North Carolina
Options

Do Not Use

Hi Guys - I just got back from my wedding and have a huge warning for all future brides:DO NOT USE 1st CAROLINA DJs.  They did not show up at all for the reception.  My in-laws and sisters went out and bought a stereo system and CDs - so everything worked out.  I'm still completely livid.

Re: Do Not Use

• Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Holy crap! Im soo sorry! Im glad your family was able to quickly improvise! Did you pre-pay? thank you for the warning! Aside from that , I do hope that your wedding day was wonderful! :) Congrats on being Married :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    holy smokes. that's bad.
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Their reviews on the BBB are horrid looking. . I would file another complaint against them
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    birdcagebridebirdcagebride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    holy sh*t are you serious?!?! Man, I am so sorry that that happened to you. That's really awful. Have you gotten in contact with them yet to find out what the f*ck happened?!? Sorry for all of the ***'s but I'm livid for you.
    My Blog - My Bio - NC Bride Bio - Pro Video

Photo by Evoke Photography
    image imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG! I'm sooo sorry! I'm super glad things worked out in the end for you and your day wasn't a disaster bc of it!  Thanks for warning those still looking for DJs.
  • Options
    LBM7189LBM7189 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!!! That is HORRIBLE!! I hope that all worked out in the end, and Sue em'!
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG!  That is my biggest fear.  I'm glad to know that everything worked out in the end.  Have you gotten in contact with them?  What happened?  They have more than one dj, don't they?  I hope that the rest of your wedding went well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    um that's terrible....i think someone is suppose to be using them next weekend, hope she sees this!
  • Options
    grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Allison is - and I was saving my review until after hers because I didn't want to cause her any trouble.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These guys are total douchebags. Honestly. I've only ever seen one good review of them and maybe one moderately good review. Future brides, avoid them at all costs...seriously.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nicole, I'm extremely sorry that happened to you. I hope you had an amazing wedding day despite this.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is beyond terrible! I would definitely file a complaint with the BBB. Since they do have multiple DJs, I would also try to contact the company & see what they have to say for themselves.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm soooo sorry this happened to you.  I came very close to using them but they were so wishy washy I decided to go w/someone else.  I cannot believe they would do that.  Please make sure you guys post reviews on these guys...Melissa, can we elect to have a vendor removed from the bride bio so future brides wouldn't have to go through this?
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is horrible.  I would go crazy on them.  I would definitely go after them if you paid anything.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DELETED. If anyone ever comes on here asking about them, I'm sure I won't be the first to raise hell about it. No girl should have to go through that on their wedding day. Grace what happened at your wedding???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah Grace - what did they do at yours that made you want to withold a review?And are we sure that the best course of action is to delete them from the NC Bride Bio?  Shouldn't we have all of their negative reviews out there for everyone to see?  To me that seems like a better option than not having them listed at all, I wouldn't want someone to think that no one here had used them before and they might be ok.Kind of like, if you want to write someone out of your will, you leave them $20 instead of $0, that way they can't go to court and say that you accidentally forgot them.  Make sense?
  • Options
    grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The reason I was withholding my review is because Allison's wedding is on Oct. 31st and I know that Kyle and/or people for Kyle read the reviews on here.  He has emailed me before, after I posted something on here, with details that are specific to my post.  Also, he told me at our meeting that he has people who tell him when something negative is posted on here.  I didn't want to negatively impact Allison's wedding by posting a bad review, and she and I talked about it off here and decided we should both wait until after her wedding. Here is what happened - they were really, really difficult to get a hold of.  I called multiple times, no return calls were made and no one picked up.  I emailed, no emails were responded to.  Finally, after complaining on here and stating I was considering hiring someone else, I got them on the phone.  We met in person, the meeting was great.  Thought it was just going to be fine.  The wedding - they arrived 1 hour and 45 minutes late.  They said they would be there at 2pm to set up - they were there at 3:45 - our ceremony started at 4 and the last thing I wanted was people seeing them set up.  Luckily, we hadn't contracted with them for the ceremony.  I called on the day and my sister's boyfriend called multiple times to try and find out where they were.  They eventually called back and said they thought they were to be there at 5?!  That's when the reception was scheduled to start.They have a must-play feature online so we can select all the music.  They barely played anything I had chosen besides the main songs, and totally took it upon themselves to play pretty much all dance music the whole time.  My DH is a HUGE music person, and we had taken a lot of care to pick music and they didn't represent us at all.  Yes, people danced, but not that many, and they played songs we didn't want.  They only played one slow song (besides our first dance) because I had to have someone go ask them to please, please play one.  I had added songs that were special to both my sisters, us, and other family members that were never played because they didn't at all pay attention to our list.  They were, by far, the most disappointing part of my wedding day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    grace, you are one classy woman is all i can say.. with one lucky husband...you tell him andrea said that...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow oh wow!!!! i am soooo sorry you ladies had to go through this. it is indeed one of my biggest fears. our ceremony is going to be very short and sweet so most of the entire wedding is going to be about the reception and i have not been able to find a DJ yet that i am confident in using. ugh
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well it's our bio and we can do whatever we want with it. Deleting them was my first instinct when I first responded to this post. But I didn't for the very same reason you are proposing here. The purpose of the bio is to list the cream of the crop vendors that we use and have experience with. I think utilizing other review sites such as citysearch would reach a larger amount of people. Utilizing BBB is also a great way to go about this. If I were you I'd want them to know I was upset with their services/why the heck didn't you show up to my wedding??? From past experience with other brides, I would expect him to be contacting you anyways. To the original poster, please keep us updated. You deserve answers!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards