North Carolina

C25K Ladies

So, I have to admit that I haven't been keeping up with the program.  This past week I did fairly well and I was supposed to finish up on Saturday.  Well, I went to the gym and I was feeling pretty good, so after the warm up I just decided to run as long as I could.  Well...I ran...an ENTIRE 5k!!! I was so excited.  Ok, in reality, I was exhausted, red-faced and sweaty...but I was super happy that I didn't give up.  Also, granted, I don't know the speeds everyone is running, but I ran it around 5.1-5.2mph (no concept if that is a decent speed or not). Oh..and..definitely paying for it a little today -- sore and achy but I guess in a good way :) Anyway, how is everyone else doing??  Is anyone running outside yet or are you running on treadmills? Can you believe we will actually be doing this in 6 weeks??

Re: C25K Ladies

• edited December 2011
    Yay!!!! Way to go!!!! That is awesome!!! I have been sucking a$$ at keeping up with the program and with Weight Watchers. I vow to get it together this week so I can actually run. 5.1 sounds perfecto for me!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah...I was going to WW for a while but I haven't weighed in in forever.  I track points sporadically.  I need to get back with the program ASAP!!  I had my first fitting on Friday and I just didn't love how I was looking in my dress.  So that gives me a little extra motivation for the next few months :)
  • edited December 2011
    Yea ditto, you would think with bpics and the wedding coming up SO soon I would crack down, but instead I am falling apart. Ugh, tomorrow is a new day!
  • birdcagebridebirdcagebride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been off the bandwagon for the second week in a row...it's so hard to get back on!!! I've had a lot going on that is just sinking me further down in a small rut but hopefully I'll come out of it!!! I'm doing the Heart Walk in a couple of weeks (just walking 2 miles) so it will feel good to get out there before our 5K. Just a question...are we running together or going at our own pace for the 5K...I think I'm much slower than you guys...running at 5.0 is like a HUGE task for me...I won't mind if you guys run ahead...I may have to tackle this beast by myself! lol ;) But I wasn't sure if you guys were going to walk/run and stay together.
    My Blog - My Bio - NC Bride Bio - Pro Video

Photo by Evoke Photography
    image imageimageimageimageimage
  • birdcagebridebirdcagebride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh yeah...T-shirts??? Let's get the ball rolling!! :D
    My Blog - My Bio - NC Bride Bio - Pro Video

Photo by Evoke Photography
    image imageimageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't been running for a couple weeks :(  My research is in full swing meaning I am at the farm wrestling pigs M-F so when I get home all I want to do is shower and sit on the couch.  Plus classes.  I'm thinking I'll pick it back up in October when I'll only have to be there MWF.  I did 1 day of it (was going to repeat week 2) after taking 2 weeks off and found that I could still do it and was actually not super worn out by the end.  So maybe I can just pick back up where I stopped when I do start back instead of starting over.Good job to those of you sticking with it!
  • edited December 2011
    On a side note... OMG look at my ticker!!!  Lol, I was shocked!
  • smlinebesmlinebe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well....while I am going to do the 5k with you guys, I haven't been using the C25K program just because I'm not a beginning runner.  I am, however, out of shape and nowhere near running the 6 miles I used to.  I'm good with about 2 miles right now...I don't measure in MPH, but I'm fairly slow (10 minute miles, maybe a little less??).  I am running outside, no treadmill for me.  I'd like to stick with at least one person during the event...even if it means stopping to take walk breaks, that's fine :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards