Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Is this thing on?

Re: Is this thing on?

• Options
    Aryn, comparing that to what you've told us about your FI makes no sense.  How is sitting on his ass and not getting a job = more maturity? 

Try a different counselor. 

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Aryn - that's ridiculous.  I would most definintely find a new therapist.

You had more restraint than I would have; I probably would have walked out.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-this-thing-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dbaa810d-59e9-41b4-8679-d2e3ade57a35Post:c8e21357-5512-4478-a62b-05cce06ee9ce">Re: Is this thing on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aryn, comparing that to what you've told us about your FI makes no sense.  How is sitting on his ass and not getting a job = more maturity?  Try a different counselor. 
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

<div>Yea, even FI said that was ridiculous. In the other thread I mentioned how I would be someone to have a friend fire someone for me. Yea, FI is going to be the one to call and cancel our next appointment. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-this-thing-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dbaa810d-59e9-41b4-8679-d2e3ade57a35Post:3f915904-0dc0-4c50-b1d0-bbe01b067533">Re: Is this thing on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is this thing on? : Bay spins fire? What?
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]
    Yep.  Bay spins fire.

• Options
    Also, where's this video of Bay with fire? Who knew she was such a bad ass? 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-this-thing-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dbaa810d-59e9-41b4-8679-d2e3ade57a35Post:9196bffb-80d8-442e-8752-cd744cec5be9">Re: Is this thing on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, where's this video of Bay with fire? Who knew she was such a bad ass? 
    Bahahaha.  It's on my FB page.  It's not a great quality video, because like I said, H can't tape worth shiiit.  But it's there.

Goddammit TK.  I guess we still need three i's in shiiit.

• Options

I think Bay needs to go spin fire in the TK offices; see if that will get them to fix this mess.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-this-thing-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dbaa810d-59e9-41b4-8679-d2e3ade57a35Post:36758698-6679-44c8-b793-2721c372ab00">Re: Is this thing on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think Bay needs to go spin fire in the TK offices; see if that will get them to fix this mess.
    Posted by kjhowd[/QUOTE]
    *snort*  The sad thing is I'd probably set myself on fire before I scared them.

• Options
    That made me giggle out loud; not that you setting yourself on fire is funny, just that whole statement.

Maybe if all the NY and New England Knotties marched on them?  The issues are just getting so out of hand.

• Options
    Aryn, that is really ridiculous, definitely look for a new counselor. It sounds like he didn't even listen to your problems if that's the conclusion he came to.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bay, will you be my fb friend so I can see this video? I think spinning with fire is pretty cool. Although I could never do it because I always think of the worst possible outcome and would be constantly flinching. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-this-thing-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dbaa810d-59e9-41b4-8679-d2e3ade57a35Post:876fe50b-1515-4585-9211-0375e7426cbc">Re: Is this thing on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aryn, that is really ridiculous, definitely look for a new counselor. It sounds like he didn't even listen to your problems if that's the conclusion he came to.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>Yea, after getting our family tree (which I didn't understand), I told him our main issue was financial and that I was stressed about him not having a job. That's where he cut me off and started talking to FI about all these places he could apply. Uh thanks mister, I've told him all those places too. Ugh, it makes me so mad. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-this-thing-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dbaa810d-59e9-41b4-8679-d2e3ade57a35Post:081e4106-8d60-4777-a9d8-0de6bf8502c7">Re: Is this thing on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bay, will you be my fb friend so I can see this video? I think spinning with fire is pretty cool. Although I could never do it because I always think of the worst possible outcome and would be constantly flinching. 
    Haha, sure.  YGPM in a minute.

• Options
    I'm certain that if I tried to spin fire, I would set myself and all those around me on fire and it would be a disaster. So no thanks, haha.
  • Options
    TK is so wonky and it is mega confusing where everyone is posting.

My office currently smells like pee.  I have no idea why, but it smells like a wet diaper.  So gross.  And I really want to go home so I can eat an ice cream sandwich before FI gets home.

Bay, I think it is really neat that you spin fire.  A girl at my college did it the night before her graduation, and it was by far one of the neatest things I'd ever seen.  I'd probably end up lighting myself on fire.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Button, why do you have to eat the ice cream sandwich before he gets home? Are you cheating on some sort of diet?
  • Options
    To be fair, I've only actually lit myself on fire once, and it was more eyebrow-singe-ing than anything.  It's really hard to actually light yourself on fire if you're wearing natural fibers (as opposed to polyester or nylon, which tend to catch easily).

• Options
    Aryn, your counselor sounds like a complete idiot.  Wash your hands of him and find someone else.

I've never been, but I've heard from friends that finding the right "click" with a therapist or counselor can take many appointments & meetings.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-this-thing-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dbaa810d-59e9-41b4-8679-d2e3ade57a35Post:8cf8d06f-5ec3-4213-aef8-cff11c9c5b52">Re: Is this thing on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]To be fair, I've only actually lit myself on fire once, and it was more eyebrow-singe-ing than anything.  It's really hard to actually light yourself on fire<strong> if you're wearing natural fibers (as opposed to polyester or nylon, which tend to catch easily).
    </strong>Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that, I always assumed natural fibers would catch more quickly.

I would most definitely set my hair or something ablaze.

• Options
    I would die if something happened to my hair and I had to cut it all off and be bald. I'm way too vain for that. I wouldn't like the eybrow singe either, but I'd imagine they would grow back much more quickly.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-this-thing-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dbaa810d-59e9-41b4-8679-d2e3ade57a35Post:18e17bcc-7bdc-4e50-b2b3-e96bce809f9d">Re: Is this thing on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Button, why do you have to eat the ice cream sandwich before he gets home? Are you cheating on some sort of diet?
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

Yes- its not a formal diet, but I have been actively trying to lose weight. Plus I've eaten nearly the entire box this week and havent shared them with him.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I wanted a pixie cut when I was in HS. I was much more daring then though. Now the idea of my hair being shorter than mid-back is weird to me. 
  • Options
    I like to keep my hair a little longer than shoulder length. I feel like it looks stupid any shorter or longer than that. Plus, it can be tough to keep blonde hair long since the bleach damages it and I need to cut off the ends every so often.
  • Options
    Button - Skinny cows. 

Bay - don't light yourself on fire. 

Aryn - Fire him asap.  What an idiot.  How are your personal sessions going?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Angel, I think that's a good length. I rarely wear my hair down and didn't realize how long it's gotten. It's probably only a few inches away from my butt at this point. Woops. 

Habs, I have my second session tomorrow. The first one went really well and I like him a lot. He said I have a level head on my shoulder and did not imply that I'm immature so obviously I like him better. 
  • Options
    I usually wear my hair down, except at work. Lately, I've been wearing it up in a bun, since I haven't felt like straightening it and if I let it dry wavy, it looks a mess after I sleep on it. I rarely do anything, so I figure, what's the point in damaging it with the flat iron right now?
  • Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    *knocks* Are people in here? 

Helloooo. My hair is short. It's maybe an inch above my shoulders. I like it, but I think it makes me look matronly. A tiny bit.
  • Options
    Hahaha, Habs, I shall do my best.

KJ, nope.  Natural fibers are self-extinguishing, they burn out on their own.  Polyester fabrics are essentially made of plastic, which melts and spreads. 

• Options
    Yup, exactly Angel. Also, remember how I mentioned that my ex moved back and I would probably run into him while I was looking a hot mess. Yup, that's exactly what happened. I was running late to work so my outfit was a mix matched thing of super casual clothes. Hair in probably the worst bun ever and barely any make up on at the gas station. Cool universe, real cool. 
  • Options
    Erin, I can see you. When my hair is too short, I feel like my face looks fat or something. Well, not fat, but not as thin. I was just going through some old facebook albums and there's one album with pictures of my hair both too short and too long, haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards