Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

NWR: Anyone see Bridesmaids?

I can't tell if it will be really good or really bad.  Anyone see it yet and have any feedback?

Re: NWR: Anyone see Bridesmaids?

• Options
    I've heard it's great.  Going to see it with 2 of my BMs on wednesday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm planning on seeing it Friday, it looks hilarious.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Haven't seen it yet, but friends of ours went and said it was hilarious. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    I saw it on Saturday and thought it was great. Overall really funny and entertaining.
  • Options
    the reviews are all great but i've heard it was a guy movie hidden behind women. that it is men humor done with women- which to me sounds great! but so some women... maybe not. just a heads up :) seeing it fridaY!!
  • Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_nwr-anyone-see-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b116050e-b23a-4546-a091-82061571b469Post:218f3912-0280-42ed-8491-7a65214fb30e">Re: NWR: Anyone see Bridesmaids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whats it about? I'm excited for Hangover 2.  <strong>Is Bridesmaids a girls version of the Hangover?</strong>
    Posted by bree4305[/QUOTE]

Kind of. It takes place over a longer period of time and has more of a plot though.
  • Options
    Sweet!  I totally want to see it now!  It just seemed like one of those that could go either way, so I didn't want to spend the money if it sucked.  Thanks guys!

I *loved* the Hangover and am looking forward to Hangover 2 also!
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    I saw it.  I thought it was great.
  • Options
    doctabroccolidoctabroccoli member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    I'm not a Kristen Wiig fan, so I've kind of been avoiding it.  I'm sure I'll see it eventually, especially with all the people who were saying it's really good.  Went to see Something Borrowed with a friend on Saturday instead.  That was your standard, terrible RomCom, but sometimes you're just in the mood for those, ya know?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_nwr-anyone-see-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b116050e-b23a-4546-a091-82061571b469Post:b4dd76cf-887b-4df1-8e40-ee19ef65da75">Re: NWR: Anyone see Bridesmaids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not a Kristen Wiig fan, so I've kind of been avoiding it.  I'm sure I'll see it eventually, especially with all the people who were saying it's really good.  Went to see <strong>Something Borrowed</strong> with a friend on Saturday instead.  That was your standard, terrible RomCom, but sometimes you're just in the mood for those, ya know?
    Posted by doctabroccoli[/QUOTE]

Yup, poor DH sees a lot of those.  That one I'll wait for on Redbox.  :)
  • Options
    FI and I saw it Saturday night. It was HILARIOUS. I really loved it. I've never heard so much audience-laughter in a movie before. SEE IT.
  • Options
    I'm taking my girls to see it tonight - my mom saw it on Friday and loved it. She said "Don't drink a lot before you see it... you'll pee your pants!" haha..
  • Options
    It looks funny; I'm looking forward to seeing it soon.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    OMG it was sooooo good. Definitely a man movie with girl characters, so a lot of raunchy stuff. But at the same time it tugs at the heartstrings a little and I love Kristin Wiig! I'm hoping to take some bridesmaids to it and see it again!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm going to see it this Saturday.  I heard it was really funny.
    White Knot Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    :( I miss so many movie releases.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_nwr-anyone-see-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b116050e-b23a-4546-a091-82061571b469Post:284a6bed-4bba-436f-94d8-be4636b04eeb">Re: NWR: Anyone see Bridesmaids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]:( I miss so many movie releases.
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

<div>Don't worry snippy, I'll send you a youtube video of me reenacting the entire movie. It'll be pretty sweet.</div>
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Saw it yesterday and it was by far, one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time.  I was laughing so hard that my stomach hurt when we left....hilarious!

• Options
    Now the question is:  will a guy appreciate it or is it a chick flick?  Should I take my husband or just go with my girlfriend?  He loved the Hangover and he does watch romantic comedies with me...
  • Options

Bridesmaids was so funny! I peed a lil :P Definately a must see, it gets pretty sad around the last hour but it still stays funny :D

Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_nwr-anyone-see-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b116050e-b23a-4546-a091-82061571b469Post:66e87a76-c21b-41ad-b40b-95c04c73625f">Re: NWR: Anyone see Bridesmaids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Now the question is:  will a guy appreciate it or is it a chick flick?  Should I take my husband or just go with my girlfriend?  He loved the Hangover and he does watch romantic comedies with me...
    Posted by noodle_oo[/QUOTE]
    Definately a movie guys would like too :) My fiance and I went to see it but its the humor that makes it an everyone kind of movie, its not overly emotional and its got some gross out humor that any guy will find funny.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    going tonight with some of my BM's and MOH, we are sooo excited! heard its hillarious
  • Options
    Saw it last night and loved it. All of my girls were busy or had already seen it, so I saw it with FI and his brother, and they both loved it too.
  • Options
    Me and my bridal party went this past Saturday. My MOH walked out on the 2nd sex scene (she is ya know..wait until marriage type) and it annoyed her...but all in all it had a lot of LOL moments, but I did have some bored moments they could have had more humor.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    mctlongmctlong member
    First Comment
    Very funny. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards