Wedding Etiquette Forum

wedding thank you card timing???

How long do I have to get my wedding thank you's out?  It's been 45 days since my wedding

Re: wedding thank you card timing???

• I'd get them out ASAP if I were you. I don't think most people expect to get a TY note like a week after the wedding or anything, but if it got past a month, as a guest, I'd start getting pearl clutchy about it.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • You should have done this already, in my opinion.  I would make it top priority!
  • ok, thanks ladies!  I ordered our thank you's with a custom picture that my photographer took so hopefully people will take that into consideration when they receive them a little later than usual! :)
  • [QUOTE]ok, thanks ladies!  I ordered our thank you's with a custom picture that my photographer took so hopefully people will take that into consideration when they receive them a little later than usual! :)
    Posted by mblaquiere[/QUOTE]
    I agree with the PPs that it's getting pretty late.  We did a custom photo card, but I was concerned about getting our TYs out right away, so we had a friend take the photo for our card.  That way it was ready the day after the wedding, and we could start on the cards as soon as we wanted.
    <em>
    (I know it's a bit late for the OP to consider that, but for anyone else in the same boat...)</em>
  • I would get as prepared as possible in the mean time.  Do you have a comprehensive list of what you got from whom?  Do you have addresses organized? Get all that ready because people may not even know you got their gifts.

Also, light a fire under your photographer for this particular component.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • its moot now, but folks really shouldnt delay thank yous for the sole reason of waitng for a photo card.  id much rather have a timely thank you and know my gift was received/enjoyed than wait for a card with a photo that i'm going to toss anyway.
  • edited November 2010
    It's been 24 days since my wedding and all of mine are out. Like PPs said, the key thought here is ASAP.

When I got to a wedding I usually start to wonder where my TY note is after about 2 months.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Honestly, as a guest I think it's a really narcissistic excuse when a couple says that the reason their TY notes weren't prompt is because they were incomplete without a photo of the two of them.

And if you received any gifts before the wedding, those TY note are EXTREMELY late.

I'd get on them right now.
  • i gave a couple a gift in August, they married in September, its now november 3 and i still dont have a thank you note.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards