Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I know why you couldn't see the pictures I was complaining about

in my photos. I forgot that I cleaned up the album so that family couldn't see them when I opened the gallery for viewing. When I get my disc I'll post some. I still can't get the pics copied from the gallery. I totally understand why everyone was wondering what the hell I was talking about. I would've thought the same thing. Maybe I'll go through the album and open a few of the photos and tell you the numbers.

ETA - 1054, 1056, 1061 and 1063 are just a few of the ones I'm talking about. Also, my husband does deserve credit because I've heard from a bridsemaid that he did pull the two worst GM aside and had a talk with them. Even though they didn't listen he did try. I guess I'm mostly upset at the GM and I wish our photographer had just set him camera down and told them that he'd start taking pictures when they calmed down. The whole leg on my dress thing was a very quick moment. He did get yelled at for it and that's why you see it moved after that.

Re: I know why you couldn't see the pictures I was complaining about

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-know-why-you-couldnt-see-the-pictures-i-was-complaining-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d73f83fd-c87a-4745-bf18-f9cf1d71eb78Post:c5fa41ab-30a8-4049-bd7f-247b8336c39e">Re: I know why you couldn't see the pictures I was complaining about</a>:
    [QUOTE]These better be some epic photos.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

NO JOKE.
  • Options
    I missed your previous thread but I'm really curious about these pictures.
  • Options
    Shenanigans.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-know-why-you-couldnt-see-the-pictures-i-was-complaining-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d73f83fd-c87a-4745-bf18-f9cf1d71eb78Post:205b51dd-530b-4e2b-aa1d-17a2baa48962">Re: I know why you couldn't see the pictures I was complaining about</a>:
    [QUOTE]I saw 2000 of the pics your photog took in the link you posted in the thread last week. <strong>If you cant be happy with those, you are ridiculous. Your wedding was beautiful, BTW.</strong>  Just let the shenanigans of the GMs go.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

I am very happy with the good ones and thank you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-know-why-you-couldnt-see-the-pictures-i-was-complaining-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d73f83fd-c87a-4745-bf18-f9cf1d71eb78Post:00bef51f-b90b-4d26-a02f-05980764e964">Re: I know why you couldn't see the pictures I was complaining about</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay - so the pictures are dumb and immature, but really? FOUR out of 2000 pictures and you're getting this upset?

Oh, no it's not just 4. I just opened 4. We got like 2500 photos. I closed the ones that were on par with those. I mean, there are some weird things like a "log jerk".
  • Options
    They really aren't that bad. Trust me. It just looks like they were goofing around. I highly doubt most people are going to be offended by those few 'questionable' photos.
  • Options
    OK, 1056 is relatively questionable...but the rest are harmless. Also, as duds said, you got a TON of great ones. This should be filed in the "move on" category.

But, since I was too late to play in the additional thread and since you came back, I'll throw this out there...if I were to be mad at anything about this whole situation, I think I'd be mad at the amount of alcohol it sounds like your H and GM imbibed BEFORE the wedding that then led to these "unsavory" photos (in quotes, because that's still debatable IMO).

If I recall, you mentioned in the orginal thread that they were pretty intoxicated pre-ceremony. That would have pissed me off. Did you not have a talk with your H before the wedding about what was and what wasn't acceptable as far as drinking before the ceremony? I know for me, that was a really big deal and I brought it up numerous times to H because I wanted to be damn sure he and his GM were sober for the important part. And if you DID have a talk with your H, and he and his men disregarded that, then yeah, I'd be pissed at the lot of them (including my H). But, I'd get over the photo thing because, yes, you have some great ones.
  • Options
    They look like guys having some fun.
  • Options
    Move on. You have thousands of great pictures, and a handful of 'questionable' ones. Pick your favorite ones, hang them up. Pick the ones you like and put them in a wedding album. You don't need every single picture hanging in your house.
  • Options
    I can see why you don't ilke those photos, but you have so many other pretty ones, I don't understand why your'e upset.

But if it makes you feel better, OMG I CANT BELIEVE THE GMS HAD THE AUDACITY TO POSE LIKE THAT AND THAT YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER LET THEM!!!!!11!!
  • Options
    They are goofing around and being, well, goofy and maybe a little bit unsavory. But honestly, I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist about it. Maybe don't show those to Grandma, but other than that I'd let it go. 

Your wedding was VERY pretty, BTW.
  • Options
    Oh hey, also, forgot to mention that your H looks like he's having a good time along with these guys and doesn't see any problem. So, I wouldn't either -- and if I did, I'd be mad at him for having such a lame sense of humor. Or something.
  • Options
    wow.  Overreaction party of ILTR.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-know-why-you-couldnt-see-the-pictures-i-was-complaining-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d73f83fd-c87a-4745-bf18-f9cf1d71eb78Post:fc578646-03d3-4f78-a7d4-ab9289318aee">Re: I know why you couldn't see the pictures I was complaining about</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK, 1056 is relatively questionable...but the rest are harmless. Also, as duds said, you got a TON of great ones. This should be filed in the "move on" category. But, since I was too late to play in the additional thread and since you came back, I'll throw this out there..<strong>.if I were to be mad at anything about this whole situation, I think I'd be mad at the amount of alcohol it sounds like your H and GM imbibed BEFORE the wedding</strong> that then led to these "unsavory" photos (in quotes, because that's still debatable IMO). If I recall, you mentioned in the orginal thread that they were pretty intoxicated pre-ceremony. That would have pissed me off. <strong>Did you not have a talk with your H before the wedding about what was and what wasn't acceptable as far as drinking before the ceremony? </strong>I know for me, that was a really big deal and I brought it up numerous times to H because I wanted to be damn sure he and his GM were sober for the important part. And if you DID have a talk with your H, and he and his men disregarded that, then yeah, I'd be pissed at the lot of them (including my H). But, I'd get over the photo thing because, yes, you have some great ones.
    Posted by Meegles4[/QUOTE]

I was upset at the amount of alcohol they had before the wedding but the kicker for me was the photos which turned out the way they did because of the alcohol. H and I did talk about not drinking heavily before the wedding. I was OK with a beer and/or a shot of whiskey or what not. My girls and I had a champagne toast before photos. No biggie (or so I didn't think). H didn't get drunk or even buzzed for that matter he tried to keep them in line but his friends didn't listen to him. Apparently whenever someone told them to stop drinking they would tell them to go eff themselves. My aunt even tried to tame them but they didn't listen to her. They showed 0 respect for my husband and I. I actually feel really bad for him since he was treated so poorly by them.
  • Options
    Really?

I have a picture similar to 1053 (I think, the groom sandwhich picture) from our reception. I thought it was hilarious. 
    You need to move on, you have 2099 useable pictures. 
  • Options
    Apparently I'm overreacting. Maybe it's because the volume of them got to me. When I looked through the album the first few times it seemed to me to be almost every other photo. I guess 500 out of 2,500 is a pretty big chunk in my opinion. I knew there would be some silly ones and I guess I should've expected some like I got but I never would've imagined I'd get so many. Oh well, I suppose I just have to try and move on. Thanks.
  • Options
    Well, it sounds like your H has some real caring and mature friends. But that's his problem and if he loves them, you gotta tolerate them.

The photographer wasn't the problem here, and clearly you can block certain photos from view, so I'd forget this even happened and move. on.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-know-why-you-couldnt-see-the-pictures-i-was-complaining-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d73f83fd-c87a-4745-bf18-f9cf1d71eb78Post:4c253216-8af0-4858-be27-a7e8e0a7941a">Re: I know why you couldn't see the pictures I was complaining about</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know why you couldn't see the pictures I was complaining about : Am I missing something?  How do you count 500 unusable photos?  I only see four.  I am legitimately confused.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

Edie, she blocked a bunch, and only opened up those 4 to show us some examples.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-know-why-you-couldnt-see-the-pictures-i-was-complaining-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d73f83fd-c87a-4745-bf18-f9cf1d71eb78Post:68761644-ce2f-4f83-bcbf-86af34400bf6">Re: I know why you couldn't see the pictures I was complaining about</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know why you couldn't see the pictures I was complaining about : Okay. But there is absolutely nothing you can do to go back and fix that.<strong> Were you upset during the wedding that they were drunk? Did you notice? Or did it take seeing a few pictures of some man handling for you to put two and two together?</strong>

Really, I didn't notice that much. I was annoyed but it didn't sink in until the reception when I knew they were really drunk. There were little things that happened throughout the day leading up to that but it took a while for me to understand how drunk they were. A couple hooted and hollered and danced down the aisle on the way into the ceremony. I was a little annoyed by that but whatever it didn't ruin our day. We really had an amazing time and I need to just let this go. My bridesmaids and other guests knew off the bat that they were really drunk. There were alot of comments made to my parents about how out of control they were.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-know-why-you-couldnt-see-the-pictures-i-was-complaining-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d73f83fd-c87a-4745-bf18-f9cf1d71eb78Post:0aa6a445-3651-49aa-b4c4-e8a0595feab5">Re: I know why you couldn't see the pictures I was complaining about</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd be more concerned that there are 500 pictures of groomsmen, just in general. But seriously. Move on.

YES.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-know-why-you-couldnt-see-the-pictures-i-was-complaining-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d73f83fd-c87a-4745-bf18-f9cf1d71eb78Post:4c253216-8af0-4858-be27-a7e8e0a7941a">Re: I know why you couldn't see the pictures I was complaining about</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know why you couldn't see the pictures I was complaining about : Am I missing something?  How do you count 500 unusable photos?  I only see four.  I am legitimately confused.

Because she said she got 2500 pics, but the other day when we all looked through them there were only 2099.

However, I wonder how many of them are "that bad".
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-know-why-you-couldnt-see-the-pictures-i-was-complaining-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d73f83fd-c87a-4745-bf18-f9cf1d71eb78Post:a735c596-523a-4e2b-9ef8-3ace582a5e97">Re: I know why you couldn't see the pictures I was complaining about</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know why you couldn't see the pictures I was complaining about : Really, I didn't notice that much. I was annoyed but it didn't sink in until the reception when I knew they were really drunk. There were little things that happened throughout the day leading up to that but it took a while for me to understand how drunk they were. A<strong> couple hooted and hollered and danced down the aisle on the way into the ceremony.</strong> I was a little annoyed by that but whatever it didn't ruin our day. We really had an amazing time and I need to just let this go. My bridesmaids and other guests knew off the bat that they were really drunk. There were alot of comments made to my parents about how out of control they were.
    Posted by ILoveToRobot[/QUOTE]

Seriously? How old are these guys that they can't keep their ish together for a wedding ceremony and have to tell people to eff off when they're told to stop drinking?
  • Options
    I will never understand the logic of posts like this. ILTR, you got 2000 beautiful pictures, you had a wonderful wedding, and your response in the aftermath of it all is to obsess over the ONE thing that didn't go according to your pretty princess plans? Seriously?
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-know-why-you-couldnt-see-the-pictures-i-was-complaining-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d73f83fd-c87a-4745-bf18-f9cf1d71eb78Post:5ae10bef-1afe-4d5e-890d-c0b4e2921cd2">Re: I know why you couldn't see the pictures I was complaining about</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know why you couldn't see the pictures I was complaining about :<strong> You sounded like you were blaming your photographer before IIRC.  Also?  It's four photos.  Laugh about it and move on.</strong>

I was placing blame on anyone I could including myself. My post focused on the photographer and that wasn't fair to him but that's where I was in that moment. And it's not 4 photos there's like 500 those are the 4 that I opened for examples.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-know-why-you-couldnt-see-the-pictures-i-was-complaining-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d73f83fd-c87a-4745-bf18-f9cf1d71eb78Post:cab96881-2d79-42fb-a5e6-6c4b85dc66d4">Re: I know why you couldn't see the pictures I was complaining about</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know why you couldn't see the pictures I was complaining about : You said in the other thread that you used your photographer because he gave you every single photo he took. If that had not been his practice, you may have only received one or two of the goofy ones instead of every.single.one.<strong> I think you should be grateful for all the great pics you have.</strong> Some photographers only give the B&B 400 or so of the best pics. We have about 1000 of our wedding day because our photographer also gave us every image. Some of them are unflattering or awkward.  Some people never see their "bad" photos because the photographer edits them out of the pile.

This is the place I need to get to. I need to just look through our good ones a few times to help let go.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-know-why-you-couldnt-see-the-pictures-i-was-complaining-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d73f83fd-c87a-4745-bf18-f9cf1d71eb78Post:ae16d13e-faa8-4d07-843e-03d410d260ba">Re:I know why you couldn't see the pictures I was complaining about</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will never understand the logic of posts like this. ILTR, you got 2000 beautiful pictures, <strong>you had a wonderful wedding, and your response in the aftermath of it all is to obsess over the ONE thing that didn't go according to your pretty princess plans?</strong> Seriously?
    Posted by StephBeanWed61502[/QUOTE]

There were actually quite a few things that didn't happen to plan. More like alot and I've let all that go and didn't dwell on it. Some actually make good memories I was just so upset about the photos because out of the entire day (not including the whole getting married part) the pictures are what I was most looking forward to.
  • Options
    An album can only hold so many photos.  Unless you want your house to look like a shrine to your wedding, you will only hang a few photos. 

These 500 or so photos you don't like become inconsequential. 
  • Options
    Duds is definitely right, the photos can be a letdown no matter what. There's just so much build up about them and you feel like they're like OMG THE MOST IMPORTANT EVAR. I have to say, I get less enthused about my pics the more I look at them. They're awesome, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I feel like they don't live up to my (ridiculously over-reaching) expectations.

Also, stuff always goes wrong. You're married. That's the important part. I bet we could all tell horror stories about the things that went wrong.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-know-why-you-couldnt-see-the-pictures-i-was-complaining-about?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d73f83fd-c87a-4745-bf18-f9cf1d71eb78Post:b023b7dd-22c7-4ad4-8bcc-22d67b868952">Re: I know why you couldn't see the pictures I was complaining about</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know why you couldn't see the pictures I was complaining about : <strong> I'm not going to lie, I bawled like a baby the day we got our photos.</strong> I pretty much hated them. I think I was just overwhelmed at having 1000 photos, the good and the bad, to weed through. I didn't start to see the good in them until H and I sat down that night and looked at them together. The beauty of seeing every image he took that day was that it really made me appreciate the 600 or so photos I loved from the wedding.

When I spoke to my photog after the wedding he told me that it can be a pretty emotional thing and that what I was going through was "normal". He told me to go through the pictures and the emotional part of it. He said if I make a list of some of the shots that are upsetting he can try and edit some stuff out. There's one GM who flipped off the camera in a ton of photos and you could tell he was doing it discreetly so that no one would notice at the time. So with the ones that I like but have random stuff in I'll be able to use which is reassuring.
  • Options
    I'm not going to bash you for being upset about the inappropriate behavior on the part of the GM, but I will echo what everyone else has said about being glad that you have so many great photos to work with.

I LOVED our photographer and thought he did a great job, and initially he gave us 209 of his favorite photos. I had to bug him for almost two months to get the rest of his shots from my wedding, and when I received them it was around 1300 images total. I think that's plenty. I am going to hang... what? Maybe between four and ten shots somewhere around my house? And to make an album that will recall the best parts of the day, I think I will need around 100 good images. I have that and more.

And so do you. Be happy -- you had a beautiful day, you wound up married. It's all good.
    So far, being a Gray is pretty awesome. image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards