Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Tell me something awesome...

... about yourself. I can't think of any "regs" around here who I'm not a little bit in love with (in a totally platonic way! ... mostly). Can you see what I see when I talk to you? I feel like women spend a lot of time looking at their faults for some reason, so get out the microscope and the feel-good pants and tell me what you think makes you awesome.

Me:

I'm fucking hilarious. Just ask mandy.

I'm really smart.

I'm kind to strangers.

I have a bleeding heart for animals.

I'm going to be an awesome mom.

I have gorgeous eyes/eyelashes.

I'm really honest (not everyone sees this as a good thing all the time).

Re: Tell me something awesome...

• Options
    I like this idea!

I'm smart.
    I'm loyal and a good friend.
    I don't do bullshit - this is probably good and bad depending on your perspective, but I think it's a good thing.
    I'm a good athlete, and I'm really proud of myself for that considering as a kid I was a chub who couldn't run a mile.
    I'm funny, not in a telling jokes way but in a having the perfect one-liner response way. Not online really, but in person yes.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I totally agree that women are too hard on themselves, Manda. I am not saying all of them, but quite a few of the ones I know.

-I love kids and can't wait to become a certified teacher someday....soon.
    -I try to be a good Christian and do the right thing always even though it is hard sometimes
    -My H means the world to me
    -I am not a kiss ass or a two faced person. I can't stand that sh!t.
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2011
    I'm a strong and independent woman

I've been working in a man's business all my life and haven't become a "broad"

I have awesome green eyes (my best feature)

I can wear my daughter's clothes and sometimes they're too big ;)

I'm at the end of a 6 year physical disability and I haven't gone BSC yet. (I think)

umm

ETA: I'm a great mom
  • Options
    alixzafirisalixzafiris member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2011
    I have blonde eyelashes. Thus, I hate you ;)

- I can be funny (mostly unintentionally but you know... occasionally it happens).
    - I'm loyal like a damn pitbull. It can be scary.
    - I can practically run hurdles in five inch stilettos. I think that's awesome, at least.
    - I have zero patience for stupid. Again, I think that's awesome... I'm sure other people think it's bitchy ;)
    - I have a knack for discovering new music.
    - I'm a whiz with linguistics. Like... a whiz.
    - I have the only set of brown eyes and left-handedness in my whole family.
  • Options
    Manda, I like this idea too.

I'm a damn good cook. Even though FI wasn't very into my cooking style at first, he loves everything I make now.

I'm pretty smart, partially because I have a really good memory. I can remember all kinds of random facts. I think this makes me a good friend too, I can usually remember what's going on in other people's lives.

I know myself and I am pretty confident about my stregnths and aware of my weaknesses.
  • Options
    I will give my friends and loved ones everything I have to make them happy.
    I have pretty nice legs.
    I have learned to love my hair color.
    I am very patient.
    I can be pretty quick with one-liners sometimes.
  • Options
    I'm smart and ambitious
    I'm independent
    I haz pretty blue eyes
    I'm great with kids
    I'm very protective of those I care about
    I'm silly (I consider this a good thing, and luckily for me, H does too!) and therefore, fun to be around
  • Options
    opalsky007opalsky007 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2011
    I'm smart.
    I'm empathetic, almost to a fault.
    I can reach the things on the top shelf that you can't.
    I'm creative.
    I'm a good listener.
    I'm a good teacher.
    I can bake you just about anything you want, and it'll be effing fantastic.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tell-something-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c9f602a8-522b-45b6-9ec2-afbee3a2ef7cPost:8a0615c2-6f07-4152-b29c-600a98692722">Re: Tell me something awesome...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm smart. I'm empathetic, almost to a fault<strong>. I can reach the things on the top shelf that you can't. </strong>I'm creative. I'm a good listener. I'm a good teacher.
    Posted by opalsky007[/QUOTE]

I can rarely reach the bottom shelf even. *sigh*
  • Options
    I'm really smart.
    I have really nice (blue) eyes, and I'm the only one in my family with them.
    I have good abs.
    I am really motivated.
    I am a good sister.
  • Options
    I try to be nice.  Don't always succeed, but I do try.
    I try to be polite.  Different from trying to nice. 
    I'm smart.
    I'm caring
    I try to be my true self, and not be someone else just so people will like me.
    I don't easily take offense to things, especially things not meant to offend me.
    I'm a fighter pilot.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    I can cook. Pretty well.
    I maintain really good relationships with my family.
    I care about my job and try really hard to do well at it.
    I have four happy, healthy, well cared for animals.
    My hair is really pretty.
    My teeth are perfectly straight.

Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    I'm compassionate.  I can't stand to see anyone or anything hurting or miserable.
    I can be funny.
    I have a really cute nose.
    I'm very independent.
    I'm very well-versed in English history and Civil War history.
    I think writing term papers are fun.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I always try to see the bright side of life.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tell-something-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c9f602a8-522b-45b6-9ec2-afbee3a2ef7cPost:cc9ac35c-f52e-4aab-b0c4-9afe41c0a566">Re: Tell me something awesome...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I try to be nice.  Don't always succeed, but I do try. I try to be polite.  Different from trying to nice.  I'm smart. I'm caring I try to be my true self, and not be someone else just so people will like me. I don't easily take offense to things, especially things not meant to offend me.<strong> I'm a fighter pilot.</strong>
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry what? I'mma need deets. Can I call ya Goose?
  • Options
    I'm not a reg but I'll play along anyway, I could use a pick me up after today.

-I'm an awesome chef even though I'm switching careers here shortly
    -I'm really laid back about things and easy to get along with
    -I'm really thoughtful when it comes to doing nice things for people
    -I always feel like the life of the party and I really think people enjoy being around me
  • Options
    -I am really smart.
    -I am a great friend.  All of my friends know they can talk to me and depend on me.
    -I am genuinely happy for people and their accomplishments.
    -I will stop what I am doing to help a stranger in need.
    -I can laugh at myself.
  • Options
    I'm so glad people are participating in this! I wasn't sure people wouldn't be like "take your puppies and rainbows and go play in a different sandbox". I'm on my way home right now, but I'm checking back later!!
  • Options
    I also have naturally jet black hair.
  • Options
    i am a good friend
    my laugh is contagious and sometimes obnoxious.  in a good way.
    i laugh a lot.
    i'm funny.
    i have really nice dark brown eyes.
    my birthday is in may.  and may birthdays are the best.
    i'm very mature for my age.  always have been. 
    my husband is hot.
    i pick animals very well. 
    i have a bleeding heart.
    i'm a good cook.
    i can whip things up and substitute things no problemo.  i break the rules.  and things always turn out.  'cept baking.  that's a coin toss.
    i pick good friends

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Goddammit Manda!

Take your puppies and rainbows and get thee outta this here sandbox. NAO!
  • Options
    I'm a total geek, and I'm totally okay with that fact.
    I'm really good at teaching myself things, which hopefully will make my job realize I'm valuable to them.
    I'm a great writer.
    I'm in the best shape I've probably ever been in.
  • Options
    I'm tall.
    I'm pretty good at making folks laugh.
    I make a mean oatmeal raisin cookie.
    I have pretty great hair sometimes.
    I'm insanely good at driving with my knees.
    I have a great voice.
    I can always make people smile when they're having a bad day.

And I'm awesome. Did I forget that?

• Options
    I have damn fine legs.
    I have incredible friends.
    I know the words to almost any song and sing a song when something prompts me to do so.
    I have nice, shiny hair that doesn't require conditioner.
    I have shoulders that were made for strapless dresses, and really tiny hips.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tell-something-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c9f602a8-522b-45b6-9ec2-afbee3a2ef7cPost:ae471af6-8109-43c5-a575-d27499e78f17">Re: Tell me something awesome...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me something awesome... : I'm sorry what? I'mma need deets. Can I call ya Goose?
    Posted by alixzafiris[/QUOTE]

I'm in the Air Force, and I fly F-15s.  And no, the guys don't look like Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer:-)  Most of them are actually kinda nerdy, in a good way.  But they are really nice, and awesome to work with, like brothers to me.  I love my job because it always challenges me and keeps me humble.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    I am a people-pleaser.
    I like everyone around me to be happy, even though it isn't always possible.
    I am a good baker and cook. Except rising rolls. I suck at those. But I'm working on it.
    I am responsible.
    I have pretty green eyes. My eyelashes are sort of thin, but they are striking against the green when I wear mascara.
    I have very few wrinkles, mostly just a couple of laugh lines around my eyes. And I love those.
    I love my family.
    I have great hands. Palms are regular size, but I have extra-long fingers.
    I like that I'm a blend of characteristics/features of both sides of my family.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    That's pretty (really) neat.

I'm still gonna call ya Goose,  he's my favourite Tongue out
  • Options
    I'm pretty hilarious IRL.
    I've confident and independent.
    Animals are my passion, especially dogs.
    I am dedicated to my work, and am one of only 2 people in SwLa that does it.
    I generally have a very positive attitude.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tell-something-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c9f602a8-522b-45b6-9ec2-afbee3a2ef7cPost:1bc07b6b-ca46-4967-a3a4-cc199ebd4d7c">Re: Tell me something awesome...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so glad people are participating in this! I wasn't sure people wouldn't be like "take your puppies and rainbows and go play in a different sandbox". I'm on my way home right now, but I'm checking back later!!
    Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

I like puppies and rainbows.  And killing terrorists.  And kittens.  And ice cream:-)
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tell-something-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c9f602a8-522b-45b6-9ec2-afbee3a2ef7cPost:30b87615-2f5f-4685-bef1-2d85153748bf">Re: Tell me something awesome...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me something awesome... : I like puppies and rainbows.  And killing terrorists.  And kittens.  And ice cream:-)
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]

<em>:sings:</em>

One of these things is not like the others...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards