Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Who gets a gift?

I am only having my little sister in my wedding party as my MOH and I am buying her a pearl necklace but do I need to get my parents a gift for hosting the wedding at their house? And the flower girl and ring bearer? One of them will be a year old at the time of our wedding and the other three and a half. We are on an extremely tight budget but I will make it work if need be. Thanks!!

Re: Who gets a gift?

• Options
    It would be nice to get your parents something, even a couple framed wedding photos after you get them.  For the kids you could get them each an inexpensive toy, at their age it doesn't have to be a lot.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    I agree with PP.  You should get gifts for RB and FG.  At those ages, it could even be a stuffed animal.  I would definitely get your parents something.  I think framed wedding pics would be perfect.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have a quick question regarding gifts.  I would like to give my parents framed wedding photos, but does this mean I have to get them something in addition to the photos on the wedding day?  It seems odd not to give them something when I am giving all of the bridal party gifts.  Should I give them a letter telling them what I plan to give them?

Sorry I didn't start a new thread, the responses I read here just made me think of this question.

Thanks!
  • Options
    I am getting the parents of my flower girls something because they have to travel so far for my wedding.  (ie. gift card to their favorite place)

Just a thought : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards