Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Well, I'm still here

Re: Well, I'm still here

• Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2011
    Thanks Jill! I hope your b-pics turn out awesome! :) I envy you for having the balls to do that!

Yeah I didn't realize how hard it was really going to be, but when I told my mom we were thinking about getting married in Louisville she sounded super bummed. I decided getting married in Indiana was what I really wanted too, but it's been hard. I just feel out of control of things because I have to wait until I can get back in town to do things. Luckily we have everything booked except the cake now.
  • Options
    Hi ladies!  I didn't read the other pages of this thread.  There was a tornado warning here....rapture for Minneapolis?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks Birdie Smile I was super nervous before she showed up, but I think it helped being in my own apartment, and she was super friendly and talkative.

And I'm glad we ended up doing it this way-some of our family won't be able to be here, but it's been mostly stress free, and I'm absolutely in love with our venue. There's nothing like it around our hometown.
  • Options
    I'm back home with my much nicer feet now, and debating what I want for dinner.  I usually always do lazy dinners when H has duty.  

Birdie, what about just doing 4:30?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Beach, what color did you get?
  • Options
    I've thought about that too Beach. However, that still puts us beyond an hour after our ceremony before the sun goes down, so my thinking was we might as well start at 4 and then have more time to party. :)
  • Options
    Birdie, what town are you getting married in?  Sunset in Evansville is at 5:30 on your wedding day.  Now I'm obsessed with your wedding ceremony timing issue.
  • Options
    I'm here.  I had to laugh, we had an earthquake at 5:55pm.  It was fairly strong for us. I'm happy to say we are still here.  Not that anyone thought otherwise, we are all heathens down here.

We are watching extreme coupon-ing right now.   Can someone please tell me what one does with 1000 tubes of toothpaste?  Who the hell care if they were free or only a few cents, who wants to store them all?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    andy, did you take cover?
    H os heading out to work at the bar soon, and I'm looking forward to a night to myself
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Hi ladies! Haha, Andy I thought the same thing too when I heard about the tornado warning.

I am watching the Glee finale from last week and waiting for my mom to come over. I don't even really LIKE Glee (I watch it because its usually like a car wreck---hard to NOT watch)....but I still teared up.
  • Options
    LOL I'm indeed getting married in Evansville.

Beach, I'm curious. I"m reading the "PIP problems" post on Chit Chat yesterday and that katelyn chick's posts have been removed. What did she say in the beginning that got everyone so pissed? I know she's anti-marine for some reason, but I was just curious exactly what she said.
  • Options
    That katelyn girl... she was a piece of work.
  • Options
    Uh oh...it got very quiet in here. Did you guys get raptured after all?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_well-im-still-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eab09f28-3926-4f6a-9deb-383c3ffcea6bPost:3c646990-5ca4-4369-8c72-e1be48c9943c">Re: Well, I'm still here</a>:
    [QUOTE]Uh oh...it got very quiet in here. Did you guys get raptured after all?
    Posted by Jill9288[/QUOTE]

<div>Yup, it just happened here on the west coast.  I'm now knotting from heaven.</div>
  • Options
    haha no raptured-ness here. boredness maybe, but no rapturedness.
  • Options
    I'm still sitting here with my glass of wine :)
  • Options
    Whoo hoo! I'm trying to decide between pineapple vodka w/ Fresca or Muscato
  • Options
    I just skyped with my mom and 6 year old nephew. I just love him.

Don't get me started on Katelyn. I can't stand that girl.
  • Options
    Muscato
  • Options
    ggirl, why are so many of her posts missing? Did she delete them?
  • Options
    We didn't take for cover - it hasn't even rained here!  We are literally in a tiny little pocket not getting any storms.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love Fresca! Never tried it with alcohol though. I used to drink it at my great grandma's all the time.
  • Options
    Birdie- she tends to go back and DD when she says something thats reportable or she knows is wrong (even though she is quoted usually too)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_well-im-still-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:eab09f28-3926-4f6a-9deb-383c3ffcea6bPost:0e8b5a86-a484-48b8-a118-ee74008c6ab3">Re: Well, I'm still here</a>:
    [QUOTE]ggirl, why are so many of her posts missing? Did she delete them?
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]

I believe she deleted many of her posts once she realized they could reflect poorly upon her fi's precious career and then she'd have to find someone else upon whose star she could hitch her precious wagon. Eta- I take issue with the composition of the sentence in this post, but I don't feel like dragging out my usage dictionary to figure out where I've gone wrong. Playdate and a narrowly avoided rapture today- I'm fuccking tired.
  • Options
    Yeah, I just told her that with everyting she has mentioned I now know her FI's full name, when he was injured, and facebook info.

So an acquaintance on facebook with 400+ friends just put a message up indicating that some of the invites were lost in the mail and let her know if she didn't get one. i sent her a message explaining that might be a bad idea considering people might think they didn't get one and she would have to explain they weren't invited. I'm not that close with her anymore, but oh well.
  • Options
    Sorry, I got tied up making dinner, and on MB dealing with that immature twatwaffle again.  She has been around for a while on MB starting drama and being ridiculous.  Nobody respects her, but apparently she decided to try the international boards now too.  

The picture she posted was of a Marine lifting weights, and saying something about how Marines are only good for their strength, not their brains, or something like that. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MS - that's not the Glee finale, this coming week's episode is.  And i wasn't a fan of last weeks episode.  I hate when they all do ballads.  And I REALLY hate when Kurt does showtunes.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Dnb, she's on mb now? This morning in diy she said she was deleting her account. I'm ignoring what you said about Kurt so we can still be friends.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_well-im-still-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eab09f28-3926-4f6a-9deb-383c3ffcea6bPost:66b42649-855b-4a1b-bfc1-efdfd2b9ca52">Re: Well, I'm still here</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well, I'm still here : 12-12-12 is my birthday.  That day's gonna be awesome!
    Posted by Mrs.B6302007[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I only just started this thread, but me too =D</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_well-im-still-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eab09f28-3926-4f6a-9deb-383c3ffcea6bPost:0e8b5a86-a484-48b8-a118-ee74008c6ab3">Re: Well, I'm still here</a>:
    [QUOTE]ggirl, why are so many of her posts missing? Did she delete them?
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]

<div>It SOUNDED like she PM'd Jas on SB about being "harassed", so I wouldn't be surprised if she deleted her own posts before she did (this is a total assumption on my part).</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards