Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Do I invite the ceremony musicians to the reception?

Not totally sure about all this etiquette-y stuff! We are having a string quartet perform at our wedding ceremony but not for anything else. Do we still invite them to the reception? Obviously we're giving our photographer and band meals/etc., but not sure about the ceremony-only musicians. Thanks!

Re: Do I invite the ceremony musicians to the reception?

• Options
    I wouldn't. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't, either. They are there to do a job only during the ceremony and are being paid for it, so I don't think inviting them is necessary. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I wouldn't.  The reason why you are providing meals for your DJ and photographer is because they will be working throughout your entire reception so of course they would have to eat.  For your ceremony musicians you are paying them to only work the ceremony and that is it.  Unless the ceremony musicians are also friends of yours then no don't invite them and even if you did they would most likely decline.

• Options
    We're not.  We are going to invite our priest(s) though.
  • Options
    No need to invite the ceremony musicians. I'm a musician and I've played weddings in the past. I've never been invited to the reception unless I was friends with the couple. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I would not.  We extended the invitation to our harpist to have one of the vendor meals.  She'd played outside (and it was 82 degrees on a sunny Florida afternoon) and then performed an additional hour at our cocktail hour indoors.  We thought she might like to have dinner.  She was quite surprised and appreciate the offer.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Do I invite the ceremony musicians to the reception?:[QUOTE]I wouldn't.nbsp; The reason why you are providing meals for your DJ and photographer is because they will be working throughout your entire reception so of course they would have to eat.nbsp; For your ceremony musicians you are paying them to only work the ceremony and that is it.nbsp; Unless the ceremony musicians are also friends of yours then no don't invite them and even if you did they would most likely decline. Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with this.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome. I didn't think so, but wanted to make sure. Thanks so much, everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards