Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Pretty Little Liars

I know I'm not the only one....discuss!

Re: Pretty Little Liars

• Options
    Haven't watch the new one yet...but I read summaries of all the books and I'm interested in seeing how close they stay to the books.
  • Options
    I can't frickin get my hands on the first book! I have it reserved at the library but I'm number 3 in line. If only I could tell those other people ahead of me that I'll only take it for a couple hours...
  • Options
    From what I read about it, the first book is basically the first episode
  • Options
    I missed today's episode! :(  ABCfamily repeats them, though, right? I mean, before next week? I know they show them at 7pm... but hopefully I can catch it before next week.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_pretty-little-liars?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bb288c30-6902-4967-bbd0-c744d01f5ea2Post:913ba93e-d84a-4849-8b18-26c9b1eda0bf">Re: Pretty Little Liars</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haven't watch the new one yet...but I read summaries of all the books and I'm interested in seeing how close they stay to the books.
    Posted by nightmare_of_beauty[/QUOTE]
    I've read most of the books in the series so far. They've made some major changes and some minor ones, but none too unforgivable. The biggest change so far is their ages. The flashback stuff happens before, during and after 7th grade in the book, mostly. In the show they made them older because, well, i would guess because of the actresses.
    The only problem I have with this are the lies. For seventh graders, their secrets are a really heavy burden. As high school students, they aren't AS big of a deal, so they lose a bit of sympathy (and in at least one case, empathy) from me. I am very anxious to see how the writers deal with this.
  • Options
    I've heard about this so much..but haven't watched. I'm curious.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Fated- yup! I missed last weeks and they played it before this weeks new episode. I thiiiink abc family plays  them on their site or maybe hulu.

Himes- you've got to watch!

I was doing a lot of squeeing tonight but I think thats just my mood in general tonight
  • Options
    Simply: I'm wondering if they'll go as far with Emily as the book did.

Also I noticed that it was 3 years later in the book, not one. Made a bit more sense for Hanna to work off the weight and gain popularity in 3 rather than just 1.
  • Options
    I like the creepy kid. He's cute but his teeth suck.

The teacher is killing me, so cute!

Who do you think A is?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_pretty-little-liars?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bb288c30-6902-4967-bbd0-c744d01f5ea2Post:3d66187c-7f8a-493a-bb42-e94c0a9acf0b">Re: Pretty Little Liars</a>:
    [QUOTE]Simply: I'm wondering if they'll go as far with Emily as the book did. Also I noticed that it was 3 years later in the book, not one. Made a bit more sense for Hanna to work off the weight and gain popularity in 3 rather than just 1.
    Posted by nightmare_of_beauty[/QUOTE]
    Oh yeah, absolutely. In the book, she spends the summer after Ali's disappearance working on her look and the three years afterwards losing the weight and becoming popular.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_pretty-little-liars?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bb288c30-6902-4967-bbd0-c744d01f5ea2Post:ba1aaa92-8123-4ae2-9138-6c90d0950c7e">Re: Pretty Little Liars</a>:
    [QUOTE] Who do you think A is?
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]
    well, i have different (more) knowledge than you so it wouldn't be fair if I said... who do you think it is, though?
  • Options
    I need that first book, I even checked the neighboring libraries, no luck.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_pretty-little-liars?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bb288c30-6902-4967-bbd0-c744d01f5ea2Post:c2fb2350-2f0d-4fca-87b8-42db413a1f5f">Re: Pretty Little Liars</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need that first book, I even checked the neighboring libraries, no luck.
    You have it on hold, though right? Hopefully it comes in soon for you!
  • Options

Could you try amazon?

• Options
    I do have it on hold. What if those people ahead of me take their full 3 weeks though? Blegh
    Haha ok, its not that big of a deal, I have other books I'm reading
  • Options

I always wonder that too Roxy, I usually read pretty quick.

• Options
    Sometimes I'm not able to get the books back right after I'm done reading them and I feel bad. :(

• Options
    Yea, I could totally go buy it but I'm not sure its one I want to own.

I read fast which is awesome but kind of sucks when I run out of books and can't make it to the library or bookstore.
  • Options
    Fated- I'm in that boat right now :S I do have some books that are due back in a couple weeks that I'd like to get back but Its too hot during the week.
  • Options
    I've had that problem too Simply. Usually I borrow from a friend so they don't care how long it takes me when I get absent minded.
  • Options
    I don't borrow from friends anymore. Last time I borrowed a book from a friend, she talked me into trading her. She loaned me one of her books and I lent her one of my copies of Deathly Hallows. That was a year ago and she still hasn't returned it. I have several other copies, but it was one of my British copies and I would like it back, lol.

I borrow from my boyfriend's little sister, though. She is 13 and is the one who recommended Pretty Little Liars to me. And she has her own copies of the Harry Potter books....
  • Options
    I wouldn't loan out a special book like that, just a book that I like and thought someone should read.

My sister let me borrow her copy of Dear John that was autograph back Nicholas Sparks and I didn't want to give it back. But I did.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_pretty-little-liars?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bb288c30-6902-4967-bbd0-c744d01f5ea2Post:cb81be39-123b-4e15-9b77-106285cdffe6">Re: Pretty Little Liars</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fated- I'm in that boat right now :S I do have some books that are due back in a couple weeks that I'd like to get back but Its too hot during the week.
    oooh I have the same problem! I try to go early before it gets too hot (but then... well, early is just not for me, lol) or later when it has cooled down, but by the time "later" rolls around, I just tell myself, "Eh, I'll go early tomorrow morning before it gets too hot out."

It's a vicious cycle. :(

I was so excited my friend was agreeing to read the book then I didn't mind lending it to her.
  • Options
    Haha yea, early would be before work and their not open yet. I wait until fridays when I get off early.
  • Options
    ONLY thing good about being out of work... being able to go to places before it gets too hot out, lol.

I'm off to bed, busy day tomorrow! I'm taking my boyfriend's sister and one of her friends to see Eclipse... and, yes, I'm using her as an excuse so I can go. I fully plan to blame it on how I HAVE to take the two 13 year olds because they want to see it sooo badly...

night night! <3
  • Options
    I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! It's tiding me over until Gossip Girl starts up again. I just realized last night that there are books so I need to check those out and take them on my 10 hour ride to Ohio on Friday BAAAAAAAAAARF.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    love this show. I didn't know until just now that it's based on a book series. I shall have to find.

*spoiler*

I think A = Jenna = Allison. in fact, I think Allison faked her own death (possibly killed Jenna herself), dyed her hair and faking being blind. wearing the dark glasses to hide her eyes so everyone doesn't know who she is. that's my theory.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    I love Mr. Fitz. That's all I've got. He's a sweetheart, and fuckhot.

I've read the first three books, I really should get around to picking up the rest of them.
  • Options
    Mr. Fitz is HOT. I larve freckles. Le sigh.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am watching this on Hulu.  I did cheat and read the synosis on Wickpedia on who A is. though
  • Options

I didn't know there were books!! How many books are in the series?

Pooh-- I was thinking the same thing about Jenna being A., but I didn't think about it acutally being Alison.  I like the theory though, that makes so much sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards