Wedding Etiquette Forum

Addressing STDs

I have two questions about addressing Save the Dates.

I have one aunt and uncle who have 4 children- two over 18 and two under 18- all living at home. My aunt's grandmother is also living in the same house. I intend to send one invite to my aunt and uncle and the two young cousins, one each to the two older cousins, and not invite the grandmother at all.

But I only intend to send a STD to my aunt and uncle "and family" instead of to each person individually. Of course, the grandmother still isn't invited. So how would I address the STD?

Sort of along the same line, if I have a different aunt and uncle with two adult children living at home, can I send one STD to "Aunt and Uncle LastName and Family," then send a second STD to their daughter, because she's in the bridal party and asked for one separate (they're magnets)? Or should I address the first to
 "Aunt and Uncle LastName
Son LastName" 
so it doesn't seem the daughter is being invited twice?

Thank you!

Re: Addressing STDs

• The great thing about Save the Dates is that they are more informal and casual than the actual invitation. Also your family will understand. Wording you could use for the first one could be: Mr. and Mrs. (Last Name) and Children. For the second one (I actually had this exact same situation) could still be to the family. Just send a second one for their daughter, only address to her and a guest if your allowing her to bring one.

Like a said, the good thing about save the dates is that they are a little more informal than the actual invite. You'll want to perfect the wording before then, as long as your not purposely insulting anyone or putting the wrong name (including lasts names!) for anyone you'll be fine!! Good Luck!!! & Congrats!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm with Sparkly - one to a refrigerator.  I don't mind sending my 18 year old cousins their own invites, but they're in college, come home regularly, and are still very much a unit with their parents.

Please do put names on it, though.  "And Family" makes it seem like the live-in grandmother is included, and you could well have hurt feelings when invite time rolls around.  I can't see that inviting the daughter twice would hurt, but this could.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It seems as though, unless your numbers are unbearably tight or you, for some reason, hate this woman, it would be kind to invite your aunt's grandmother who lives with them. Can I ask why you're not?

Also do you know if either of the older children are in relationships currently? I think that if one of them were, I'd send them individual invitations that include their SOs name as well. If they're both single, I think a family STD would be fine.

Lizzie
  • If you do not want to invite the grandmother, I would make sure to put "and children" so that there is no confusion as to who is invited. I don't think the children over 18 need their own STD, but their own invitation would be nice.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards