Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Sunday Night

Evening everyone!
I hope you had a great Sunday.
H and I did nothing. We went to the store and that is it. We have been so lazy on the weekends lately. I blame it on his job.
What does the week look like for you?

Re: Sunday Night

• Options
    Good Evening!
    I love lazy days..they make me really happySmile
    Today we spent time with my family for my birthday and went to some grad parties.

Hopefully this week I will get my programs all done and hopefully some other wedding related stuff.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • Options
    We had a lazy weekend too, it's so nice sometimes to just relax.  Outside of going to the post office yesterday to mail out our STDs, a small grocery shopping trip, and a little yardwork this morning, we've done nothing but watch tv and take naps together.  It's actually been nice to not have anything we have to do.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm here. DH made a great dinner for us ( 6 of us) We only have 3 more Sundays left. ( we have been doing Sunday cookout for 4 years). Kind of bitter sweet.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Hi... I'll be back in 20 or 30 minutes.  I'm going out to get ice cream.  I've been craving Cold Stone.
  • Options
    MRSBJSMRSBJS member
    First Comment
    Evening ladies...

I had a very busy weekend! I had a sex toy bingo to go to Friday night, company meeting for the company I am a consultant for all day yesterday, then a party today that I covered for another consultant. I'm exhausted! Nothing on tap for this week except working my day job :(
  • Options
    I agree with lazy days, but it has been that way the last couple of weekends. I know we are just ready for summer break.
  • Options
    Ahhh.. lazy sundays. We kept it pretty low key and stayed in/watched movies. The weather here was pretty crappy so we couldn't really do much. We did, however buy a bistro set for the balcony today. We had looked at it previously but it was really early in the 'patio furniture season' so we decided to wait. Anyway, we went back today and it was the last one in stock! Score!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:be7fdcb9-d986-406d-9d42-aed880c7115bPost:447e1f26-942b-41d6-a5a6-dfbb9104f8dc">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi... I'll be back in 20 or 30 minutes.  I'm going out to get ice cream.  I've been craving Cold Stone.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]
    Oh yummmm
    Remembering Robby
  • Options
    Last time I had Cold Stone was for my birthday two years ago. We got an ice cream birthday cake. I knew there was a reason why I never ate ice cream after drinking.
  • Options
    Evening ladies! I nursed a hang over this morning and then FI and I went grocery shopping. Pretty boring. Happy birthday, Barbie!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you panther!
    Bree- I love love love ice cream cake :)
    Remembering Robby
  • Options
    bree, I'm crushed that you didn't pick up on my comment about the cheap friends at NYC wedding.

Knickerbocker Club rules :)
  • Options
    Happy birthday, Barbie! I hope you had a wonderful day.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:be7fdcb9-d986-406d-9d42-aed880c7115bPost:5ef47913-c48c-47f3-9cd0-efedb8eba36e">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Evening! I love lazy days..they make me really happy Today we spent time with my family for my birthday and went to some grad parties. Hopefully this week I will get my programs all done and hopefully some other wedding related stuff.
    Posted by barbie92[/QUOTE]

<div>Happy Birthday!  It is mine today too! :)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm jealous of all of your relaxing weekends. I had to be up at 7:00 both days to judge a high school debate tournament. And summer classes start tomorrow... Joy.

Bree- I'm so sorry your husband doesn't realize the amazingness that is ice cream cake.

Barbie- Happy Birthday! Did you end up figuring out a solution to your hug issue?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:be7fdcb9-d986-406d-9d42-aed880c7115bPost:e6aec195-1d77-4e21-8808-da4cfc7e5241">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Night : Sorry, I'm not familiar with this.
    Posted by bree4305[/QUOTE]

I was just trying to sound more pretentious
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:be7fdcb9-d986-406d-9d42-aed880c7115bPost:c654ccfa-a937-42e7-8bf3-205b6b948e8d">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Night : It's probably for the best, one less thing to make me fat!  Hey, I avoided the dessert table today at the birthday party I went to- score!

That is way more discipline then I could ever exhibit. Everytime I see sugar I go into nomnomnom mode.
  • Options
    teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2011
    I try not to do weekend school related items. If I have to, I have to. I was secretly happy that our beautification day was my wedding day. Not only did I get out of it, but others did too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:be7fdcb9-d986-406d-9d42-aed880c7115bPost:4a4d0f69-98d6-40f4-aa9a-5d1c96947ae2">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I try not to do weekend school related items. If I have to, I have to. I was secretly happy that our beatification day was my wedding day. Not only did I get out of it, but others did too.
    Posted by teachermegs[/QUOTE]

What is beatification? It sounds like beautification, but the opposite... You know, because they beat you instead of making you pretty.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:be7fdcb9-d986-406d-9d42-aed880c7115bPost:cebc8c8f-c07e-4821-a7e3-736ecefcbc4c">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]NC- Have you always had this username?  I recognize your sig pic, but I don't usually remember people who have like less than 200 posts because there are always so many newbs coming and going.

Yep, I've always had this one. I'm just extra- memorable. :)
  • Options
    Good evening ladies! 

FI made me tacos tonight :) I'm a lucky girl! 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:be7fdcb9-d986-406d-9d42-aed880c7115bPost:a5750746-de46-4a14-acbe-b31bac92d93f">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Night : What is beatification? It sounds like beautification, but the opposite... You know, because they beat you instead of making you pretty.
    Posted by NotColloquial[/QUOTE]
    Typing too fast and not using spell check- fail.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:be7fdcb9-d986-406d-9d42-aed880c7115bPost:e75f1aaf-5716-4ff4-9e02-24f65f680447">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Night : Happy Birthday!  It is mine today too! :)
    Posted by leed0019[/QUOTE]
    Happy Birthday!
    Remembering Robby
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:be7fdcb9-d986-406d-9d42-aed880c7115bPost:dc4a6392-9245-45ea-ae6f-525297b2a0ea">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm jealous of all of your relaxing weekends. I had to be up at 7:00 both days to judge a high school debate tournament. And summer classes start tomorrow... Joy. Bree- I'm so sorry your husband doesn't realize the amazingness that is ice cream cake. <strong>Barbie- Happy Birthday! Did you end up figuring out a solution to your hug issue?</strong>
    Posted by NotColloquial[/QUOTE]
    Thank you!
    And no I still haven't figured out what to do...I just don't want to hurt any feelings!
    Remembering Robby
  • Options
    Barbie, I'm sure you'll figure out something gracious and most importantly painless for you! I've got a lady in my office who has the same condition, I'll see if she has any ideas.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:be7fdcb9-d986-406d-9d42-aed880c7115bPost:bcc1a7dc-4af5-4f5a-81e2-1c53658fa26d">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Desperate Housewives is on!  I'm so excited because I totally forgot it was the 2 hr finale.

I forgot too and H is watching basketball. Which I don't understand because he never watches basketball.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:be7fdcb9-d986-406d-9d42-aed880c7115bPost:02e650ce-a1a7-4c78-a37a-61d10cf1b8c0">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Night : I forgot too and H is watching basketball. Which I don't understand because he never watches basketball.
    Posted by teachermegs[/QUOTE]

I know, guys are funny like that. FI is an Orlando Magic fan, yet his is glued to the TV. I called him into the kitchen to fix a plate for dinner and as I am trying to hand him a fork he starts drifting back towards the living room like a zombie. It made me laugh.
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Yesterday I spent about 6 hours running errands. Today I went jogging then did some yardwork. I finished reading one of the books I was in the middle of today. Now I'm just waiting to hear from Lucas that he landed in Chicago ok. (should have heard from him already I think)

NC it's very odd to me to see someone in a tank top next to a Chrismas tree. Then I looked at your location. :-)
  • Options
    Hey!  I worked 3rd shift this weekend and slept all day yesterday.  I got most of my housework done.  I have a little more to do before a realtor comes tomorrow night after work.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:be7fdcb9-d986-406d-9d42-aed880c7115bPost:32a7dbaa-5e97-42a4-a074-fa6e0ccc851a">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yesterday I spent about 6 hours running errands. Today I went jogging then did some yardwork. I finished reading one of the books I was in the middle of today. Now I'm just waiting to hear from Lucas that he landed in Chicago ok. (should have heard from him already I think) <strong>NC it's very odd to me to see someone in a tank top next to a Chrismas tree. Then I looked at your location. :-)</strong>
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

<div>That has been my life for the last 13 years..</div><div>
    </div><div> It will be weird to be in anything other than short and tank tops at xmas.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards