Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I hate my MOH!

She made me spit water at my semi-new laptop from laughing...

Was venting about some of the posts here on the Knot with the entitled bridezillas who expect their MOH's/BM's to be unpaid biiitches, and told her I'll be thrilled for her to show up sober and on-time for the ceremony and to smile in pictures (I get to see her - at most - 3 times per year due to how far apart we live and our school schedules). Her response?

"shiit, sober? That was not made clear in the initial conversation. I thought it would be a little more interesting if I was weaving back and forth and puking in the flowers - you know, just to mix things up."

Love her.

Re: I hate my MOH!

• Options
    i am not an ettie but i thought omg here we go again lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nice. Love a MOH with a sense of humor.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    Everyone should have a MOH like that!
  • Options
    b0710b0710 member
    First Comment
    My kind of MOH!!!
  • Options
    My question is, why would you want to have a MOH like that in your wedding party?  It's one thing to be light hearted and such, but a drunk MOH on YOUR DAY is unthinkible.  Guests are gonna remember her drunkenss and not YOU.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hate-moh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ec7913ff-aca9-498f-bdf2-7a36fa851003Post:7fdb24fa-167c-4497-9da1-54343f67b3ca">Re: I hate my MOH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My question is, why would you want to have a MOH like that in your wedding party?  It's one thing to be light hearted and such, but a drunk MOH on YOUR DAY is unthinkible.  Guests are gonna remember her drunkenss and not YOU.
    Posted by PhoneCardLady[/QUOTE]

So you're joking, right?  This is your sarcasm font?  Because I haven't had sip one of my coffee yet, and I can't tell. 
  • Options
    That's hillarious. Great MOH, I could see mine saying something like that.
  • Options
    Awesome...

You both should be the poster children for how brides and MOH should treat each other.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Ha! Win.
  • Options

This sounds like my MOH and me!  It's nice to have a sense of humor about the whole thing.  Makes it less stressful.

imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    heck, my groom was shocked that i wanted him to be sober for the ceremony.  :)

i think we both plan to have a little bit of a buzz going on, but not full out smashed.  we're walking each other down the aisle, so depending on how buzzed we are, it could be fun.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hate-moh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ec7913ff-aca9-498f-bdf2-7a36fa851003Post:7fdb24fa-167c-4497-9da1-54343f67b3ca">Re: I hate my MOH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My question is, why would you want to have a MOH like that in your wedding party?  It's one thing to be light hearted and such, but a drunk MOH on YOUR DAY is unthinkible.  Guests are gonna remember her drunkenss and not YOU.
    Posted by PhoneCardLady[/QUOTE]

I hope you're kidding... that HAS to be sarcasm. Right? RIGHT?!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hate-moh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ec7913ff-aca9-498f-bdf2-7a36fa851003Post:82825d12-3631-4f0c-ad7c-525d1f263cfd">Re: I hate my MOH!</a>:
    [QUOTE]heck, my groom was shocked that i wanted him to be sober for the ceremony.  :) i think we both plan to have a little bit of a buzz going on, but not full out smashed.  we're walking each other down the aisle, so depending on how buzzed we are, it could be fun.
    Posted by jenjenaz[/QUOTE]

My FBIL was so hungover on his wedding day, he was puking all morning. His (now) wife, was not impressed to say the least. The best part is that the guys didn't even go out for a bach. party - they hung out at his house and had a BBQ/bags/watched sports.

I fully expect to have a Mimosa or 4 with my BM's as we get ready that morning, but I would expect us all to be sober enough to walk down the aisle in a straight line and stand together. haha

<strong>ETA</strong> and yes, I LOVE my MOH. And if you knew her & knew how this would come out of her mouth, it's even funnier. She has a way of saying the funniest (and most sarcastic) things with a completely straight face and a "well-DUH" tone of voice. Which is probably why I laughed so hard last night
  • Options
    Haha, yeah. I told one of my BMs "RELATIVELY sober."
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    You had me going for a second with the title.  I thought "surely Kelly knows better".  LOL. 

At my sister's wedding, I'm pretty sure none of the GM (except FI) were sober.  Hell, it was a PITA to get the BM to set down his beer for pictures.  Seriously, he's hiding it behind his back in most of them. 
    Anniversary
  • Options

Sounds like the perfect MOH :)

• Options
    mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    Ooooo, I hate her too! Hate that she's yours and not mine!
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    She's definitely the perfect MOH, imo... and the most awesome best friend. We can go over a year without seeing each other, and yet, it's like we see each other every day. She'll be here next month (over my bday! YAY! which was also totally unplanned haha) and I'm just so excited...

... but she's full of little gems like last night's comments.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards