Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Bachelor party

Last night we went out with a bunch of friends and there was a few people there that we see only every once in a while. One of the guys we see only every once in a while asked my H if he would like to go on his bachelor party next weekend and said it was going to cost 300 dollars for the weekend. We are not invited to the wedding. Most of the bachelor party is very close to my H. He feels like he has to go but I dont think he should and thought is was rude. I just need advice. He is not sure what he should do.

Re: Bachelor party

• Options
    I would find it rude, and he has no obligation to go.
    5/27/12
  • Options
    He should go if he wants, and if you guys have 300 dollars to spend on such short notice. 

But, it was rude, if he wants to invite him to his party he should have invited you guys to the wedding. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bachelor-party-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b2a084fa-f462-4529-814f-46efe9b734faPost:664462a9-06c2-49d1-8492-2a7aecbf7dde">Bachelor party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Last night we went out with a bunch of friends and there was a few people there that we see only every once in a while. One of the guys we see only every once in a while asked my H if he would like to go on his bachelor party next weekend and said it was going to cost 300 dollars for the weekend. We are not invited to the wedding. Most of the bachelor party is very close to my H. He feels like he has to go but I dont think he should and thought is was rude. I just need advice. He is not sure what he should do.
    Posted by overloaded[/QUOTE]

<div>Honestly, it sounds like a courtesy invite, since the guys were probably talking about it, and the groom probably felt bad that he was left out.  He has no obligation to go, and I would definitely be telling H hell no if it cost $300 and it wasn't a good friend of his.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bachelor-party-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b2a084fa-f462-4529-814f-46efe9b734faPost:7f262182-839d-4c8e-89ea-13ed6bd225a5">Re: Bachelor party</a>:
    [QUOTE]He should go if he wants, and if you guys have 300 dollars to spend on such short notice.  But, it was rude, if he wants to invite him to his party he should have invited you guys to the wedding. 
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

agreed.
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bachelor-party-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b2a084fa-f462-4529-814f-46efe9b734faPost:7f262182-839d-4c8e-89ea-13ed6bd225a5">Re: Bachelor party</a>:
    [QUOTE]He should go if he wants, and if you guys have 300 dollars to spend on such short notice.  But, it was rude, if he wants to invite him to his party he should have invited you guys to the wedding. 
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with this.  </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bachelor-party-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b2a084fa-f462-4529-814f-46efe9b734faPost:6d5c33cc-2698-4033-a42c-f3b3f4621d84">Re: Bachelor party</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bachelor party : Honestly, it sounds like a courtesy invite, since the guys were probably talking about it, and the groom probably felt bad that he was left out.  He has no obligation to go, and I would definitely be telling H hell no if it cost $300 and it wasn't a good friend of his.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div><div>
    </div><div>But I would definitely find it rude if I were you.</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Thank you for your advice. I know he was stuggling with this because H and most of the bachelor party has been friends since 3rd grade and has always lived within blocks of each other. He did talk to the best man and decided not to go.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bachelor-party-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b2a084fa-f462-4529-814f-46efe9b734faPost:664462a9-06c2-49d1-8492-2a7aecbf7dde">Bachelor party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Last night we went out with a bunch of friends and there was a few people there that we see only every once in a while. One of the guys we see only every once in a while asked my H if he would like to go on his bachelor party next weekend and said it was going to cost 300 dollars for the weekend. We are not invited to the wedding. Most of the bachelor party is very close to my H. He feels like he has to go but I dont think he should and thought is was rude. I just need advice. He is not sure what he should do.
    Posted by overloaded[/QUOTE]

I've found that the guys are a lot looser on the etiquette of wedding related subjects.  And they don't seem to be bothered by it.

meh, if he wants to go, great,  if not, I doubt anyone would have their azz in a wringer over it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards