Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

You guys are going to drive me to...

2»

Re: You guys are going to drive me to...

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_guys-doing-drive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d0745e19-0b1f-41a1-8480-1a27a9302a5dPost:d7fba2c0-72b0-4b24-b46a-fda9bc35d9ac">Re: You guys are going to drive me to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You guys are going to drive me to... : No, in humans it isn't lobster hand syndrome, it's the same thing as the cat - just an extra digit but the hand itself is completely normal.  Lil Stack had this on both hands and after surgery you can't tell at all except for a little circle scar on each hand. 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

Ah, I just Googled.  The lobster hand thing is ectrodactyly.  In case anyone cared.

My cousin was born with webbed fingers.  When he was little you could see the scars, but not anymore.  Of course, if they'd just let it be maybe he'd be winning gold medals instead of Michael Phelps.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_guys-doing-drive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d0745e19-0b1f-41a1-8480-1a27a9302a5dPost:656b0655-b314-4fd6-8536-7141e6e07ec7">Re: You guys are going to drive me to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]The error messages suck.  Even if they weren't prevalent, though, I still wouldn't be around.  One of our 2 accountants decided yesterday he doens't want to work for us anymore, so he put in his resignation yesterday.  He'll be here until the end of this year, but he's refusing to do any work. He totally screwed us over.... asshole.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

That is totaly bs.  Why stay if you're just going to do nothing?  Ugh.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_guys-doing-drive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d0745e19-0b1f-41a1-8480-1a27a9302a5dPost:b12a6c58-aa64-4ca4-946b-9e5458908742">Re: You guys are going to drive me to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You guys are going to drive me to... : Oh that's good, so then it won't mess up your plans then right?  Hopefully it doesn't get too hectic
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

Based on the email that just came out it *seems* ok.  My company is MASSIVE in terms of numbers of people (top 5 or 10 in the world, I think).  There are 7 divisions, and our division CEO is super cool.  But, it looks like he just got demoted, as he doesn't report to the big CEO anymore, and the chick he does report to is supposedly not cool at all.  Remains to be seen what working here until June is like.

But, it does mean that intercompany transfers are still open.  I just have to find one, now.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_guys-doing-drive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d0745e19-0b1f-41a1-8480-1a27a9302a5dPost:0c623b62-9c55-4f9e-b90b-18c6251f0c3b">Re: You guys are going to drive me to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You guys are going to drive me to... : That is totaly bs.  Why stay if you're just going to do nothing?  Ugh.
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

Because he's a total Jackass.  He walked into my boss' office yesterday, tossed an envelope on my boss' desk, said "There!" and walked out.  My boss opened the envelope, went in to talk to him about it, and my coworker refused to say anything at all other than "No, I don't have another job.  I just don't want to work here."

I haven't liked him since the day I started here because he's one of those people who spends all of their energy trying to get out of doing any work.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Well can't they just fire him then?  They don't HAVE to keep him on staff if he's refusing to do any work.  Weird.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    B - if I were your company I'd just pay him out the 2 weeks and tell him not to come back.  He sounds awful.
  • Options
    My company never fires anyone.  It took one guy doing cocaine in our bathrooms 6 times, and stealing thousands of dollars worth of product for him to get fired.

Plus, my boss is leaving on vacation next week.  We really need the extra hands right now (November through April is our busiest time).  They were discussing bringing on some temp employees for January because of all the work we have to do in our department.  I'm thinking that's out now, too because we won't have time to train them now.

I think my boss is hoping to convince him to do a bit of work, but as of right now the guy still has yet to show up.  I'm starting to think he's not coming back.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Betrothed - that dude is a total ballsack. I hate people like that. Have some fuucking pride.

On a positive note, the errors seem to be better for me.
  • Options
    Agreed, Cew.  I still miss you.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Betrothed, that sucks.  I suggest the same remedy for you as I just recommended to Amoro - Lambrusco.  Lots of it.

Or, the one I'm going with this afternoon - check out LVB's dress & veil, get a massage, and THEN alcohol. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    I miss you too! How's your leg?
  • Options
    There will definitely be copious amounts of alcohol consumed this week, assuming I ever get to leave the office.  I drank a bottle of Riesling last night.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Hi Ladies!  I have officially graduated for the 3rd time.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_guys-doing-drive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d0745e19-0b1f-41a1-8480-1a27a9302a5dPost:754af466-1b07-45fb-a545-f8d42e7d4b03">Re: You guys are going to drive me to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I miss you too! How's your leg?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Healing.... slowly.  I stood on it for about 1 second the other day :D  Thanks for asking.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_guys-doing-drive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d0745e19-0b1f-41a1-8480-1a27a9302a5dPost:b8ac8e23-932c-4e20-8cfd-efc1983b56c5">Re: You guys are going to drive me to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Ladies!  I have officially graduated for the 3rd time.
    Posted by Night_Sprite[/QUOTE]

Congrats!  What a great Christmas present
  • Options
    Congrats Night! Can we still be friends even though you are clearly smarter than me?
  • Options
    What is your owie, Betrothed?
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_guys-doing-drive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d0745e19-0b1f-41a1-8480-1a27a9302a5dPost:de7cb2e7-4421-471c-bc0f-16c8f2601796">Re: You guys are going to drive me to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You guys are going to drive me to... : Healing.... slowly.  I stood on it for about 1 second the other day :D  Thanks for asking.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you're healing. I know it's a total biitch to deal with right now.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_guys-doing-drive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d0745e19-0b1f-41a1-8480-1a27a9302a5dPost:d1262f2d-9458-49f0-97e5-a4c4210ca9c6">Re: You guys are going to drive me to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats Night! Can we still be friends even though you are clearly smarter than me?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

<div>Everyday!</div>
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Congrats on graduating, Night.

My owie is that I broke my ankle a few weeks ago.  I have a chronic pain condition in that same ankle, so it's taking a lot longer than normal to heal.

Cew,

It definitely could have happened at a better time of year, but really I wouldn't be me if it happened that way.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Aww, I'm so sorry, Betrothed.  That is awful.  
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Congrats Sprite!!

Betrothed, that sucks!  :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, so this reorg is a huge WTF, but apparently it actually will create jobs.  So. . . if you're in IT or finance, we might have something in selected locations. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards