Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Who Gets A Plus One?

My fiance and I are working on getting a rough guest list put together so we know the numbers we are going to be working with, but I am not sure who I should be extending the plus one to.

I have cousins who are in college and are not currently dating anyone - do I extend the option of bringing someone? 

Re: Who Gets A Plus One?

• Options
    emv657emv657 member
    First Comment
    What do you do if your guest's boyfriend wants to bring a friend but the boyfriend can't come, and they want to bring a friend (who you have not met) instead?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_gets-plus-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c5732a63-9c96-4ccb-b0e6-daacfc51969aPost:b4cb534b-640c-4c7c-bec8-243f1e65c2cb">Re: Who Gets A Plus One?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What do you do if your guest's boyfriend wants to bring a friend but the boyfriend can't come, and they want to bring a friend (who you have not met) instead?
    Posted by emv657[/QUOTE]

<div>What?</div><div>
    </div><div>OP - For preliminary planning I would figure that everyone will have a plus one.  Unless you are planning a wedding in less than 2 months things change, and people who are single now may very well be dating someone by the time your invites go out and will need to invited with a couple.  Additionally some people who are currently seriously involved may break up.  But for budget purposes this far out, assume everyone will need a "plus one" to make sure you're covered.  When it comes time to send invites you can decide who actually needs one based on whatever criteria you are using.</div>
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_gets-plus-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c5732a63-9c96-4ccb-b0e6-daacfc51969aPost:b4cb534b-640c-4c7c-bec8-243f1e65c2cb">Re: Who Gets A Plus One?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What do you do if your guest's boyfriend wants to bring a friend but the boyfriend can't come, and they want to bring a friend (who you have not met) instead?
    Posted by emv657[/QUOTE]

First of all could you not resurrect dead threads (this isn't the TK rapture here) from January?

I think what you're trying to ask here is what do you do if you invite someone with their BF, the boyfriend can't come, and they want to bring a friend instead? Am I right?

If so, if the invitation was specifically to the friend and BF and not "and guest" then you can certainly explain to them that the invite was for the two of them and you cannot accommodate anyone else. However, since you were already budgeting for the BF is it really that big of a deal to allow the friend to bring a friend? Even if you don't know them?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards