Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

To tip or not to tip the pastor

We met with our pastor last night to plan our wedding and the cost for everything is 890, 350 of which is paid directly to him, not to the church. This seems higher than other amounts I've seen on here. So, do I have to tip? He is also getting a small fee for the sessions for pre marital counseling as well.

Re: To tip or not to tip the pastor

• Options
    That is really high. I would not tip regardless, especially if you are already making a dontation to his church.
  • Options
    umm 

You don't tip a priest you 'make a contribution to the church' 

I guess in that circumstance you don't have to, actually you never 'have' to

(it is only about $150 more than are basic payment for our church - so it doesn't seem completely outlandish)

• Options
    In Response to Re:To tip or not to tip the pastor:[QUOTE]ummnbsp;You don't tip a priest you 'make a contribution to the church'nbsp;I guess in that circumstance you don't have to, actually you never 'have' tonbsp;it is only about 150 more than are basic payment for our church so it doesn't seem completely outlandish Posted by andthepigsaidtothecow[/QUOTE]

If it's 150 more then you're paying 200 so this is a 75 percent increase which, in my opinion, IS outlandish!

Thanks for the input, ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards