Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

church wedding

Hi I have a problem I am struggling with and I need some advice.
The church that I grew up in is our current wedding venue we have about 4 months until our wedding. The church really means a lot to me and I would really love to get married there.

My problem is that no matter how much our families try to cut our list we cannot cut it to fit in the church. We have about 205 invited and are thinking at least 150 will come because they are all close friends and family. The church will only hold maybe 125 cramped. 

There is an episcopal church near our church (methodist) that would have plenty of room for our guests and we have been considering asking if we would be allowed to get married there. We are both Christians and would really like to get married in a church although it is not absolutely necessary. 

I am so nervous about asking because although I have friends who attend there I am really not sure how the church will react and how our church and guests will feel about us getting married in another church. Our reception venue simply will not work for our wedding because if it rained our guests will not be able to all be close in one location to watch. Not sure what to do or how to go about another church.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards