Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Another round of pets vs. kids

http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/32376702/ShowThread.aspx#32376702

Btw, your knot and nest/bump name are the same and anyone can post over there in case you're so inclined.
BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Another round of pets vs. kids

• Options
    I hate that, how frustrating.
    Photobucket
  • Options

ARGH!  That's not even a pet vs child thing.  It's a "I'm tired with my pet because they are no longer convenient" thing.

kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I can't even fathom getting rid of a pet because it is too much work. Maybe I am being harsh, but how can one presumably be ready to take care of a child when an animal is too much work?
  • Options
    Poor kitty. It sounds like she's acting out because of all the stressors in her life. Sad.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    No, you're not jasmine.  I love my kitties.  I can't imagine losing them.

I don't have kids yet, but they are so innocent, and (kind of) sweet.  I can't imagine getting rid of them.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Exactly Shelly. How do you just let go of that attachment? I really want to foster dogs for the rescue group here, but I don't think I could keep myself from getting attached, even after just a few weeks.
  • Options
    I could never do that to one of my animals. My two cats are my children and I love them too much to ever get rid of them. Its frustrating to no end when people say they can't do both because its too much work.

This is part of the reason my grandparents have 8 cats. They take in cats that have been dumped on the side of the highway by their house.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    I would never get rid of my cats. Ever. When we decided to get them as kittens, we made a commitment to take care of them until the day they die. There's no way that we would ever give them up because of a kid. Hell, they ARE our kids!
  • Options
    Ugh, that's just awful.  I had to spend over $350 recently on my cat, while trying to save for a wedding, but I never even THOUGHT about not doing anything I could at the vet's to try and help him.  He's fine now, and as completely adorable as ever.  That poor cat is completely stressed and unhappy.  She's probably yelling at it a lot, or something in their new house (new carpets, maybe?) has irritated her paws, which is why she's biting them all the time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker

VOTE on my Name List

• Options
    I agree with PPs.  I could never get rid of my pets.  People like that irritate me.  I work with this girl who was all excited about getting a Pomeranian.  She researched the breed and spent months looking around at shelters and breeders to find just the right dog.  Well a year and a half later she decided he was taking time away from her new BF (because he thinks the dog is annoying and doesn't want her bringing it over to his place) so she dumped it on her 80-something grandmother so she'd have more time to spend with the BF.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    Shiit like that really pisses me off. People who say that cats/dogs are "just animals" deserve a kick in the asss. Some people don't deserve to be a pet owner.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_another-round-of-pets-vs-kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b7ef4dc6-2b74-4aba-91e9-d6b439c1e509Post:ae2524e2-5445-43a0-876e-b1c7e311b145">Re: Another round of pets vs. kids</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shiit like that really pisses me off. People who say that cats/dogs are "just animals" deserve a kick in the asss. Some people don't deserve to be a pet owner.
    Posted by ggmae[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  I want to smack that Inlove16 biitch.  I'm not going to respond to her, though.  She's an idiot.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    While I agree that it's crappy, I'd rather see her find a new loving home for the cat than ignore/mistreat/borderline abuse it once her child is born because she feels too guilty to give it away.  She should just be guilt wracked so that she doesn't go get another pet for a long time.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    The only reason I think warrants re-homing an animal is if it is a danger to you or others, and training cannot remedy that. Simply being hard to deal with is not a reason to get rid of your pet, and having a kid does not give you a Get Out of Jail Free card.
  • Options
    i hate her and people like that. and that inlove16 - as i was reading her novel, i thought to myself, well that wretch never should've gotten knocked up to begin with. i should've guessed before i got to that part - dumb biitch is knocked up again. FIGURES with garbage like her.
  • Options
    I posted this:

"Every day, like clockwork, my cat walks up to the litter box, sniffs around, and shits.  1 foot away from the litter box.  Everyday.  For the past 11 years.  But, guess what I do?  I pick it up, clean up the tile and (prepare for a shocker!) don't try to get rid of him.  Why?  Because he is my cat, that I adopted. "

Seriously, why does he always shiit right outside of the litterbox?  I should get rid of him.
  • Options
    I'm with squirrly. I love my dog but don't at all consider him my child. I think they're two separate things. I think that woman is a bitch for trying to take the easy road instead of following through on her responsibility and caring for her pet, but she sounds just mean to the cat, and for that reason I'd actually rather the cat find a better home if it's a possibility.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_another-round-of-pets-vs-kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b7ef4dc6-2b74-4aba-91e9-d6b439c1e509Post:7dbb1abd-c35d-4152-a23b-38841ba02c43">Re: Another round of pets vs. kids</a>:
    [QUOTE]I posted this: "Every day, like clockwork, my cat walks up to the litter box, sniffs around, and shits.  1 foot away from the litter box.  Everyday.  For the past 11 years.  But, guess what I do?  I pick it up, clean up the tile and (prepare for a shocker!) don't try to get rid of him.  Why?  Because he is my cat, that I adopted. " Seriously, why does he always shiit right outside of the litterbox?  I should get rid of him.
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]

Just wait until you get knocked up.  Then everyone HAS to understand.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards