Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Is this fonked up to you?

So this girl in my program is ALWAYS sick on test days. She misses the tests. She is well on the days leading up to and after the tests and does not miss those days. She brings a DR's excuse and is excused and allowed to take the missed tests. Now, this girl is in perfect shape. She is very muscular, I KNOW she works out and isn't sickly. She has even mentioned to us before that she will skip day if she is not prepared for a test. I just wonder how the hell this is fair for her to be able to retake missed tests. I understand once or twice, but every time?

Re: Is this fonked up to you?

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Thats not fair, i should think after missing one or two tests it would be investigated. Thats not fair to the other students who are accountable for their attendance. Id totally rat her out for having said that, but im a bitch like that.
  • Options
    No, it's not fair, but life isn't fair. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • Options
    I am thinking about it but she has Dr's excuses. I am guessing she knows someone?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-fonked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4f1eb5f-a358-48c6-a3af-13e2e507a50dPost:d5c32860-4ad6-4b5f-ab0b-a6dd298adec5">Re: Is this fonked up to you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, it's not fair, but life isn't fair. 
    Posted by luckyme502[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the great insight lol.
  • Options
    She must be related to my coworker.  She's called in at least once on ever 2 week schedule.  She may actually be sick, though, because she eats like shiit, gets no good nutrition (cause veggies are icky...), and is supposedly clinically depressed.  As long as she produces a doctor's note for missing more than 3 consecutive shifts, she can't be fired.  Gotta love the union sometimes.

I hate that type of person.  Either quit and get the help you desperately need, or buck up and deal with it on your own.

Have the profs caught on to her scheme?
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I think a doctors excuse would be questioned if it was a known fact that someone would willingly find a way out of a test if unprepared. I want to kick this girl. I hope she knows shiit like that doesnt fly in the workplace.
  • Options
    That is uncool, and really annoying for everyone else who doesn't do it. I think the fact that she tells people she will do this indicates that she expects to get away with it and isn't likely to change. Maybe she has test anxiety or something, but there are arrangements you can work out ahead of time if that's really the case.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-fonked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4f1eb5f-a358-48c6-a3af-13e2e507a50dPost:03d06903-5d69-4c22-b5df-b9eb815d9c29">Re: Is this fonked up to you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is this fonked up to you? : Thanks for the great insight lol.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

Well, you wanted to know if it was fonked up, it is, but there isn't much you can do about it.  That is just the way it is, and in my experience there will always be a person like that around. 

2011 Reading Challenge

hide
  • Options
    It's sad that she takes the time to get a doctor's note instead of studying for the FUUCKING TEST.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-fonked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4f1eb5f-a358-48c6-a3af-13e2e507a50dPost:d5c32860-4ad6-4b5f-ab0b-a6dd298adec5">Re: Is this fonked up to you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, it's not fair, but life isn't fair. 

Funny, now that you've said that I read your sn differently, and with an air of melancholy. Or sarcasm.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-fonked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4f1eb5f-a358-48c6-a3af-13e2e507a50dPost:cfd1d3ff-1482-4d4f-be96-85c9047a9e5a">Re: Is this fonked up to you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]She must be related to my coworker.  She's called in at least once on ever 2 week schedule.  She may actually be sick, though, because she eats like shiit, gets no good nutrition (cause veggies are icky...), and is supposedly clinically depressed.  As long as she produces a doctor's note for missing more than 3 consecutive shifts, she can't be fired.  Gotta love the union sometimes. I hate that type of person.  Either quit and get the help you desperately need, or buck up and deal with it on your own. Have the profs caught on to her scheme?
    Posted by mocha beans[/QUOTE]

NO! They have not caught on or they don't care. This is the second semester she has done this. Last semester, I had to her as a partner for a vitamins presentation and I did the whole thing myself. She's nice, but she doesn't give afuck about the program.
  • Options
    What if she has some kind of stress-related issue and having a test triggers that?

Or maybe she's allergic to thinking too hard.
  • Options
    As long as she has a doctor's excuse and the syllabus doesn't list in advance the number of whatevers can be excused that way, I don't know what you could do.  Or the professor, really.  At my school, the prof could have brought her before the university judicial board, but the syllabus and the doctor's excuses would have been about it.  We would have validated the excuses with the doctor's office, but assuming that they're not fradulent and said she was not to return to class until a later date, our hands would have been tied. 

Definitely shady, though.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options

God that would piss me off, immensely.  It's one thing I despised about group projects, seemingly always being stuck with the person/people who don't really care that much.

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    Its going to bite her in the ass further down the road career wise. It will catch up with her. It will make her look really bad on the job if she cant remember anything she was supposed to have learned for her credentials.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-fonked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4f1eb5f-a358-48c6-a3af-13e2e507a50dPost:f63221db-c2a9-417a-9c18-7cfeb54d09d3">Re: Is this fonked up to you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is this fonked up to you? : Well, you wanted to know if it was fonked up, it is, but there isn't much you can do about it.  That is just the way it is, and in my experience there will always be a person like that around. 

Yes, I know life isn't fair. I know this very well, but you could have come up with a little better advice than a cliche comment, no?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-fonked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4f1eb5f-a358-48c6-a3af-13e2e507a50dPost:86bf6579-489f-4bf1-a0e4-a8fd1803f3a0">Re: Is this fonked up to you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What if she has some kind of stress-related issue and having a test triggers that?<strong> Or maybe she's allergic to thinking too hard</strong>.
    Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]

Hahaha I might love you!
  • Options

Mocha -Our whole program is about group work and being a team player. Go figure that nutrition is about being a team player?

Nebb- I am hoping this kind of lessens her chances of getting an internship. They only pick the best of the best.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-fonked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4f1eb5f-a358-48c6-a3af-13e2e507a50dPost:e90468a2-fd3e-4e95-b359-64d107fd31f8">Re: Is this fonked up to you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Its going to bite her in the ass further down the road career wise. It will catch up with her. It will make her look really bad on the job if she cant remember anything she was supposed to have learned for her credentials.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

This exactly. Ricks, that would piss me off if it affected me personally, like you and your vitamins presentation. You are always within your rights as a fellow student/colleague of hers to share concerns you might have about her wellbeing to people who might be able to monitor her better. Not tattling, but voicing your concerns at her absences (even if that's not the case, it sounds a lot better and then she'll get on their radar a bit more).

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-fonked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4f1eb5f-a358-48c6-a3af-13e2e507a50dPost:47caff96-d936-40b4-b0d4-6fdf4e469bab">Re: Is this fonked up to you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is this fonked up to you? : Funny, now that you've said that I read your sn differently, and with an air of melancholy. Or sarcasm.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

Oh, don't do that!  I feel really lucky all the time!  This has nothing to do with the OP, but I find that when I encounter people or situations like this one I just remind myself that I just have to worry about me and that if more people just worried about themselves and not everyone around them the world would be a happier place!  It sounds so immature to me, she gets to do this, but I don't it's not fair or she gets to spend 75k on her wedding and I don't.  It makes me think of my 3 year old niece stamping her little foot telling me it's not fair that she has a bedtime and I don't. 

I'm happier (than I was before) because I just think of how lucky and blessed I am in my own life. 

2011 Reading Challenge

hide
  • Options
    I might have to say something. It's just redic. I have never encountered this before. Just change majors if you can't handle the work load!
  • Options
    This is so annoying.  I can understand once or twice but that is rediculous.  A teacher today left early because she was having a bad day.  I can't believe anyone would use this as an excuse but she did and just left and got a sub.  It pissed me off beyond belief.  Everyone has bad days suck it up.  (also this teacher is out all the time)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-fonked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4f1eb5f-a358-48c6-a3af-13e2e507a50dPost:2851a17a-8f05-4ed1-b7a6-90fd3b13af97">Re: Is this fonked up to you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is this fonked up to you? : Yes, I know life isn't fair. I know this very well, but you could have come up with a little better advice than a cliche comment, no?
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

Sometimes simple and to the point is best.  Why take extra words to state a simple thing? 

2011 Reading Challenge

hide
  • Options
    Ricks- I know so many people that have used friends to get Dr's pads to write their own excuses. or just have friends in a DR office that can just give it to them. Do you know if the note is always from the same DR or from different DRs.

PS. I know someone like this, so it doesn't surprise me.

I had an aquaintence in undergrad that faked the paperwork for a chronic illness to avoid going to classes and taking tests on time.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-fonked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4f1eb5f-a358-48c6-a3af-13e2e507a50dPost:47e52aa0-eb5e-4104-b0e6-512d3cd90d2d">Re: Is this fonked up to you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is this fonked up to you? : Oh, don't do that!  I feel really lucky all the time!  This has nothing to do with the OP, but I find that when I encounter people or situations like this one I just remind myself that I just have to worry about me and that if more people just worried about themselves and not everyone around them the world would be a happier place!  It sounds so immature to me, she gets to do this, but I don't it's not fair or she gets to spend 75k on her wedding and I don't.  It makes me think of my 3 year old niece stamping her little foot telling me it's not fair that she has a bedtime and I don't.  I'm happier (than I was before) because I just think of how lucky and blessed I am in my own life. 

Sometimes people's actions DO affect you directly. It would be nice to go through life just ignoring things but sometimes you can't. Like I said, we work in groups and this girl has already burned me once.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-fonked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4f1eb5f-a358-48c6-a3af-13e2e507a50dPost:3a618222-74b1-4575-8325-17de38f18606">Re: Is this fonked up to you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is this fonked up to you? : Sometimes simple and to the point is best.  Why take extra words to state a simple thing? 

Okay. You are not helping. Read the rest of my thread and then comment.
  • Options
    It seems like the professor would be noticing this pattern.

It sucks, but there's nothing you can really do about it. Sorry, Ang. :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-fonked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4f1eb5f-a358-48c6-a3af-13e2e507a50dPost:7793005e-bacd-4dbc-abc2-037fd113269d">Re: Is this fonked up to you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ricks- I know so many people that have used friends to get Dr's pads to write their own excuses. or just have friends in a DR office that can just give it to them. Do you know if the note is always from the same DR or from different DRs. PS. I know someone like this, so it doesn't surprise me. I had an aquaintence in undergrad that faked the paperwork for a chronic illness to avoid going to classes and taking tests on time.
    Posted by mags0607[/QUOTE]

No I don't know for sure :( I would love to just ignore it but I don't want to get stuck on another project with this girl again and she should not be allowed to retake tests that the rest of us have to take on schedule. She's starting to piss a bunch of people off.

• Options
    Yeah Jess I am thinking tattling won't be cool either. I swear if I get stuck with her again I will just freak lol!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-fonked-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f4f1eb5f-a358-48c6-a3af-13e2e507a50dPost:44895e36-ab78-4519-8725-aef74aaa8a9d">Re: Is this fonked up to you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is so annoying.  I can understand once or twice but that is rediculous.  A teacher today left early because she was having a bad day.  I can't believe anyone would use this as an excuse but she did and just left and got a sub.  It pissed me off beyond belief.  Everyone has bad days suck it up.  (also this teacher is out all the time)
    Posted by jamiefour[/QUOTE]

Eh, it's her time and unless her absence affects you, what does it matter? 

I've had to take a half day once a month for OB appts.  Starting in 2 weeks, my appointments become every 2 weeks.  It sucks that I miss seeing my kids, but I make sure that they're caught up and in good shape.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards