Wedding Etiquette Forum

Need help with a shower TY after drama

Long story short. I am doing bridal shower ty's and I am good for all except one.

FI's aunt who has been in la la land with her meds and has done a lot of strange things from deleting us off FB when he bought me my new tattoo, to posting pics of his exes new child on her page...we thought we were past this and then a few days after the shower she posted a photo of herself, his mom, and his gma. Tagged him and said a whole paragraph of nasty things:

"The shower was beautiful but the moh was rude to us and did not introduce us to people. Grandma asked for a lotion and got told no, if this is any indication of what to expect at the wedding then we are worried" <---the jist of it.

His mother emailed me apologizng before I ever saw this. She told me in tears to uninvite her sister to the wedding. I am not going to but we are on watch now for her behvaior at the wedding. The whole lotion thing was BS as his gma asked ME and it was for his aunt for winning bingo and I said no problem. My gosh it was .50 and his mother adored my MOH who went out of her way to make everyone feel awesome. A lot of my friends introduced themslves to all of them.

She finally deleted the comment and the photo altogether.

On the words of wisdum card she also put "Don't forget the word divorce always exists"...

She got me some panties and made sure to tell me she picked those colors for my pale skin...a soap, and a stunning hair clip.

HOW do I write a thoughtful thank you that does not come off wrong in any way shape or form. I have tried everything with this woman but they say it's her "condition and memory and a slew of other things"

Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Need help with a shower TY after drama

• "Thank you so much for being a part of the shower. I appreciate your thoughtful advice and gift, and look forward to seeing you at the wedding soon!"

Easy peasy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_need-shower-ty-after-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e3068b27-7873-4e42-961b-55f83fccb81bPost:c03d16b0-dc03-4594-8a2b-009ca8976e47">Re: Need help with a shower TY after drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]"Thank you so much for being a part of the shower. I appreciate your thoughtful advice and gift, and look forward to seeing you at the wedding soon!" Easy peasy.
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.  Just rise above it.  She sounds AWESOME though.  Good luck with her. 
  • Maybe I just over thought it too much. I had such nice beautiful things to say to all my friends and family and the rest of his family I feel so cheap not being enthusiastic about writing hers Frown
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Just write the thank you as though all that drama didn't go down. Dear Aunt Sally, Thank you so much for your thoughtful gift. You're right, the color you chose looks fabulous on me! Love, Shake Up and Fiancé And then let it go. She's a nutjob and I might be putting my foot in my mouth if she truly does have something wrong with her, which is possible. Either way, be the bigger person. GL!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_need-shower-ty-after-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e3068b27-7873-4e42-961b-55f83fccb81bPost:a8acf6eb-fdef-4928-933f-a2a1e9976b1f">Re: Need help with a shower TY after drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe I just over thought it too much. I had such nice beautiful things to say to all my friends and family and the rest of his family I feel so cheap not being enthusiastic about writing hers
    Posted by ShakeUpTampa[/QUOTE]

That's sweet, but it doesn't sound like she deserves that much thought.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_need-shower-ty-after-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e3068b27-7873-4e42-961b-55f83fccb81bPost:a8acf6eb-fdef-4928-933f-a2a1e9976b1f">Re: Need help with a shower TY after drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe I just over thought it too much. I had such nice beautiful things to say to all my friends and family and the rest of his family I feel so cheap not being enthusiastic about writing hers
    Posted by ShakeUpTampa[/QUOTE]

shot of whiskey. scribble words down quickly, seal and stamp. repeat step one.
  • Keep it simple but still nice.  "thank you so much for coming to my bridal shower and for your lovely gift.  it was so nice having (insert fiance's name) family to celebrate with."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards