Wedding Etiquette Forum

Can we liven things up?

It's a "snow" day with no snow so I'm off today.  I think they made the call because our high school is on a hill and with ice it's just a bad idea.  So here I am, a day off...and nothing to do.  H has my truck because his vehicle wouldn't start this morning so I'm home with no way to anywhere.  C'mon people, entertain me!  Post some crappy ideas so I can jump on your asses and tell you how rude you are!

Re: Can we liven things up?

• I'm having a cash bar, but it's ok, because I'm giving the VIP's drink tickets.  Also, I told each of my BM's to lose 20 lbs before the wedding and dye their hair blonde.  My parents are paying for the wedding (because duh, I ASKED them too), but not the honeymoon, so I've started a registry.  I'll post a link so you can all make a donation to another needy bride.  TIA!
  • Hello!  I just got to work like an hour ago.  Its been a busy morning.  We took our car to the shop on Sunday for what should have been a 2 hour fix, but nope - it's still at the shop - this is the 3rd FULL day they've had it and still no call that it's done.  So I had to take Mr Stack to work on the opposite side of town, then go back by our house to take J to school, then shopped around before I picked her up to take her to the sitter, and then back to the opposite side of town so I can go to work.  I feel like I've been in the car all morning. 

I did get some Christmas shopping done today.  I found a set of glass baking dishes for $10 so I bought 2.  I don't even know who I'm giving them to but it was such a great deal for a 9 piece set I couldn't buy just one.  I also got my mom an electric griddle and some socks and an electric cordless shaver thing for Mr Stack. 

Still a crap ton to do, but it was a start more than I had when I woke up this morning. 
  • Yeah we have a snow day here, and there is only 4" on the ground, and its about 20 degrees or so outside with the sun shining.  So of course the neighborhood kids are loving it, which is ruining my dogs sleep and he keeps barking at them while I'm on the phone with clients.  I have some running around to do later and I'm pretty sure its going to be dead everywhere, which I'm actually pretty excited about. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • AND - don't forget Kiki - this is your second wedding, because your first was in Vegas and not big enough, so you need a real wedding where you get lots of presents this time. 
  • The only honeymoon you'll be going on is the honeymoon to hell.  How dare you only ask your BMs to lose 20 pounds.  My guess is they could each stand to lose at least 50.  Better yet, instead of having your friends lose weight - because, let's face it, they're fat and they don't care - just hire some models.  They'll do what you want, because you're paying them, and your wedding pictures will look awesome.

Oh, and you're entitled to have your parents pay for your wedding.  It's their obligation as parents.  It comes with the territory.  I hope they're not cheaping out and that's why you're having a cash bar.  That would be really unfair of them.  I mean, it's YOUR day, who cares if you go into debt to get married?
  • It's 80 here and sunny.  And in about, 20 minutes I'm leaving to go to the beach.  Tongue out
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Can I set up a wedding registry? like aunt mrytle can buy us the centerpiece for her table?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-liven-things-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b9c75312-9a93-4b03-85e3-a087e6c273fbPost:f9b584ce-8a73-4a1b-bf20-266305bf13d4">Re: Can we liven things up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's 80 here and sunny.  And in about, 20 minutes I'm leaving to go to the beach. 
    Posted by FutureMrsFezz[/QUOTE]

Brat!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-liven-things-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b9c75312-9a93-4b03-85e3-a087e6c273fbPost:35ebda52-5130-4b54-8a8f-46e4c25477fa">Re: Can we liven things up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having a cash bar, but it's ok, because I'm giving the VIP's drink tickets.  Also, I told each of my BM's to lose 20 lbs before the wedding and dye their hair blonde.  My parents are paying for the wedding (because duh, I ASKED them too), but not the honeymoon, so I've started a registry.  I'll post a link so you can all make a donation to another needy bride.  TIA!
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

Well I'm doing all that, having a bouncer at a door denying entry for anyone without an acceptable gift, and not serving dinner to anyone but family.  The rest of the guests will just stand around at the bar while we eat.  We also are doing a 50/50 raffle, and my mom is spreading the word thats its expected that whoever wins donates their share to us as well. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Actually, I'm having the cash bar for-profit.  I'm having the venue double their normal drink prices and give me the extra.  GENIUS, RIGHT??
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-liven-things-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b9c75312-9a93-4b03-85e3-a087e6c273fbPost:f9b584ce-8a73-4a1b-bf20-266305bf13d4">Re: Can we liven things up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's 80 here and sunny.  And in about, 20 minutes I'm leaving to go to the beach. 
    Posted by FutureMrsFezz[/QUOTE]

I hate you. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-liven-things-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b9c75312-9a93-4b03-85e3-a087e6c273fbPost:d5663d73-6e59-4b23-81e5-b42d997c715b">Re: Can we liven things up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Actually, I'm having the cash bar for-profit.  I'm having the venue double their normal drink prices and give me the extra.  GENIUS, RIGHT??

Don't forget the tip jar, which you will also pocket. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Stack, that sucks about your car!  I hate being carless.  H felt sooo bad about having to take my truck, but if that's the worst thing in our lives right now, well, I guess that's ok.  At least there's a grocery store, coffee shop, and restaurants in walking distance if I get too bored!  Oh, and where did you find the glass set for $10?!  I think I need those!

Beach, that sounds like my dog last night.  He was barking at the snow.  Stupid dog.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-liven-things-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b9c75312-9a93-4b03-85e3-a087e6c273fbPost:5ca323a6-522a-4e88-b01c-9b09f85e5b63">Re: Can we liven things up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we liven things up? : Well I'm doing all that, having a bouncer at a door denying entry for anyone without an acceptable gift, and not serving dinner to anyone but family.  The rest of the guests will just stand around at the bar while we eat.  We also are doing a 50/50 raffle, and my mom is spreading the word thats its expected that whoever wins donates their share to us as well. 
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the cover charge! HTH!

Stack, you can always come down and hang at the beach with me!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• And if anyone dares to show up in JEANS, I will cut their goddamn legs off.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-liven-things-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b9c75312-9a93-4b03-85e3-a087e6c273fbPost:d5663d73-6e59-4b23-81e5-b42d997c715b">Re: Can we liven things up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Actually, I'm having the cash bar for-profit.  I'm having the venue double their normal drink prices and give me the extra.  GENIUS, RIGHT??

Total genius.  Maybe you should have them water down the drinks, too, so people have to drink more to feel it.  Then you'd make even more money!
  • This is my last day of work for the week, so of course this day is going to last forever.  I'm actually really excited for Thanksgiving this year. 
    After Thanksgiving, I get to study for finals and move all at the same time.  It should be interesting.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-liven-things-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b9c75312-9a93-4b03-85e3-a087e6c273fbPost:115ccf8c-1aed-411b-a8e5-18e8adf2e1ba">Re: Can we liven things up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stack, that sucks about your car!  I hate being carless.  H felt sooo bad about having to take my truck, but if that's the worst thing in our lives right now, well, I guess that's ok.  At least there's a grocery store, coffee shop, and restaurants in walking distance if I get too bored!  Oh, and where did you find the glass set for $10?!  I think I need those! Beach, that sounds like my dog last night.  He was barking at the snow.  Stupid dog.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

The car thing is just ridiculous today!  It was literally a 2 hour job and they managed to break a gasket taking the part out so they had to order it and when it got there yesterday nobody was there to put it in.  It's really annoying. 

Anyhow.  Meijer is where I got the glass dishes.  There are (if I remember correctly) 3 different sizes of casserole dishes, a glass serving dish with lid and two smaller glass bowls with lids. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-liven-things-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b9c75312-9a93-4b03-85e3-a087e6c273fbPost:3a0512a5-70e1-4d83-8e39-7e24cca42fdd">Re: Can we liven things up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]And if anyone dares to show up in JEANS, I will cut their goddamn legs off.

Should make for some interesting photos.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards