Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I'm covered in circles.

Yesterday, during surgery, they put the little circle stickers (heart monitors, I suppose), all over my chest.

My skin didn't react well to them being taken off--and I'm covered in red blotchy circles that kind of sting.

Any suggestions on what to put on them?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm covered in circles.

• Options
    Hm.. if it's an allergic reaction to the glue, maybe Benadryl or any hydrocortisone cream would help. 
  • Options
    A shirt.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    You can try a cortisone cream. I had a similar reaction to those heart monitors myself, and that's what the nurse told me to put on. Worked like a charm.
  • Options
    I don't think I'd put anything on them. I would maybe take some benadryl.
    Also, Hi!! Surgery and all went ok?!
  • Options
    I've had those before, but they tend to fade in about 24 hours. If they're not terribly itchy, I'd probably just wash them with water and leave them be. Otherwise, as per kiki, put something to counter the allergic reaction on there. It may not be an allergic reaction so much as just agitation from them being pulled off, though.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-covered-circles?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:be5ab651-0d26-47b0-b0df-d779d9e851eaPost:bf393048-045e-412d-933f-878e48fa189c">Re: I'm covered in circles.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hm.. if it's an allergic reaction to the glue, maybe Benadryl or any hydrocortisone cream would help. 
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

Okay--this is what I was thinking, but I coudn't put my finger on it---I didn't want to use antibiotic cream.

My sister's here--and she's a nurse, but couldn't come up with it either.

And, Fishy--I already have one of those on.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-covered-circles?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:be5ab651-0d26-47b0-b0df-d779d9e851eaPost:66ef0c90-dd52-470f-bee0-7fa97cbf0678">Re: I'm covered in circles.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think I'd put anything on them. I would maybe take some benadryl. Also, Hi!! Surgery and all went ok?!
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

Yes!! Went well!! I'm having troubles today with my throat following the intubation (they cut my uvula a bit)--and I feel much better today than yesterday :)
  • Options
    well dammit. Then I'm fresh out of ideas.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Guppy FTW!
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Aquaphor should work
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-covered-circles?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:be5ab651-0d26-47b0-b0df-d779d9e851eaPost:ceb229b5-3580-4042-844a-a1ebc1497ee9">Re: I'm covered in circles.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm covered in circles. : Yes!! Went well!! I'm having troubles today with my throat following the intubation (they cut my uvula a bit)--and I feel much better today than yesterday :)
    Posted by RachNRich[/QUOTE]

Ouch! I'm glad you're feeling better though. Hopefully not too much more of this. I see you posted pics of Rich? Yay!
  • Options
    I'm silly. I thought the uvula was in your lady bits and I was about to ask "what were they doing rummaging around down there?"... and then I googled. but I still figured you could laugh at my stupidity.

Glad you're doing good today! usually gentle soap and water will get rid of the residue from those little sticky patches. Definitely cortizone or topical benadryl for the itching. I'd avoid ingesting benadryl in case of a reaction with your current medication(unless your doctor approves it, better safe than sorry) :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-covered-circles?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:be5ab651-0d26-47b0-b0df-d779d9e851eaPost:e2f9dd2d-ce75-41b1-8366-c6900c606bed">Re: I'm covered in circles.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm silly. I thought the uvula was in your lady bits and I was about to ask "what were they doing rummaging around down there?"... and then I googled. but I still figured you could laugh at my stupidity.
    Posted by lilgina64[/QUOTE]

I thought it was lady bits too--until I was corrected earlier today for calling it "the hangy-ball-thing."
  • Options
    Ohhhh, THAT uvula.  Whoops.

Glad you're feeling semi-better!
  • Options
    haha that's exactly what I just said to Mr lil... Hangy ball thingy. Such a technical term Wink
  • Options
    LilG, you crack me up.

As far as the circles, I don't have anything to add since cortisone cream was covered. But I was wondering if maybe it was the type of red spot that comes from your skin being pulled too hard? Like if you've used double stick tape, you get those hickey-like marks when you pull it off, which unfortunately you just have to wait for to fade. Hope they go away soon, at least it will be one less thing to worry about!

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards