Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I hate that I'm about to do this - Invites

2»

Re: I hate that I'm about to do this - Invites

• Options
    I totally disagree with the results of this poll. 4 FTW.
  • Options
    ...you know invitations aren't required, right?

Wink
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hate-im-this-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ba60f2ba-1c98-4651-82f5-f84965297943Post:2ada5c08-e9e7-4e87-b0b5-aa717380a44b">Re: I hate that I'm about to do this - Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]...you know invitations aren't required, right?  
    Posted by vallyhoo[/QUOTE]

I almost peed.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hate-im-this-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ba60f2ba-1c98-4651-82f5-f84965297943Post:77809789-7579-4f55-991b-189c8ad74d54">Re: I hate that I'm about to do this - Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have all the invitations and programs from all the weddings I've attended :)  yes, i know i'm a dork
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

Me too, and $4/invitation isn't outrageous to me. How many invitations are you sending?
  • Options
    #4 kind of has a country wedding vibe to it, in my opinion.  Like it reminds me of a country concert poster.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hate-im-this-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ba60f2ba-1c98-4651-82f5-f84965297943Post:cb649ec2-0f7f-4980-8871-b9f10f70eabf">Re: I hate that I'm about to do this - Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I hate that I'm about to do this - Invites : Me too, and $4/invitation isn't outrageous to me. How many invitations are you sending?
    Posted by parker624[/QUOTE]

I'm sending one to each person, couple or family that I'm inviting. I thought that would work pretty well!
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hate-im-this-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ba60f2ba-1c98-4651-82f5-f84965297943Post:d6f895d2-bf5a-441a-a285-812d1d2b14d3">Re: I hate that I'm about to do this - Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I hate that I'm about to do this - Invites : I'm sending one to each person, couple or family that I'm inviting. I thought that would work pretty well!
    Posted by temerityjane[/QUOTE]

Huh?  Why the snark?  Do you not want to tell the boards how big your wedding is going to be? Or how much you are spending? (I would understand that, but it wasn't my intention in asking the question)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hate-im-this-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ba60f2ba-1c98-4651-82f5-f84965297943Post:4392abcb-8321-4168-88d0-db2ffebc1083">Re: I hate that I'm about to do this - Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I hate that I'm about to do this - Invites : Huh?  Why the snark?  Do you not want to tell the boards how big your wedding is going to be? Or how much you are spending? (I would understand that, but it wasn't my intention in asking the question)
    Posted by parker624[/QUOTE]

Paraphrase: "$4 doesn't seem like a lot. How many are you sending?"

Seriously?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    I was just trying to support your choice.  sorry if you interpreted it wrong.
  • Options
    I kind of get what you were trying to do, but I'm not interested in putting the actual number out there so people can say "That's too high!" or "Nah, that's fine," because it's really not up for discussion at all.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    So, TJ, which ones are you going with?
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    I am going with... not  number 1.

I am really seriously leaning towards 3, but like you pointed out, I don't want the big H (or O, in our case) on there, and I'm not sure how the design would look with our names.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    *chants* Num! Ber! Fourrrr!!!!!

I really like them, although I'm biased since they make me think of ours ;) I think that any of those are a great choice, honestly. And I love that you're using Etsy! It's so great to support independent individuals/organizations for stuff like this.

Aaaaand for the PPs who said that invitations don't matter... We sent ours out Monday, and I guess a few have arrived today, since I've gotten messages from a whole bunch of people saying how impressed they were and how much they liked them. It really does set the tone of the whole wedding, and there's nothing wrong with allocating your budget how you see fit.

Now, if TJ was feeding her guests saltines and water in order to obtain said invitations, that would be another story ;) But yeah... Not an issue.
  • Options
    TJ, could you do your two first initials instead of the O?  I didn't like it for ours, since I don't use my legal first name, and B & M just reminds me too much of Bowel Movement.  Gah-ross.  But, a lot of times you can do something like this:

E & J

E|J  (that's the bar character between them)

or do them in different colors and overlay them.  If you ask the designer, I bet she can come up with cool stuff.  If not, look on Etsy for cheap monogram designs.  Buy one, then send it to her to use.  You can find TONS for under $5.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Poli, #4 totally made me think of yours!  As soon as I saw you chant number 4, I laughed!  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Unrequested update!

I've decided to go with #3 - the Aspen invite. I've got a message in to the designer about making the belly band resemble either the belly band of Option 1, with our first names and wedding date, or Option 4, with our first initials, and also asked about the possibility of replacing the initial on the rest of the invitation suite.

I seriously have made up and changed my mind 16 times today. I want them all. I seriously did consider Mrs_AF's idea of ordering 20 of three different invites and sending them out at random.

But I am considering this DONE now, thank you very much!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards