North Carolina
Options

Your dress?

Where did you guys find your dress?  I have been shopping 5 times and tried on a lot of dresses.  BUT I am still looking and coming down too close to the wire.  I am worried I am not going to find it and I am getting really frustrated.  I am very fond of Maggie's but I just haven't found the one yet and they told I needed to order like now or I will be cutting it too short.  If i cut it too short I might not be able to get in with Olga, blah blah. **this is way too stressful** :(

Re: Your dress?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I purchased my Maggie from Bridal Boutique of Raleigh. I know that shop gets hit or miss reviews but I didn't have a problem there since I knew what I wanted and didn't need much assistance from them. If you go during the week with a friend or family member to help you pull dresses, they have a pretty decent selection to look through.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bridal Boutique of Raleigh also has a sister store in Cary called the Bridal Gallery at MacGregor.  That's where I got my dress and I had a great experience.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maggie sottero dresses have what is called a "basement price," meaning there's a certain price that the designer sets that stores canNOT go below. It's to maintain the integrity of the brand... anywho, I got my Maggie from Pearl's Place in Louisiana, to save on sales tax and to get the 'basement price' on the dress. Free shipping too. Dress was in my hands 3 months and one week after I ordered it. I tried on the dress at Poffie Girls. My technique was kind of evil to Poffie Girls but to save almost $100 in sales tax, had to do it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found my dress after a marathon trip to the Bridal Mart in Burlington. I lost count of the number of dresses I tried on, but then I finally found it.  I ordered it online from jaysbridal to save money off the price.  Good luck!
    Photo Credit: Luster Studios
    Items for Sale!
  • Options
    momofaydenmomofayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going through a marathon of appointments in the next 3-4 weeks.  I am going to Diamonds, Bridal of Raleigh, Carolina Bridal, Enchanting moments, Watters trunk show in Richmond, va and then possibly Burlington and Mcgregors (again) if I have time.  I am starting to strees. UGH. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you gone to Enchanting Moments in Fuquay Varina. I had an incredible experience with them - ask for Felicia. They have a nice selection but very personal attention. We basically sat down and discussed my vision and then she started pulling dresses. A little bit like say yes to the dress.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    momofaydenmomofayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am trying to schedule my appt with them as we speak.  Hopefully they can work within my budget. Is that where you got your dress?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards