Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Fears

Yes, I'm a PW this morning.  Oh, well.

Got em?  Share!

Me - #1 - throwing up.  I feel like I'm drowning.  #2 - spiders.  Yikes!  (SarahSmile, please do not post that awful pic you have.  Just.Don't.Do.It.)
DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
Mom to J: 2011
Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485

Re: Fears

• Options
    1. EEEEYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

2. Heights and/or spiders.

3. Clowns
  • Options
    #1 - Worms.

#2 - zombies or anything close to zombies like in I Am Legend

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Infertility- I realize this sounds kind of lame but I really worry about it.
    Cockroaches-I have nightmares
    Throwing up- People always say they feel better once they throw up. Yea, I feel worse.
  • Options
    Alix- whats the deal with your eye fear? Have you always been that way? Do you ever think people have pretty eyes?
  • Options
    Car accidents. I have awful dreams about them and everything.
  • Options
    baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2010
    Lobsters.

ETA: Small spaces.  I'm really claustrophobic.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Deathly afraid of flying (says the girl leaving for her destination wedding in one week via plane)
  • Options
    Yep, always. However, it seems to be getting worse the older I get.

Yes, I can appreciate people with nice eyes, I just get squeamish with them. Like my husband wears contacts and I cannot be in the same room as him when he's putting them in or taking them out. Or when people touch their eyes. Or have lazy eyes. Or if I get something in my eye I FREAK out. Even if I get watery eyes, or if someone else does, it just creeps me out like there's no tomorrow. I don't know what's wrong with me. I just get terrified. I NEVER wear eyeliner and watching me put mascara on his quite hilarious, I'm told.
  • Options

1. Spiders
    2. Dying, just in general.  I have had 2 people pass away close to me in the past couple months, and it has really scared me about dying.  I know it may sound weird.  Maybe its because I don't have a lot of faith, and part of me does not believe you go to a higher place. 

3.heights

• Options
    Heights - i'm scared when i stand up on my countertops to grab something.
    Snakes when i'm in the grass in unknown/weird places.
    Bears when i'm the forest.
    June bugs/pine beetles - shudder.
    Worms, caterpillers, centipedes.. ugh shudder.

Re: throwing up.  i cry everytime i puke.  never fails.  since i was a kid.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Ketchup.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fears?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2ae122c-48ee-4680-94ce-a440c960860cPost:b98cd1e2-8308-4ed5-bb9a-2adee1774c00">Re: Fears</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yep, always. However, it seems to be getting worse the older I get. Yes, I can appreciate people with nice eyes, I just get squeamish with them. Like my husband wears contacts and I cannot be in the same room as him when he's putting them in or taking them out. Or when people touch their eyes. Or have lazy eyes. Or if I get something in my eye I FREAK out. Even if I get watery eyes, or if someone else does, it just creeps me out like there's no tomorrow. I don't know what's wrong with me. I just get terrified. I NEVER wear eyeliner and watching me put mascara on his quite hilarious, I'm told.
    Posted by alixzafiris[/QUOTE]

Haha very interesting. You could not be me, I have lots of eye issues.
  • Options

And trust me I really wish I had that faith, and I envy people who do.

• Options
    1. choking

2. that my sleepwalking is going to cause me serious injury one day
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    Oil wells. It sounds odd, but there are all these weird oil wells in Louisiana that have these arms that pump up and down really slowly. Skeeves me out every time I see one.

Snakes. You couldn't pay me enough money to be in the same room with or touch a snake.

Chopping off the end of my finger with one of my ridiculously sharp chef's knives. My mom gave me a new set of knives for my birthday, and every time I chop vegetables, I get this horrible mental image of accidentally cutting myself and getting blood all over the kitchen.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    Stairs and escalators
    Snakes
    Rollercoasters
    Flying
  • Options
    #1 flying
    #2 bugs/creepy crawly things
    #3 unnecessary pain (not afraid of, just don't like)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    156image 108image 48image RSVP Due 5/18
    New Bio
  • Options
    Beach- I actively suppress those thoughts. It may not be the most psychologically healthy choice, but it's all I've got for now.

Heels- My dogs are right by the door too. I also unplug everything before we leave the house, because I am worried it will burn down and my dogs will die.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fears?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2ae122c-48ee-4680-94ce-a440c960860cPost:c3ab1c33-ed35-49c1-9a74-fa7f0067150c">Re: Fears</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fears : Ew.  I'm not afraid of birds, but they annoy the crap out of me.  We have a ton of birds year-round and I'm always afraid of grilling outside because the damn things swoop down and peck at anything you leave out.
    Posted by T1+T2[/QUOTE]

Seriously, there are no words to explain how petrified I am of birds. I refuse to go in my grandpa's barn because it's full of them. We leave our camper stored there during the winter, along with our seadoos. Mark has to either take someone with him or go alone when we park them/take them home. Also - I'm so afraid that I'll get pooped on by a bird. And when one poops on my window of the car, I go straight to the carwash.
  • Options
    I love birds but in the past year or so I've become scared of them while driving. I think I'm afraid they will swoop into the car (I have a jeep wrangler- no top/ windows) I'm also scared of hitting birds while driving-I always want to swerve to avoid them but I know that would be unsafe.
  • Options
    1) Losing the people I love.
    2) Heigts- I won't even climb to the top of a 5 ft. ladder. Pathetic.
    3)Driving (or riding) in the rain- After spinning out on the interstate and having an uncle die after an accident in the rain, I am a complete basket case until I arrive at my destination.
    4)Spiders- We used to have banana spiders at my childhood home. *shudders*
    5) Locusts- Same as above.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fears?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2ae122c-48ee-4680-94ce-a440c960860cPost:fabb5d52-bf1c-4607-8213-8e8064faca13">Re: Fears</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hershey - one of my BMs bought a really old house several years ago.  Shortly after moving in, they discovered a HUGE bat colony in the attic.  And, apparently it's illegle to kill bats in Kentucky, so they paid an arm and a leg to have humane exit only bat vents put in so that they could get out but not come back.  It took forever.  (I think her husband used to get really frustrated and go up and swing at the bats with a broom.  He may or may not have connected with a few like baseballs.  Which may or may not have speeded the "no more bats!" process.)
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

Ahhh!!  That would freak me out. 
  • Options
    I'm not afraid of heights, but I'm afraid of falling.  Does that make sense?  I cling to the banister while walking down stairs, and I worry that my pants are going to get stuck in escalators (I jump off the last step).

I'm not afraid of spiders, but I HATE them, they must die.  I am still paying hospital bills for the brown recluse bits I got.

I get really freaked out about fngernails.  As in, them getting pulled off.  The horror movie stuff where victims try to scratch their way out, and people find bloody scratches and torn off nails. UGH.

I'm really afraid of falling through ice and getting stuck under it. GAH.  I've got the heebs just thinking about it.  I won't go out on ice, regardless of the time of year or how thick you say it is.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

• Options
    I'm with coco on the fear of parenthood thing. SO many things to screw up I'm afraid I can't handle it. All that fear and constantly having to worry about another person all. the. time. Childbirth is the easy part in my mind!

I have a crazy fear of car accidents, particularly firey ones or driving off a bridge. I can handle (somewhat) the smaller bridges over the river in Chicago if I'm not stuck on one for too long, but I'm having a fit thinking about driving over the golden gate or whatever bridge we have to drive over to get to Napa in two weeks...
  • Options
    I with Alix.... I HATE CLOWNS!!!  They just freak me out...
  • Options
    Snakes. Can't stand them.

I can skeeve a couple of you out and tell you about the shot of steroids into my eye (well, into the lower lid) that I've had a couple of times.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fears?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2ae122c-48ee-4680-94ce-a440c960860cPost:72a46380-20c7-4045-a6bd-9f535a41614d">Re: Fears</a>:
    [QUOTE]Snakes. Can't stand them. I can skeeve a couple of you out and tell you about the shot of steroids into my eye (well, into the lower lid) that I've had a couple of times.
    Posted by sarabellam[/QUOTE]

<div>Yep, you made me cry. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fears?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2ae122c-48ee-4680-94ce-a440c960860cPost:72a46380-20c7-4045-a6bd-9f535a41614d">Re: Fears</a>:
    [QUOTE]Snakes. Can't stand them. I can skeeve a couple of you out and tell you about the shot of steroids into my eye (well, into the lower lid) that I've had a couple of times.
    Posted by sarabellam[/QUOTE]

Or the plugs I've had inserted in my tear ducts...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards