Good Morning!

13»

Re: Good Morning!

• Options
    Ew, OWN.  The kids or you or everyone?  That sucks :(
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    And can you just imagine going to work everyday (aka waking up and walking into your living room) and nobody can talk back to you or treat you rudely?  No matter what you do, you'll definitely get a tail wag and butt wiggle from your "clients."

OWN - that is awful.  Lice are awful.  I worked at a Bible Camp and remember quite vividly boiling hair brushes and doing massive amounts of laundry.  ::shudder::
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ohwhynotohwhynot member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010

It SUCKS.  There is a huge infestation in the school and you know damn well that a lot of these lazyass parents are NOT doing what they should be to get rid of the things.  

So far, it's just my son.  Poor kid feels really embarassed, even though at least 4 of his good friends have them, too.  I treated the entire family last night and this morning and we are now in the process of laundering/high heat drying everything their heads touched and spraying down furniture.  

My daughter had one live louse on her last night (that's how we found out about it), but upon treatment she didn't have any others and I didn't see any nits, either.   But after treatment I combed a number (ew god ew god ew god) of dead or dying lice out of son's hair.  

I really want to run around in circles flailing my arms, but I have to be all grown up about it.  

• Options
    Awwww, TR. Pretty peeeekchur.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Eww eww eww eww eww eww eww.  I managed to make it through all the lice outbreaks growing up without ever getting them, but that's one thing about having children I'm not looking forward to.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-140?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4199ccc-1c93-447e-ac6b-28772e27acdaPost:b8e86add-33c1-4e69-9783-fdb9ab0fa5f9">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awwww, TR. Pretty peeeekchur.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]
    <p> </p><p>Wow, yes,  DITTO.</p><p> </p><p>Also, huge ditto on how much snow SUCKS.  I hate it.  I hate scraping it off my car, shoveling it, having to dig out from the plows, having to change soaking coats and mittens.  I hate it.  </p>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-140?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4199ccc-1c93-447e-ac6b-28772e27acdaPost:e28c8c49-699e-4401-a2e0-ae887ec879c3">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really want to run around in circles flailing my arms, but I have to be all grown up about it.  
    Posted by ohwhynot[/QUOTE]

I think this is one of the parts about parenting I'm not ready for yet. Just because they're on your kids doesn't suddenly make some gross, creepy bugs less gross and creepy. I'm sorry :(
  • Options
    I think no matter how grown up I get, I'd still do some arm flailing. ;)

And YES! Poor Scott was out shovelling snow last night until 10:30 or 11:00. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

And we're gonna get hit again this weekend it looks like. Fantastic.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-140?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4199ccc-1c93-447e-ac6b-28772e27acdaPost:2c0ff2b8-c964-4afa-82ee-efedce7f3c88">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think no matter how grown up I get, I'd still do some arm flailing. ;) And YES! Poor Scott was out shovelling snow last night until 10:30 or 11:00. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. And we're gonna get hit again this weekend it looks like. Fantastic.

How many inches do you have (that's what she said)?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-140?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4199ccc-1c93-447e-ac6b-28772e27acdaPost:0eca4304-a7b2-42b5-aecd-c379cbc1ab4b">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : Aw.....my parents have a collie/border collie and border collie/husky/shephard. Does yours with the husky have crazy blue eyes?
    Posted by tiffbot1985[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I ran away. No, they both have dark eyes.
  • Options
    OOOHHHH, I think we technically only got like 2.5 inches, but you'd be amazed what a little Fargo wind can do for snow drifts. I couldn't get my car in the garage last night. I'd say the drift in our driveway was 3 feet?

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Ugh, I just sent an e-mail about someone TO that person. Someone asked for a recommendation for painters, and I typed the name of the guy we used into the "to" field so his e-mail address would pop up so I could give it to her...and then forgot to erase him. Luckily it was almost all good - I said that literally the only slight negative was that the project took 3 days instead of 2, but that happens with every house project ever, so it wasn't a problem at all - but I still feel embarassed.
  • Options
    We have just enough to turn the grass and stuff white'ish.  We're supposed to get more today, and tomorrow... and early next week.

I have to go make soup - turkey soup :)
  • Options
    pinkpinotpinkpinot member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-140?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4199ccc-1c93-447e-ac6b-28772e27acdaPost:5f2a5e73-ee87-44ae-af45-9871a924f61f">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]OOOHHHH, I think we technically only got like 2.5 inches, but you'd be amazed what a little Fargo wind can do for snow drifts. I couldn't get my car in the garage last night. I'd say the drift in our driveway was 3 feet?

Oh my gosh, that is some intense wind. 

Emily - that is the story of my life!  At least it was a mostly positive e-mail :-0
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    emilyinchileemilyinchile member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    I know, thank god. I am distracted today obviously though because I often put type someone's name to get their e-mail, and I've never just left them there before. I think I need more sleep.

ETA: I "often put type"? Umm yeah, definitely distracted.
  • Options
    Yuck on the Lice! Luckily neither my sister, brother, or I had it growing up. I hear there are some out there that are resistant to the normal treatments.

Emily - that's a bummer, at least it was mostly good. One of my co-worker's last name is Frank, and we have a client who's first name is Frank. Whenever I email my co-worker and type Frank into the to: field, I have to make sure I choose the right one. I've sent too many emails to client Frank asking about menus and pricing. I think at this point if he doesn't understand the email he just ignores it. It drives me crazy. I will not hear anything from co-worker Frank and I'll ask why he hasn't responded to my email and questions and he never got it because I sent it to client Frank instead.
  • Options
    I'm going to put myself on the hating snow wagon.  I want to move so bad.  And Beefy got his staples out - yay!  I really should go fill my prescription, but I don't want to go back outside. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Snow is the worst thing ever. I grew up in Florida and was super excited about snow when I moved to DC, but after two winters I am OVER IT.

Also, there is a tornado warning for the DC area? I had no idea. Hopefully it goes away before I have to walk home at six!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards