant other had an illness. Would I empathize for them? Sure. Kiss their asss because their SO had cancer? No. There's a big difference.

Feeling bad =/= brown nosing.
  • Options
    I hate how so many people automatically peg fundraiser-type Jack and Jills as a Canadian thing.  There was a post last weekend that I read on Monday that was about things you hadn't heard of before TK and Brie said something along the lines of "those Canadian parties where they raise money for the wedding" (clearly not word for word, but you get the jist).

I'm Canadian and I, too, had never heard of these until TK and I'm pretty sure the ones I have read about were posted by girls from the US.  Pretty sure they happen everywhere, not just Canada.

Disclaimer:  I really like Brie, she's just the only hard example I have right now.   I've heard this a lot here.
  • Options
    Also, the Cew hate is getting old.

She is funny
    /gavel
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ad7391bb-3785-47b4-9e91-c77ed51fd0c9Post:cf322ab1-bf1e-4b48-a701-36815a4e370b">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's a smiley for that (there's an ap for that) <---- really, it's called putting foot in mouth or something...even though I have a hard time seeing it.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Awesome.  I will have to save that under my favorites or something because I have a tendency to do that a lot.
    ttc chart
  • Options
    We all do, TR.

Sometimes I think I should just walk around with a shoe in my mouth.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I flame myself for not being more of an active poster lately.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    Every FFF has it's share of someone getting flamed then coming back to defend themselves, then someone says "you're doing it wrong!".  Whatever.  It happens every week, I don't know why some of you are surprised.  Besides, it keeps the post moving and more interesting when it does happen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards