Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

** Amoro **

My brother has taken a new position where he'll be moving to Germany for 6 months (starting in July) right after his wedding.  FSIL gets to go with him and they will put them up in an apartment and stuff.  Any suggestions or tips for being a SAHW in a foreign country for her?  How do you spend your time?  

Re: ** Amoro **

• Options
    *beep* Amoro can't answer right now because she's off doing something fabulous and wonderful in beautiful Italia.

Or maybe she's just sleeping. I don't know what the time difference is for her.
     :)
  • Options
    ha.  it should be about 6 or 7 hours from EST...  
    I miss bubbles :).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_amoro-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eb32f3a4-d808-4a9a-9024-e9d8ef8d0199Post:33824db0-11b5-4e8d-aae0-cdf008adb47c">** Amoro **</a>:
    [QUOTE]My brother has taken a new position where he'll be moving to Germany for 6 months (starting in July) right after his wedding.  FSIL gets to go with him and they will put them up in an apartment and stuff.  Any suggestions or tips for being a SAHW in a foreign country for her?  How do you spend your time?  
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

Well, the good thing for her is that they'll only be there for 6 months.  It will actually be quite a bit different than what I've had.  Are they staying for longer or is that pretty much it?

Anyway, she should get out and learn the language,  see if they can meet up with other expats that might be in the area.  Because they are there for such a short time, I imagine that she'll be seeing a lot more and be more intense about it than we were.  She should figure out the train system and hop that every couple of days or so. 

Also, I don't know if dryers are common in Germany, but they're not here, and everything has to be airdried and it takes fvcking ages.  She could also make a post on the International Nesties board-- there are a couple of people who live in Germany that might have more expert opinions than I.

Also, she should be prepared to feel bored, isolated and scared at times, because it's just crazy-azz culture shock in the beginning.
  • Options
    Oh, and I was out grocery shopping, though I appreciate Vally's messaging service. :D
  • Options
    I do what I can Smile
  • Options
    Thanks Amoro - had to actually work, then went out after work... ciao!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards