Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Something Borrowed (the book/movie)

2»

Re: Something Borrowed (the book/movie)

• Options
    Haha Bridie, that's awesome. I wanna see cool stuff like that when The Help comes out =)

I want to see Bridesmaids too. Hopefully my MOH will come to town for it and she and her sister and I can go see it together. That seems like a better idea than making boys come with us. Boys are suck downers sometimes.
  • Options
    MattsPenguinMattsPenguin member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_something-borrowed-bookmovie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e5eaae73-26d4-4856-b1ab-e908edb9aa51Post:5ed07493-e84b-4f45-a009-56c9849ee27b">Re: Something Borrowed (the book/movie)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with Liv. And I was supremely disappointed that there was very small mention of Indiana in the movie (when they talked about IU or Notre Dame) when in the book, Darcy and Rachel actually go back to Indiana for a bridal shower. Come on, Indiana never gets featured in anything, and we had this golden opportunity taken away. :(
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Oh no!  Indiana is left out?  I just read the part about how disappointed she was in her college friend who decided to leave behind his Hoosier roots and be a Cameron Crazy.  To (almost) quote it "It would be different if he was from a state that wasn't obsessed with basketball.  Indiana is Big Ten country."

LOVED IT!

ETA: if you didn't know, I went to Purdue.  I'm very familiar with Indiana Basketball.
  • Options
    mara, you know the weird thing is I just read a book right before this one that had it's main character living in NYC and originally from Terre Haute. I guess authors think of Indiana when they want to depict hickville? :(
  • Options
    LDY, I thought Bella went to Jacksonville, FL (and not MS)? :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_something-borrowed-bookmovie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e5eaae73-26d4-4856-b1ab-e908edb9aa51Post:8923d50b-67a7-404a-abe0-e92f3d5cd6a8">Re: Something Borrowed (the book/movie)</a>:
    [QUOTE]LDY, I thought Bella went to Jacksonville, FL (and not MS)? :(
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]

She did! But I'm from Jacksonville, FL - so I got excited about that too. The Help is based in Jackson though.
  • Options
    I read these books a really long time ago and only remember the basic plot and not all the details.  I was going to re-read the books before seeing the movie but I guess I won't now because it will probably ruin it for me. 

Thanks for the heads up!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Oh haha ok!
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_something-borrowed-bookmovie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e5eaae73-26d4-4856-b1ab-e908edb9aa51Post:1e6f5b13-fdc8-4244-8934-dffd8d49bb46">Re: Something Borrowed (the book/movie)</a>:
    [QUOTE]mara, you know the weird thing is I just read a book right before this one that had it's main character living in NYC and originally from Terre Haute. I guess authors think of Indiana when they want to depict hickville? :(
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]
    What book was it? I think I might have read it also, but can't remember the name right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards