Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Things I do not get

Re: Things I do not get

• Options
    I want to be the orange sour patch kid! Please & thank you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb473b6d-0f6f-4493-81f3-4a9d6b84855fPost:69932bfe-e58b-4fad-92e4-6f0201e104de">Re: Things I do not get</a>:
    [QUOTE]A DELICIOUS kick in the balls, Megan.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div><div>
    </div><div>And some of the E regs are just delicious, while others are a delicious kick in the balls.  So still apt.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb473b6d-0f6f-4493-81f3-4a9d6b84855fPost:11ce2b0a-425a-4355-9d79-7342ea2e4465">Re: Things I do not get</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would like to be the red sour patch kid. I also love the Sour Patch sour watermelons.  MMMMMMMM.  They are pink and green, maybe I'd rather be one of them.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>OHHHH, those are the BEST.</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks random poster on another thread for making me crave sour patch goodies...</div>
  • Options
    Well my thought process was more that you walk through spit, you walk in your house then your kid crawls on the floor or maybe you put your purse on the floor....

Maybe that is irrational. Probably.

It is still gross.

Much like you are unlikely to catch something from (ugh) shower snot rockets because the hot water and soap in the shower, you don't lick the shower floor, etc, but that doesn't make it not disgusting.
  • Options
    MattsPenguinMattsPenguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Who the eff spits on the floor of their house!?!

The only time I spit NOT into a trash can, is when I'm running, and I spit towards the grass.

ETA:  Chrissy apparently has better reading comprehension than I do.  And yes, you track in all sorts of things on your shoes.  So either take them off or clean your floors more.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb473b6d-0f6f-4493-81f3-4a9d6b84855fPost:63759196-47a6-4ca3-b87a-0dc07871085d">Re: Things I do not get</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well my thought process was more that you walk through spit, you walk in your house then your kid crawls on the floor or maybe you put your purse on the floor.... Maybe that is irrational. Probably. It is still gross. Much like you are unlikely to catch something from (ugh) shower snot rockets because the hot water and soap in the shower, you don't lick the shower floor, etc, but that doesn't make it not disgusting.
    Posted by harpsdesire[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't really care if it is actually germy or not, it's still nasty.  I'm completely with you.</div>
  • Options
    Alright. I'm orange and Chrissy is red. Pick your colors before all the good ones are taken.
  • Options
    If green isn't taken, I'll take it.  I like red and green the best.  I'll also take yellow if it's the only available color.
  • Options
    Wait, only one person can be each color?  That doesn't seem right...
  • Options
    Maybe we'll choose to be on a team.  Kind of like the houses at Hogwarts.
  • Options
    harpsdesireharpsdesire member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb473b6d-0f6f-4493-81f3-4a9d6b84855fPost:1754edc5-7f2a-4678-8b56-ca86abf11c21">Re: Things I do not get</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ever thought about have a shoe free house, Harp?
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

I do have one, but I don't make guests take theirs off.  I tell them they can if they find it more comfortable.  Most of them do.  I feel it's rude to force people to take off any article of clothing, lol.

But again, it's more about the ugh factor as sumdood spits a foot from your shoes as you walk past than the actual germ concerns.
  • Options
    MyUserName1MyUserName1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb473b6d-0f6f-4493-81f3-4a9d6b84855fPost:a98f36c1-4771-40c1-95c6-33250351638e">Re: Things I do not get</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe we'll choose to be on a team.  Kind of like the houses at Hogwarts.
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

<div>I think that's a great plan.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: Sour patch straws are also delicious.  I do not know of the belts of which you speak, but now I want some.</div>
  • Options
    We'll do teams then. I've never heard of sour belts. They sound good though.
  • Options
    Man I wanted to be team green, but now that we've compared it HP green makes me think of Slytherin.  I ain't no Slytherin!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Hmmm . . .go with red or green . . . red or green . . . .

I think green!!!!

ETA: Adamar, I don't want to be Slytherin either.  This is sour patch though.  I think that green just shows that you like to be refreshing and have some zest in your life!  We're not just boring ol' red!
  • Options
    "when I finish a regular sized bag of Sour Patch Kids, my eyes gleam red and I'm like: "WHY HAS THIS BAG EMPTIED!! SOMEONE GIVE ME FIVE MORE BAGS OR EVERYONE'S DEAD!!!". "

From Mindy Kaling's super old blog.

I think of this every time I eat sour candies.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb473b6d-0f6f-4493-81f3-4a9d6b84855fPost:ba5b302a-d6a7-4e30-b252-802fac504a24">Re: Things I do not get</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love Mindy Kaling.  I was about to buy her book the other day, but then I remembered I didn't have a lot of money.  Maybe later. 
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

<div>I did the exact same thing.  I think i'm going to request it from the library.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb473b6d-0f6f-4493-81f3-4a9d6b84855fPost:ce0ba293-4b2b-40ef-ac84-ca91f63b1681">Re: Things I do not get</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to say that Sour Patch Extreme's are the best. Love those things.  I also appear to be the only one that likes the yellow regular SPKs, I guess I'll keep those all to myself. Also, I'm now tempted to go to the store and buy a big bucket thing of sour gummy worms. WHY ARE YOU TEMPTING ME.
    Posted by Beaniebeach[/QUOTE]

<div>I like all of the flavors, so please to save some yellows for me (:</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb473b6d-0f6f-4493-81f3-4a9d6b84855fPost:a8a83082-30e7-4301-9725-bc7a8ae00d81">Re: Things I do not get</a>:
    [QUOTE]Only for you, because we almost went to school together.
    Posted by Beaniebeach[/QUOTE]

<div>YES!  I knew this degree would be useful for SOMETHING</div>
  • Options
    Wait what I want to be on team green
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb473b6d-0f6f-4493-81f3-4a9d6b84855fPost:63759196-47a6-4ca3-b87a-0dc07871085d">Re: Things I do not get</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well my thought process was more that you walk through spit, you walk in your house then your kid crawls on the floor or maybe you put your purse on the floor.... Maybe that is irrational. Probably. It is still gross. Much like you are unlikely to catch something from (ugh) shower snot rockets because the hot water and soap in the shower, you don't lick the shower floor, etc, but that doesn't make it not disgusting.
    Posted by harpsdesire[/QUOTE]
    I don't get germaphobes. If you didn't slather yourself in antibacterial stuff (which actually makes germy matter stick to you better), you might have an immune system and no have to worry about such things. <div>
    </div><div> My little sister is one. She takes meds for her OCD. <div>
    </div><div>At Christmas, she offered to pop a zit on my face for me (GROSS) but was freaked out because her roommate borrowed her bar of soap. Soap that dissolves and sloughs off every time it hits water. I don't get it. </div></div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I don't know about hogwarts. I really should have read HP.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb473b6d-0f6f-4493-81f3-4a9d6b84855fPost:635efdc0-d612-4521-bbf7-2d094b35b470">Re: Things I do not get</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know about hogwarts. I really should have read HP.
    Posted by eorea[/QUOTE]

Yes.  Yes you should.
  • Options
    I feel like it is. Maybe one day I'll finally read it.
  • Options
    I like re-reading HP even now I don't really enjoy the movies so I stopped going to them.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb473b6d-0f6f-4493-81f3-4a9d6b84855fPost:7c460984-e092-43f7-a952-c9fe457df85d">Re: Things I do not get</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things I do not get : I don't get germaphobes. If you didn't slather yourself in antibacterial stuff (which actually makes germy matter stick to you better), you might have an immune system and no have to worry about such things.   My little sister is one. She takes meds for her OCD.  At Christmas, she offered to pop a zit on my face for me (GROSS) but was freaked out because her roommate borrowed her bar of soap. Soap that dissolves and sloughs off every time it hits water. I don't get it. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

Actually, I don't get why I'm somewhat of a germaphobe either.  I have a better than average immune system (as judged by the fact I only took 2 sick days last year).  It might come from growing up with an immune-compromised little sister where we were constantly in fear about her health and she would get sick repeatedly dispite all precautions... Or it could be I'm just weird.

That said, I would never offer to pop another persons zit, and I would have no problem using a bar of soap someone else had used.  I also take public transportation every day, which is germ city.  It grosses me out a bit if I think about it but it doesn't <em>distress</em> me, persay, so mine is probably not a true phobia.

ALSO:  Team Orange Sour Patch!
  • Options
    I remember that, Meg. Okay. I'll read HP but someone has to keep on me about it or I'll forget. Or cheat and watch the movies. :|
  • Options
    Beanie, mine does not have my major either.  lazy jerkfaces.

And Chrissy, you just made me feel really, really old.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb473b6d-0f6f-4493-81f3-4a9d6b84855fPost:3fd4fbb4-e224-48dd-8bfd-ef1bbaa78a56">Re: Things I do not get</a>:
    [QUOTE]HP is fab.  I first read them in like 4th or 5th grade.  Right before the 4th book was coming out.  I finished the first 3 before the 4th came out.  I have done the midnight release parties for every book since then. They are very well written.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

Gawsh you're a youngin'!!

I started reading them my junior year of college.  The 5th came out the summer after my junior year.  My roommate and I shared the book and kept track of our place on the white board in our apartment.

It was a great summer!! 

(We also took thermodynamics that summer, and a kid at the front of the class had a British accent.  We kept mumbling to him "SAY SPELLS!! SAY SPELLS!!  Wingardium-leviosa!"
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb473b6d-0f6f-4493-81f3-4a9d6b84855fPost:5c8baf33-cb24-4d02-bacf-6a273bf285d9">Re: Things I do not get</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am 24.  I'll be 25 this year.  So I may have been in middle school for the release of 4, but I don't really remember.  But I know that I am young.  Don't want to make you feel old though.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

<div>Its okay.  I was married when book 5 came out.  But I'm actually not that much older than you, so I feel better now (:</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards