Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Punch Recipes?

So we're having a couple people over for a casual NYE get together and I'm determined to use my freaking punch bowl.  Does anyone have any good alcoholic punch recipes?  Or can I just mix a bunch of juices and some vodka together and call it good?
ttc chart
BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12

Re: Punch Recipes?

• Options

ive become a huge fan of the Rum Swizzle.  its popular in Bermuda.

you can go to Gosling's Rum website for the recipe.  But its basically OJ, Pineapple, Grenadine, Bitters adn Gosling's Rum.  Its a beautiful color and goes down oh so smooth.

• Options
    You could make sangria in it.  And by make sangria I mean buy a jug or Carlo Rossi sangria, and a package of pre-cut fruit, and combine.  Done! 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Make my white sangria!  It's soooo delicious and would work great in a punch bowl too!

1/2 jug Rhine Wine
    1/3 of a 2 liter 7 up (you do the math)
    triple Sec (2 shots) 
    Vodka ( 2 shots) 
    lime and orange
    1 cup sugar
    cinnamon
    cherries if desired

Cut up the lime and orange into segments and put at bottom of pitcher (or punch bowl).  Add sugar and cinnamon and mash together until well mixed. The fruit should break up a little and get really coated in the sugar.  Next add the triple sec, vodka, and half the jug of rhine wine.  mix well.  Add about a 1/3rd of the 2 liter of 7up/Sprite.  Mix well, sprinkle some more cinnamon on top if desired.  Serve in a glass with ice and try to get some fruit into each person's glass.

Rhine wine comes in those big glass jugs in the grocery store but if you can't find it, any sweet white table wine will do.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hawaiian punch and what ever booze you can find laying around.

Stir.
  • Options
    i lurve lemoncello
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions ladies!  My mom never hosted parties and I think I lack the gene so I get nervous having people over, haha.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    NPR did a story on old-fashioned, Charles-Dickens-like punch (like rum punch) which sounded good:

http://www.npr.org/2010/12/30/132444994/a-vintage-cocktail-that-packs-a-punch
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Alcoholic sherbert punch is a crowd pleaser!

I use the recipe below and sometimes substitute the champagne with rum or vodka.  Enjoy!

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,183,133185-246193,00.html
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_punch-recipes-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c1321007-71c5-4bbf-b7f1-6bc2585c87b3Post:32bc7000-6f7c-461d-88ee-707240190ee3">Re: Punch Recipes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could make sangria in it.  And by make sangria I mean buy a jug or Carlo Rossi sangria, and a package of pre-cut fruit, and combine.  Done! 
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

For Sangria I use 2 buck chuck cabernet, a few shots of cointreau, and some cut up citrus!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options

If I weren't dead-set on drinking White Russians tomorrow, I'd be having white sangria!

• Options
    Mmm, I love sherbet punch. It's so fruity and delicious.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was also going to suggest white sangria, looks like there are several good recipes already posted, but I will add that frozen grapes make excellent "ice cubes".

Now I'm thirsty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards