Wedding Etiquette Forum

What style of jeans do you prefer?

I'm curious because there are certainly styles that I can NOT pull off (i.e. skinny - thank you pear-shaped body!) and ones that I love and feel great in (i.e. straight.)

Re: What style of jeans do you prefer?

• Super skinny Jeans

Or flare with my cowboy boots that I don't have yet and may never get.

• I voted straight, as that's what most of my jeans are.  I have some that flare a little, and I have some boyfriend, but straight is probably 80%.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Ang - I really want a pair of cowboy boots! It was on my list of things to get while I was in TN, but I never got them. I refuse to buy a pair in CT though - I'll get them when I return to Nashville one day. :) I could never in a million years pull off super skinny jeans!
  • Bootcut. I have ginormous feet, and they look a lot less awkward when they have a bootcut over them.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • I generally feel more comfortable in a wider leg pant, but I dont like wideleg all the way down (husband says it makes me look retarded apparently), so I usually wear flare. I have some bootcut but I dont like them as much.
  • I'm a bootcut girl to balance out my thighs (I'm your pear shaped sister).
  • I want a pair too but not the cheap ones. I want a pair that will last. !
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_style-of-jeans-wear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cbb7064e-1107-4f8d-b2a2-5ef5f5848c53Post:26c08a7c-8331-48a2-8baf-c283641980e2">Re: What style of jeans do you prefer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I generally feel more comfortable in a wider leg pant, but I dont like wideleg all the way down (husband says it makes me look retarded apparently), so I usually wear flare. I have some bootcut but I dont like them as much.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Sorry Nebb but that made me laugh!
  • I really want a pair of skinny jeans but I've yet to get any.
  • I used to live in some massive flare levis my early 20's. I wore them to death. The only thing that stopped me wearing them was the fact that I could no longer fit them- otherwise I'd probably still be wearing the things! ;P 

That said, I voted bootcut, as I've never found a good pair of flares since, and all of my favourite pairs of jeans are bootcut now.

• Right now, I'm loving the skinny jeans.
  • I have a pair of flare jeans from Hollister that I have worn to death, Sun. I've had them for 6 years and still refuse to get rid of them!
  • I voted bootcut b/c that's what I wear most often, but I'm also loving my skinny jeans now! They look so cute with tall black boots over them, or with Uggs.  Yeah, I know some people here hate Uggs!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_style-of-jeans-wear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cbb7064e-1107-4f8d-b2a2-5ef5f5848c53Post:815c6609-f934-4590-87d1-002be34511d4">Re: What style of jeans do you prefer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a pair of flare jeans from Hollister that I have worn to death, Sun. I've had them for 6 years and still refuse to get rid of them!
    <p>Posted by ggmae[/QUOTE]</p><p>I would still be wearing them to this day if I weren't forced to part with them, I'm quite sure! </p>
  • Bootcut all the way. I think they make me look taller since they aren't bunching when the hit my shoes like straight legs do.

As for skinny jeans..I have a pair and went through a phase where I wore them ALL the time. Not I only wear them tucked into boots or with heels. Apparently guys think skinny jeans with heels is super hot.
    Oh no we dropped the groom!! imagePlanning Bio UPDATED
  • bootcut only. the rest are fug.
  • Gretch - NO ONE looks good in skinny jeans.

Okay, maybe like 1% of the population can actually pull them off, but too many people wear them. 

I had HS kids who still had nice pre-college metabolisms and eating habits who wore them, and they looked bad.  I knew that they would regret looking at pics in the future, just as I regret the 90s.  All of it.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • another pear shape here. I love bootcuts and widelegs. I have a couple pairs of straight-leg jeans but that's as skinny as I'll go. I can tuck those into boots.

I really really really fvcking hate skinny jeans and wish that trend would die in a fire. I think the jeans don't flatter the people they were designed for (the size 0s like my sisters) and they look like shiit with flats and heels. the only time skinnies look good are tucked into boots, and you can get the same effect with the straight leg jeans that are more flattering to every one and more classic.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Ugh, this post inspired me to go back through some old photos to look for a picture of the jeans, and my gosh, I used to wear the most hideous things!
  • ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    Sun - I am guilty of wearing hideous things too. I remember being SO excited to get my first pair of jeans in 6th grade. They had embroidered flowers up the side and I thought they were so cute at the time.

Sucrets - I saw a student wearing a pair of skinny jeans the other day and oh my goodness. She is very hippy and they did not look good on her at all. We also have a male student who wears neon-colored skinny jeans, and yeah. That speaks for itself.
  • if you have a Y chromosome, you should NEVER wear skinny jeans. another reason this trend needs to diaf.

• Koopa17Koopa17 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    Meh, not all skinny jeans are created equally.  Express skinnies are like...tights and they look goofy to me.  American Eagle's skinnies are cute and not too tight.  I'm not brave enough to wear them without boots over them, but I don't think they're unflattering on the right body type.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_style-of-jeans-wear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cbb7064e-1107-4f8d-b2a2-5ef5f5848c53Post:f452ede3-1493-44a0-92cf-f8c2edc61b8e">Re: What style of jeans do you prefer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sun - I am guilty of wearing hideous things too. I remember being SO excited to get my first pair of jeans in 6th grade. They had embroidered flowers up the side and I thought they were so cute at the time. Sucrets - I saw a student wearing a pair of skinny jeans the other day and oh my goodness. She is very hippy and they did not look good on her at all. We also have a male student who wears neon-colored skinny jeans, and yeah. That speaks for itself.
    Posted by ggmae[/QUOTE]
    <p> </p><p>In my limited experience in the states, your fashion trends seem more moderate than ours here. If we were to go out to the shopping centre right now, I could bet I'd find you at least a dozen boys wearing coloured skinny leg jeans- and then a lot more emo boys in their black jeans that are so tight you wonder if they'll ever be able to reproduce.</p><p>and hahaha, you remind me that when I was in primary school, I too had a pair of jeans with some sort of floral embroidery up the side of one leg! I committed far worse fashion errors as a child, though- hello matching leggings and jumpers! I blame my mother! </p>
  • I hate skinny jeans almost as much as I hate it when people wear leggings as pants.
  • I like skinny jeans and bootcut.  Bootcut with heels are the most flattering on me though, and I like skinny jeans with flats.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    Sun - When I was in Australia (Melbourne specifically) I noticed that some styles were a bit more...wild? than here in the US. I felt so out of place in my jeans and plain-Jane tank tops! All of the girls were well accessorized and had cute shoes, too. I also noticed all of the really bright colors. My cousin is one of those emo kids, lol.
  • Oh man, I had so many pairs of embroidered-leg jeans when I was a tween, even a pair with a strip of hundred dollar bills going up the side. I may also have had two pairs of bellbottoms with 30" leg openings, but I am going to attribute that to the sad period when I dressed like a hippie a lot of the time.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • I don't think you can go through childhood without a pair of embroidered leg jeans. FI and I just took his niece shopping as a birthday gift for her. we went to Justice, this clothing store specifically for little girls (where were these stores when we were kids? we shopped at Walmart and JCPenney). and even so, she picked up a pair of jeans that had embroidery up the leg.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_style-of-jeans-wear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cbb7064e-1107-4f8d-b2a2-5ef5f5848c53Post:b0f758de-8c0c-4b7d-8e4f-bbc44b4a321f">Re: What style of jeans do you prefer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sun - When I was in Australia (Melbourne specifically) I noticed that some styles were a bit more...wild? than here in the US. I felt so out of place in my jeans and plain-Jane tank tops! All of the girls were well accessorized and had cute shoes, too. I also noticed all of the really bright colors. My cousin is one of those emo kids, lol.
    Posted by ggmae[/QUOTE]
    <p>I must admit, I was sort of.. underwhelmed, when I went shopping in the states. It seemed like jeans and t-shirts constitute the majority of clothing choices. My wardrobe is full of fun dresses and various tops and a couple of pairs of jeans. I only own one t-shirt that isn't part of my PJ collection, and I have never worn it, so the t-shirt part of shopping in the states was far from appealing for me! I think we have a lot more Asian influence on our clothing here than you do in the states, thus a lot of more 'out there' styles. </p><p>Melbourne is a great city for clothing, though. Because of the cool weather, they can wear a lot of gorgeous things that we just don't get use out of up here in Brisbane. Brisbane is far less 'out there' than Melbourne- I love the style that Melbournites have!</p>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_style-of-jeans-wear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cbb7064e-1107-4f8d-b2a2-5ef5f5848c53Post:e6bb0783-2eb0-41fa-b094-f23a49fbcd1c">Re: What style of jeans do you prefer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man, I had so many pairs of embroidered-leg jeans when I was a tween, even a pair with a strip of hundred dollar bills going up the side
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

That is just amazing.  That may even be better than my Cross Color jeans with the African flag up the leg.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards