Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Boyfriends allowed? Please HELP!

2»

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Boyfriends allowed? Please HELP!

• Options
    I was in a wedding last year and the bride did what you are thinking of doing.  I live eight hours away and was going to bring my boyfriend of 8 months as a date to her wedding.  When I mentioned the rehearsal dinner, she called me back and said that the RD was for family and WP only.  I was appalled. Here I am, driving eight hours (taking off school and work for 4 days) to be there for her and my boyfriend has to stay with my parents the whole time? It was very awakward for me. I ended up just not bringing him with me at all.

So, yes, it is very rude not to invite her boyfriend. They will be together for 6 months by the time your wedding rolls around.  That's pretty serious IMO.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_rehearsal-dinner-boyfriends-allowed-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c6c33dd9-8c2b-49fc-8730-363c36361d60Post:d244beb3-d263-4cff-9637-3adf41aebf07">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Boyfriends allowed? Please HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was in a wedding last year and the bride did what you are thinking of doing.  I live eight hours away and was going to bring my boyfriend of 8 months as a date to her wedding.  When I mentioned the rehearsal dinner, she called me back and said that the RD was for family and WP only.  I was appalled. Here I am, driving eight hours (taking off school and work for 4 days) to be there for her and my boyfriend has to stay with my parents the whole time? It was very awakward for me. I ended up just not bringing him with me at all. So, yes, it is very rude not to invite her boyfriend. They will be together for 6 months by the time your wedding rolls around.  That's pretty serious IMO.
    Posted by Tpilch1[/QUOTE]

Something very simmilar happened to me and another BM at a wedding we were in. Fiance(boyfriend at the time) and I drove 9 hours, BM and her SO drove 3. We get there and find out our SO's of several years can not be at the rehersal dinner! They had to fend for themselves in a new town. They knew no one except the bridal party. None of us were happy to say the least.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Well, I'm glad your FMIL is letting her boyfriend come.

But, since you asked, I do think that this sentence, "Also we wanted it to be a more intimate thing and we fill it would not be focused on us getting married but focused on the other peope's  significant others (spouses excluded)" makes you sound like a total bridezilla. (not to mention that the word "fill" is WAY off of what it should be)

I also agree with the other girls that planning an RD 5 months in advance is crazy.

As a side note, I don't understand why in a lot of cases there are a ton of people invited to the RD's. The whole point of the rehearsal is to practice the ceremony so things run smoothly. So, why are people who aren't in the ceremony invited? (not talking about the SO's of the WP, but other family members and friends who have nothing to do with the actual ceremony except to be guests) I guess it's just one of those things that I don't "get".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards