Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

engagement party question

2»

Re: engagement party question

• Options
    Bulma5400 said:
    I see this is an old post... but I couldn't help but comment. I hope you did whatever YOU wanted to do and didn't listen to any of these other people's advice on proper etiquette. I paid for a dinner of less than 20 people and called it an engagement party. The majority of people bought items off our registry or gave us money. But perhaps the nicest gift I received from doing so... was my mother-in-law paying for the entire party WITHOUT me knowing until the day of when the restaurant refused to take my check. So... in a way... it was like they threw it for us. But, I still would've paid for it anyway if they didn't. This goes without saying... but... DO WHATEVER MAKES YOU HAPPY. You only have one life to live. Thank the people who go out of their way to give you something... congratulate you... or say a kind word or two. Disregard the people who THINK they know everything about everything OR try to make you feel bad for doing something they didn't think to do for themselves.
    This is what you sound like:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Also @KnotPorscha zombie thread, please close.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Not only did she bump an old post, she triple posted the same horrible advice in it.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Have your family and friends over for a get together without calling it an engagement party. My fiancé and I had a dinner with our moms and his grandmother the weekend after we got engaged to celebrate but we didn't call it an engagement party. As for gift giving - we did have an e-party thrown for us by my MOH. We requested that she asked people not to bring gifts and they honoured that request. The party was at a local restaurant and not at her house.
  • Options
    @Bulma5400‌ Three years! This post is over three years old! Do you think the OP might be long married by now?
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    What is it about "Yay!  We are hosting are own engagement party!" posts today?  There are two more over on the Just Engaged board, one with a DD.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards