Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE)

Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE)

• Options
    MUD

No, you don't attend the "wedding" because there is no "wedding." 

On the off-chance this is real (which I very much doubt), you have her committed if she really thinks this is a sane idea.
  • Options
    They wouldn't have beastiality laws if it weren't something that happens.  This could totally be real.  I mean think of my strange addiction and dude making out wiht his car and be OK enough with it to be on a damn tv show about it. 
  • Options
    I do not for one second believe that anyone is okay with this.  There is nothing normal about marrying a dog.  I did not think that was a sentence that I would ever type. 

This can't be real.
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_strange-and-cryptic-question-sorry-for-the-ae?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:eff5f159-869b-4f34-bfc6-543b887aa44aPost:5b8c4118-7358-4569-851a-00057ac2f6ab">Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE) : The problem is that she is a dog lover, Eagles. Literally. OMG this is so vomit-inducing.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm regretting eating lunch. I'm .5 seconds away from losing it.

Poor dog.
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    This has to be Steffi. There's no way this timing is a coincidence.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_strange-and-cryptic-question-sorry-for-the-ae?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eff5f159-869b-4f34-bfc6-543b887aa44aPost:cc0bad95-b47d-49ca-bb50-7ab93fa94b33">Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE)</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, she is marrying her dog. Well, I wouldn't attend. Cos that's insane. Literally, you need to talk with her family, maybe her parents or sister, and tell them that the <strong>Soon-to-be-Mrs. Labrador </strong>needs to see a professional. And also, if she is in a 'relationship' with the dog (and yes, I'm talking about dog/human sex here), then you need to call animal control to get the dog removed from her home. I can't believe you asked if you should attend.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]
    I nearly spit my water out on that one.<div>
    </div><div>Seriously, OP, I hope this is MUD. This is just nuts. You know what the right answer is & you know what you should do. Do it.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_strange-and-cryptic-question-sorry-for-the-ae?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eff5f159-869b-4f34-bfc6-543b887aa44aPost:9b1d0c3c-9501-4197-bc44-10e19d45ec7b">Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE) : Oh BARF.  I mean OP, because she's like "Should I leave the dog in this situation with my mentally ill cousin and a jar of Skippy???"
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]
    OMG NO.

I think that's the thing I'm having more difficulty believing.  Not the bestiality part (ugh ugh UGH) but the fact that someone actually is asking a board of internet strangers what they should do. 

I'm also really doubting that everyone in the family is saying "live and let live."  This person is trying to have SEX with a DOG.  "Live and let live" does not apply in this situation!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I am with Stacks. This could definitely be real. "Zoophilia" is a recognized sexual fetish. Yes, it's gross and illegal, but it's entirely plausible that someone, somewhere, has a cousin with this paricular fetish. That said, it's still animal abuse, so OP still needs to call the authorities ASAP to protect that poor dog. Also, OP, you may want to give her employer an anonymous warning. Allowing her to work with dogs on a daily basis is just as risky as allowing a pedophile to work in a kindergarten. ETA: OP, THIS IS A FELONY FOR A REASON! Seriously, if your cousin was abusing a child, would you be questioning whether or not to call the authorities right now? A dog is just as vulnerable. In fact, a dog is even more vulnerable because it can't ask for help. Please stop worrying about your whackjob cousin's criminal record and do the right GD thing for her VICTIM.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_strange-and-cryptic-question-sorry-for-the-ae?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:eff5f159-869b-4f34-bfc6-543b887aa44aPost:9ed8f5d5-bab1-4790-84fb-f7151d021934">Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE) : Just stop.  Call the fucking authorities and get off TK. 

Or steal the dog.  Shiiit.
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_strange-and-cryptic-question-sorry-for-the-ae?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:eff5f159-869b-4f34-bfc6-543b887aa44aPost:f5051b06-50de-41ed-a71c-5f348e2a7584">Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apparently if this happened before 2006 she would've been in the clear as far as the legal part goes but it's a class C felony. She would have to plea insanity which is really tough to prove isn't it? She'd have to have prior records of insane acts and have been diagnosed by a psychiatrist before she's reported?
    Posted by StrangeAEdilema[/QUOTE]

Please just report her. Have you ever had a dog? Think of someone trying to literally marry your dog. It's totally asinine to try and even grasp this concept. I can honestly tell you if I, IRL, ever came in contact with this would have no qualms about reporting it to the FULLEST extent of the law.
  • Options
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_strange-and-cryptic-question-sorry-for-the-ae?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eff5f159-869b-4f34-bfc6-543b887aa44aPost:cc5dffa5-2e06-4323-84ec-32516368e4b2">Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE) : I just feel so bad for her though. Why do I have to be the one to do it? Why isn't someone else like her sister doing something about it!? Kind of makes me mad
    Posted by StrangeAEdilema[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Because someone needs to nut up and do it. You do it because you're concerned. FFS, just call. 

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_strange-and-cryptic-question-sorry-for-the-ae?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eff5f159-869b-4f34-bfc6-543b887aa44aPost:cc5dffa5-2e06-4323-84ec-32516368e4b2">Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE) : I just feel so bad for her though. Why do I have to be the one to do it? Why isn't someone else like her sister doing something about it!? Kind of makes me mad

Apparently if you don't no one else will?  Man-up.  Er, woman-up?  I don't know.  Don't just sit back like a fool.

I'm glad I haven't eaten lunch yet.  This entire thread is puke inducing.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Strange and cryptic question sorry for the AE:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Strange and cryptic question sorry for the AE:In Response to Re: Strange and cryptic question sorry for the AE : Please just report her. Have you ever had a dog? Think of someone trying to literally marry your dog. It's totally asinine to try and even grasp this concept. I can honestly tell you if I, IRL, ever came in contact with this would have no qualms about reporting it to the FULLEST extent of the law.Posted by heb557I just feel so bad for her though. Why do I have to be the one to do it? Why isn't someone else like her sister doing something about it!? Kind of makes me mad Posted by StrangeAEdilema[/QUOTE]

I am sorry you are "mad" about having to be the only decent fvcking human being in this entire situation, but man the fvck up and do it instead of wringing your hands and whining about it.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    OP, they probably aren't doing it because it can be hard to feel like you're getting someone in trouble. Just remember that it needs to be done and do it real quick. Be the bigger person! 
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_strange-and-cryptic-question-sorry-for-the-ae?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:eff5f159-869b-4f34-bfc6-543b887aa44aPost:cc5dffa5-2e06-4323-84ec-32516368e4b2">Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE)</a>:

So if she was killing dogs would you still feel the same way? It's wrong that's why you do it. If her family doesn't think it's wrong they are probably missing the same gene she is.
  • Options
    Because according to you the rest of your family members apparently see nothing wrong with animal sexual abuse.  And as difficult as I find that to believe, unfortunately that leaves you, as the only person who apparently has sense and morals, to call the authorities.  Or steal the dog.  DO SOMETHING.  Who givesafuck if it's fair?  This is an animal being sexually abused.  I don't know how you could live with yourself NOT doing something.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to Re:Strange and cryptic question sorry for the AE:I want to know who agreed to perform the ceremony.nbsp; Posted by Holly4212011 My guess is that if the cousin is this open about her lifestyle, she's probably part of a fetish community with others who share her "preferences," and one of them is performing the ceremony.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
  • Options
    Is it confirmed that she's having sexual relations with the dog?  You can't just make a claim like that with no evidence.  And if someone wants to have a marriage ceremony to a dog, the police aren't going to stop it.  Having a bizarre wedding that has no legal standing is not a crime, as far as I know.  Beastiality is a crime, yes.  But can you prove that?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Strange and cryptic question sorry for the AE:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Strange and cryptic question sorry for the AE:In Response to Re: Strange and cryptic question sorry for the AE : Because according to you the rest of your family members apparently see nothing wrong with animal sexual abuse.nbsp; And as difficult as I find that to believe, unfortunately that leaves you, as the only person who apparently has sense and morals, to call the authorities.nbsp; Or steal the dog.nbsp; DO SOMETHING.nbsp; Who givesafuck if it's fair?nbsp; This is an animal being sexually abused.nbsp; I don't know how you could live with yourself NOT doing something.Posted by baystateappleThis is very true. I will call the authorities and do my best to get her the help she needs. Sorry if I seem dense to you guys but I just never thought I'd be able to report a loved one to the police. I was always brought up to have eachothers backs so this is pretty scary for me. Posted by StrangeAEdilema[/QUOTE]

Calling the authorities IS "having her back," in a much more meaningful way than those who are covering for her. She needs intervention to realize that what she's doing is abusive, and that's what you are getting for her. It sucks that this is the only way for you to help her, but its obvious she's well past the point where a friendly chat would so the trick.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
  • Options
    hellebhelleb member
    If she is having a ceremony between herself and an animal then that's her choice. 

Everyone keeps saying call the authorities but they can't legally do anything unless she isn't meeting her basic needs or unless she is a threat to herself or others.  They cannot require or mandate a mental health screening unless she meets one of those criteria.  Nor would they be able to qualify her under animal cruelty unless she is having intercourse with the animal (depending on your state).  I am assuming if she loves this animal enough to have a ceremony for the two of them that she loves the creature enough to take care of it, so the other factor -- depending on your state -- would be the only thing that MAY be an issue.

This is a family matter.  If her family believes she needs mental health screenings then they need to talk to her about it but if she is over the age of 18 it is her choice.  The police will say the same so don't waste their time.  The most they would do is agree to have some type of county worker meet with her to discuss her options, IF SHE IS WILLING.

Also, it would not be legal but there are people out there who would perform a ceremony for them.  No marriage license but a commitment ceremony is much different.  They would be able to customize this to fit their needs.

I say live and let live as long as no one is getting hurt.  So really this is just something that in our culture is an anomaly but isn't against the law.  PLUS its all based on a RUMOR.  If you were truly so close to your cousin don't you think you would just show interest in her FI instead of talking to everyone under the sun BUT her?  Don't you think that if you showed interest in her life with her FI that eventually the truth would come out?  I think creating all this drama over a rumor is not showing cousinly affection.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_strange-and-cryptic-question-sorry-for-the-ae?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:eff5f159-869b-4f34-bfc6-543b887aa44aPost:47b1cd3c-5693-44ec-921c-f744ee566b49">Re: Strange and cryptic question (sorry for the AE)</a>:
    [QUOTE]If she is having a ceremony between herself and an animal then that's her choice.  Everyone keeps saying call the authorities but they can't legally do anything unless she isn't meeting her basic needs or unless she is a threat to herself or others.  They cannot require or mandate a mental health screening unless she meets one of those criteria.  Nor would they be able to qualify her under animal cruelty unless she is having intercourse with the animal (depending on your state).  I am assuming if she loves this animal enough to have a ceremony for the two of them that she loves the creature enough to take care of it, so the other factor -- depending on your state -- would be the only thing that MAY be an issue. This is a family matter.  If her family believes she needs mental health screenings then they need to talk to her about it but if she is over the age of 18 it is her choice.  The police will say the same so don't waste their time.  The most they would do is agree to have some type of county worker meet with her to discuss her options, IF SHE IS WILLING. Also, it would not be legal but there are people out there who would perform a ceremony for them.  No marriage license but a commitment ceremony is much different.  They would be able to customize this to fit their needs. I say live and let live as long as no one is getting hurt.  So really this is just something that in our culture is an anomaly but isn't against the law.  PLUS its all based on a RUMOR.  If you were truly so close to your cousin don't you think you would just show interest in her FI instead of talking to everyone under the sun BUT her?  Don't you think that if you showed interest in her life with her FI that eventually the truth would come out?  I think creating all this drama over a rumor is not showing cousinly affection.
    Posted by helleb[/QUOTE]

Where was it stated that this is a rumor? Marriage is between two consenting adults. The dog is neither consenting or an adult, so it fails. FFS are you really arguing the legality of her marrying a dog?!?
  • Options
    To LadyOmnipotent and helleb would you be giving the same responses if OP was talking about rumors that her cousin was having sex with a child? Because this really isn't different.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
  • Options
    Wow. It just gets weirder by the minute.

OP, call the dang authorities. This cousin of yours is as nutty as they come. 
  • Options
    This is seriously the weirdest thing I've ever seen on TK, ever.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's almost as crazy to me that Helleb said, "If you show interest in her life with her FI." I think you mean pet, not FI.
  • Options

Well this was interesting to come back to. Call Animal Control for the love of pete.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_strange-and-cryptic-question-sorry-for-the-ae?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:eff5f159-869b-4f34-bfc6-543b887aa44aPost:66a7563c-fc41-47ea-8c78-cfee58a464ca">Re:Strange and cryptic question sorry for the AE</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Strange and cryptic question sorry for the AE: You're helpful.
    Why the sarcasm?  My questions are practical.  Accusing someone of beastiality is pretty serious if you don't have evidence that it's happening.  The best chance for the dog and her family relations is to have substantiated claims when she picks up that phone. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    Please Dear God, let it be a guy who is just really hairy. My head hurts.
  • Options
    hellebhelleb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_strange-and-cryptic-question-sorry-for-the-ae?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eff5f159-869b-4f34-bfc6-543b887aa44aPost:2d3c6d38-8f64-432f-9fbf-f9ad72297a81">Re:Strange and cryptic question sorry for the AE</a>:
    [QUOTE]To LadyOmnipotent and helleb would you be giving the same responses if OP was talking about rumors that her cousin was having sex with a child? Because this really isn't different.
    Posted by StephBeanWed61502[/QUOTE]

This is definatly different than having sex with a child.  And she DOESNT KNOW even if sex is happening! She said she heard all this THROUGH THE GRAPE VINE which means RUMORS!  This is all based on one post and people are going out of control.  Yes I don't agree with having sex with an animal but she doesn't even know that crime has been committed.  If the crime has been committed then she should call animal control but other than that there is nothing they will do. 

Children can speak and are protected differently than animals.  We have doctors that the county and state are willing to pay to examine children to see if sexual assult or abuse has occured.  If a child is being married off to an adult that is ILLIGAL but if all she is doing is saying I love my animal and I want to have a ceremony saying I love my animal they will just think she is someone mentally ill that they cannot help.  Unless a crime is committed then they cannot do anything about it.  It is not a crime to be mentally ill, it is a crime to hurt yourself or others and neglect yourself --depending on the severity and state. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards