Wedding Etiquette Forum

Dream people?

I can't remember if we have any dream interpreters on the board here, but I had one that I think might have been trying to tell me something.

First, I have dreams all the time. Almost every night. And usually I don't pay much attention to them - they're just dreams.

But last night I dreamed that I was feverishly shopping for - specifically - a Quartz watch with a bright red band. I had this very strong urge that I needed to have one, but I don't know why. I wasn't necessarily panicking about it, but I wasn't going to stop looking until I found it. I don't wear a watch normally, and wtf it had to be specifically bright red is beyond me.

When I woke up, I realized this wasn't the first time I'd had this exact dream. So I thought maybe my subconcious is trying to tell me something?

Am I weird? Is there some kind of significance? :)

Re: Dream people?

• I am by no means a dream interpreter, but I am a firm believer that dreams are manifestations of things that you have done or thought during the day, no matter how fleeting.

If you're really wanting to figure it out, I'd keep a journal though the day. Write down everything you see, do, think no matter how trivial it may seem at the time. Then when you dream and awake, immediately write down the specifics of the dream. Anything you can remember.

I'd be willing to bet that your waking thoughts and your dream thoughts end up pretty similar, just manifested differently.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Anysunrise, teeth falling out is supposed to be related to stress. I had them a lot when we moved and I transferred schools.
  • Last night I sat straight up in bed and started feeling around the comforter, trying to figure out why it wasnt a quilt. Then I started whimpering and moaning. H had to kinda force me to lay back down and hold me.

Apparently, I want to get my new sewing machine MUCH more than I thought.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • LVB, just the mental image of that made me laugh out loud.  You need a sewing machine ASAP!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dream-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ea744aab-0a19-4665-9dee-f4345b677ae1Post:5f866ab1-74bc-46d7-91a2-be2eca2b769b">Re: Dream people?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anysunrise, teeth falling out is supposed to be related to stress. I had them a lot when we moved and I transferred schools.
    Posted by Jill9288[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I'm trying to remember when I first started having them, maybe I was subconsciously stressing about something.
  • Thanks, everyone!

Stacks- some of that actually might be right on. And fische- I think I might try that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards