Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

* LVB *

Sorry, I went and made it... then ate it and watched Jeopardy so here it is:

For the potatoes:

- First off, preheat the oven to 375F and grab a bunch of fingerling potatoes, cut them lengthwise, rinse them and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and a pinch of paprika.
 - Put them into a dark nonstick pan (spray it first) and chuck 'em in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour (give them a stir every now and then).

For the chops:
 - Sift together a cup of flour and about two tablespoons each salt, pepper, paprika, garlic salt. Add a bit of cayenne pepper (to taste, depending on how spicy you want them - I use about 3/4tsp I think... I don't measure)
 - Dredge the chops in the flour mixture and throw them into a skillet with a bit of olive oil and a knob of butter, browning on both sides.
 - Remove the chops once browned and set them aside.
 - Into the remaining fat/oil.butter, toss in half an onion, finely sliced and stir until softened and slightly caramelized (if you need to add more oil, you can add it now)
 - Into the fat/oil/butter/onion mixture in your skillet, sprinkle some of your seasoned flour (maybe 3 to 4 tablespoons) and stir to combine the wet & dry ingredients.
 - Pour in approximately 1.5C chicken stock and bring to a simmer, stirring often.
- Once flour and stock mixture thickens, pour in about a quarter cup of buttermilk (you can use half and half as well).
 - Mix again and toss the chops back into the pan with the thickened jus and onions, coat the chops and cook to desired doneness.

- Served with fingerling potatoes and pan jus and whatever veg or salad you feel like :)

Re: * LVB *

• Options
    Holy Nom! That will be a dinner this weekend, thanks so much!
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    lvb, are you still planning on moving?  Is the move out of the state or just out of the city?  Haven't seen you talk much about it lately.
  • Options
    Yup, we're still moving! Not much to talk about unless every wants to hear about how terrified I am. :/ We're moving to Huntsville right after we get back from the honeymoon, assuming FFIL remains....alive?
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    wow, that will definitely be a transition.  Keeping FFIL in my thoughts.
  • Options
    Yup. We don't know a single person down there, I don't have a guarentee job and it will be the first time we've ever lived together. Thanks, I hope he continues to do well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards