Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Time crunch

Somehow I thought I had more time to decide this, but I have to send my playlist to our ceremony musicians this weekend and I need to pick 3 songs.

1) for the bride's entrance
2) for a song to play while we light the unity candle and take communion (short)
3) for the recessional

I don't want any classical music and the song will be played by 2 acoustic guitarists. The wedding party will be walking in to Jose Gonzales's heartbeats.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or bands to listen to that might help me get inspired?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
156image 108image 48image RSVP Due 5/18
New Bio

Re: Time crunch

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_time-crunch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e4e07578-5267-40e2-ab84-f3d59190de93Post:a5f8a0db-8d60-4f47-b738-574c582c6801">Time crunch</a>:
    [QUOTE]Somehow I thought I had more time to decide this, but I have to send my playlist to our ceremony musicians this weekend and I need to pick 3 songs. 1) for the bride's entrance 2) for a song to play while we light the unity candle and take communion (short) 3) for the recessional I don't want any classical music and the song will be played by 2 acoustic guitarists. The wedding party will be walking in to Jose Gonzales's heartbeats. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or bands to listen to that might help me get inspired?
    Posted by mrsamyjones[/QUOTE]
    I was at a wedding recently where they played "Crazy Love"  it was super tear jerking.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-music-ideas.aspx

section called "ceremony music 101." There are several lists.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    Dang it; fi is at rehearsal right now.  This is right up his alley, but he won't be home until late.  I know that the Great American Songbook is full of jazz standards that would sound lovely on the acoustic guitar.   Django Reinhart's music is amazing, but that may not be what you're looking for (gypsy jazz).
  • Options
    Are you having a Catholic mass? If so you probably need all religious songs. Don't quote me on that, but I have to use all religious/classical songs for my wedding.

I don't have any advice on songs. Sorry and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards