Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Share your fb atrocities - mostly so I can share mine...

A high school acquantance of mine is a fb friend, and lately I've been wanting to delete her but had to stick around to see the wedding photos that resulted from all these absurd postings.

Here are some in no particular order, except capped off by the invite and the thank you note:

"anyone aho wants an invite to my wedding please contact me somehow to make sure I have your address"
"I need to know who is coming to my wedding so I can figure out the seating and food. "
"dont forget to rsvp if you got your invite and are coming, you still have three months to decide"
"got my first batch of invites in the mail. Does anyone know where I could get a wedding cake for between 50 and 100? also I need to find 2 spring country looking bridesmaids dresses that arent too elaborate and Im having a hard time any suggestions would be nce."
"I think I should have gotten married a long time ago. I feel like the center of attention. My phone has been going crazy for days."
"Love you all, cant wait to see you at my wedding. Everyone has to have fun. And maybe I can get a few of you to dance, since we are going to dance together at least once. Dont worry about how you look, we are all nerdy geeks."
"Hate to keep everyone guessing, but after further inspection, we discovered that the site I wanted to get married at is muddier than ever and crawling with ticks already. So we are movin it indoors."
"Does anyone know a store in the area that sells cheap, pretty, midcalf length, sun dresses. I thought I had my dress for the wedding taken care of, but it appears I got ripped off and I need one fast."
"Had so much fun yesterday. Thank you all for coming to our wedding. I can't wait to start seeing pics and video."

Now that I've been judging these in my head all this time, I'm embarrased to say I'm still excited to see her photos and genuinely happy that she's happy. Weddings are sweet :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Share your fb atrocities - mostly so I can share mine...

• Options
    Well I guess if she was really willing to invite any and all of her FB friends, then talking about it all over FB is fine by me.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_share-your-fb-atrocities-mostly-so-i-can-share-mine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6543968-5a5d-4504-8829-b62148707f24Post:d2b50f85-f593-4e62-a362-ab2fb8555a33">Share your fb atrocities - mostly so I can share mine...</a>:
    [QUOTE] " dont forget to rsvp if you got your invite and are coming, you still have three months to decide"
    Posted by mfeo24[/QUOTE]

This one is my favorite.  The three month part made my eyes widen.
  • Options
    pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Haha, this is a fb post from my friend:

"Good to know that at least some of my friends can be bothered to make it on Fri to see the midnight of the Avengers. It wil be worth the gas money." 

That's directed at me. I've been conservative on my gas because I'm low on money right now. I also haven't seen the other marvel movies and would like to see those before I see the avengers. I also don't like any of the other friends she's invited - and would hate to pay $10 for a ticket to a movie I don't want to see yet to be surrounded by obnoxious people I don't like (3 of the people she invited are known for being loud in movie theaters). Oh well : )
  • Options
    My FI's uncle and his wife are divorcing and I'm friends with her on FB. She's done some really rotten things of the "sleeping with someone else in their bed while the kids are in the house" variety and yet she had the balls to post one of those Someecards about people who end a friendship by passively agrressively defriending them. I mean, I hadn't defriended her because I like to see pictures of FI's nephews, but bitch please! You act like a cuunt to someone and you expect his family to stay friends with you? Really?
    Lizzie
  • Options
    I have a friend who put up a picture of her son seeing his father for the first time in, oh, two years.  She broadcast her disdain for him quite loudly.  Then, she put up a picture of her son, his dad, and four other children with the caption: *** hasn't seen his father in two years and now he's the oldest of five!

Umm... not only have you told me that your son's father is a total deadbeat, but also that he has four other illegimate children and they were all born in two year's time.  I didn't need to know that.
  • Options
    And I was getting annoyed with my one friend's status updates like: "I'm so excited it's almost wedding season! Excited to see what all my friends have come up with as I plan my own big day!!"

But y'all have me beat by a loooong shot! I'm just being petty because she's making everything a competition....and had her parents crash our mutual friend's wedding so they could see the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    One of my friends is doing/selling those Body by Vi shakes. The way she constantly posts about it, I honestly thought she joined some kind of a cult. Things like "I'm up for the challenge, are you?" or "I'm feeling awesome, thanks Body by Vi! If anyone wants to feel as good as I do right now, message me for details!" Not the biggest deal, but it was getting pretty annoying.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_share-your-fb-atrocities-mostly-so-i-can-share-mine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6543968-5a5d-4504-8829-b62148707f24Post:4690354e-bd4f-471a-81bc-0a9ea6fc0876">Re: Share your fb atrocities - mostly so I can share mine...</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of my friends is doing/selling those Body by Vi shakes. The way she constantly posts about it, I honestly thought she joined some kind of a cult. Things like "I'm up for the challenge, are you?" or "I'm feeling awesome, thanks Body by Vi! If anyone wants to feel as good as I do right now, message me for details!" Not the biggest deal, but it was getting pretty annoying.
    Posted by tpender13[/QUOTE]
    Are you friends with my cousin? I love her, and I'm happy for her success (big fat bonus check that she carries around in the back seat of her free BMW) but for Pete's Sake, get a life! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I have a "friend" who threw her own baby shower for her second baby (second in two years, not hey surprise baby a decade after the first). She COVERED FB with status updates about it.  She invited me too.  I live 4 states away and haven't seen her in over a decade.  
  • Options
    RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012

A FB friend and I have known each other for years and are in the same circle but aren't particularly close.  She's a bit catty and loud.  One night at a get together she commented that her husband proposed within 6 months of them meeting, and pretty much accused the rest of us of not having very good relationships because of how long it took us to get married.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago.  H gets invited to a bachelor party for a mutual friend and FB friend's husband is there.  He confesses to the group that W is such a nutty control freak, she's forbidden him from having a FB account, but set one up in his name so he can post nice things about her.

I can't help but check daily for these crazy fake updates by her "H" saying how much he adores her, and bragging about the fabulous stuff they do. Crazy much?

• Options
    My 19 year old niece posts really inappropriate pictures of her and her boyfriend, whines about things all the time (and when you go to offer her advice, she just makes it worse somehow), gets mad when people correct her, and pimps out her "photography business" that really is her taking semi-decent photos and slapping a paint-style logo over them all.  She posted something like, "Dear depo-provera, you suck.  No love, Niece & BF" the other day and I finally just unfollowed her.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_share-your-fb-atrocities-mostly-so-i-can-share-mine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6543968-5a5d-4504-8829-b62148707f24Post:5149e857-f8cc-401c-a311-1873558aca78">Re: Share your fb atrocities - mostly so I can share mine...</a>:
    [QUOTE]A FB friend and I have known each other for years and are in the same circle but aren't particularly close.  She's a bit catty and loud.  One night at a get together she commented that her husband proposed within 6 months of them meeting, and pretty much accused the rest of us of not having very good relationships because of how long it took us to get married. Fast forward to a few weeks ago.  H gets invited to a bachelor party for a mutual friend and FB friend's husband is there.  He confesses to the group that W is such a nutty control freak, she's forbidden him from having a FB account, but set one up in his name so he can post nice things about her. I can't help but check daily for these crazy fake updates by her "H" saying how much he adores her, and bragging about the fabulous stuff they do. Crazy much?
    Posted by bezlu[/QUOTE]

This is crazycakes to the max.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Share your fb atrocities mostly so I can share mine...:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Share your fb atrocities mostly so I can share mine...:One of my friends is doing/selling those Body by Vi shakes. The way she constantly posts about it, I honestly thought she joined some kind of a cult. Things like "I'm up for the challenge, are you?" or "I'm feeling awesome, thanks Body by Vi! If anyone wants to feel as good as I do right now, message me for details!" Not the biggest deal, but it was getting pretty annoying.Posted by tpender13Are you friends with my cousin? I love her, and I'm happy for her success big fat bonus check that she carries around in the back seat of her free BMW but for Pete's Sake, get a life!nbsp; Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

We must all know the same person. Need to remember to block her from my news feed cause some days it's all I see.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You all have some crazy ass friends.

Nothing really special on my feed.  There is some girl I went to HS who just separated from her H and posts some crazy stuff, but I guess I normally just skip over it.
  • Options
    Does anyone else have an elderly relative who can't tell the difference between changing their status and writing on someone else's wall?  Or who uses comments on a status to try and keep in touch with complete non sequitors?  That's my grandmother.  I'll post a status about school, and she'll comment that she hopes I'm doing well and to please let my mother (who lives in another country) know that she misses her.  And then comment on my other five most recent statuses from the last week. 
    She also doesn't grasp the idea of internet privacy.  She posted her phone number on my cousin's wall the other day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_share-your-fb-atrocities-mostly-so-i-can-share-mine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6543968-5a5d-4504-8829-b62148707f24Post:c1f4683c-3e35-44e4-bf87-bf9fe5348bd3">Re: Share your fb atrocities - mostly so I can share mine...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Share your fb atrocities - mostly so I can share mine... : Are you friends with my cousin? I love her, and I'm happy for her success (big fat bonus check that she carries around in the back seat of her free BMW) but for Pete's Sake, get a life! 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, because my friend is always complaining about not having money and she hasn't been bragging about her free BMW. I can only imagine how much worse it would be if she did that well with it.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_share-your-fb-atrocities-mostly-so-i-can-share-mine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6543968-5a5d-4504-8829-b62148707f24Post:5149e857-f8cc-401c-a311-1873558aca78">Re: Share your fb atrocities - mostly so I can share mine...</a>:
    [QUOTE] He confesses to the group that W is such a nutty control freak, she's forbidden him from having a FB account, but set one up in his name so he can post nice things about her. I can't help but check daily for these crazy fake updates by her "H" saying how much he adores her, and bragging about the fabulous stuff they do. Crazy much?
    Posted by bezlu[/QUOTE]

WTF??? Wow...
  • Options
    My friend knits cute hats and gloves, and she was looking to make some extra money. I suggested Etsy and left it at that.

Now she spams the News Feed with plugs for her Etsy shop at least three times per day and updates her status about it constantly. I had to block her. I do check her page every so often to make sure I'm not missing news about her life, pictures, and so on, but I just couldn't take the News Feed spam.
  • Options
    [QUOTE]A FB friend and I have known each other for years and are in the same circle but aren't particularly close.  She's a bit catty and loud.  One night at a get together she commented that her husband proposed within 6 months of them meeting, and pretty much accused the rest of us of not having very good relationships because of how long it took us to get married. Fast forward to a few weeks ago.  H gets invited to a bachelor party for a mutual friend and FB friend's husband is there.  He confesses to the group that W is such a nutty control freak, she's forbidden him from having a FB account, but set one up in his name so he can post nice things about her. I can't help but check daily for these crazy fake updates by her "H" saying how much he adores her, and bragging about the fabulous stuff they do. Crazy much?
    Posted by bezlu[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This made my day...

</div>
  • Options
    One girl I am friends with posted a facebook status more or less announcing her and her H were talking bout MAYBE thinking about having kids. She then asked that people not pester them about it because they weren't sure.  Then she started asking a bunch of random questions better suited for her doc about b/c, how long after you can TTC, will being on b/c in the past affect it, etc.  Holy TMI batman, not to mention, last time I checked, facebook was not your doctor.
  • Options
    A girl I went to college with had a running countdown and daily posts about her wedding on Facebook... which wasn't really a big deal to me.

BUT THEN, she posted pics of her invitations, including RSVP cards and enclosures. She didn't use the Registry Cards the store gave her; she had her own printed up that said "The couple is registered at..." and included those in the invites. On her RSVP cards, she stated that the reception was a pot luck, and had a place for "Check here if you would like to bring a dish" and then a little note under that, "We kindly request a call for dish suggestions."

Pretty happy I didn't get an invite to that wedding.
  • Options
    Today my fb annoyance was bragging... Someone said "I'm so glad that so-and-so saw something special in me" Not crazypants but just.... Learn to be a little more modest!!! Stop being an AW. This person is totally an AW all the time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have anything completely crazy, but I had to "hide" the posts of a former close friend. She admitted to lying to her boyfriend about being on birth control and actually confessed to my sister that she got pregnant "because she was tired of feeling insignificant." She is no longer with the father of her baby.

Now her daughter is almost a year old and her FB statuses are always about how tired she is and how hard single motherhood is. It's one post after another about how few hours of sleep she got, how many hours she's working, how much food/clothes cost, how much it sucks to not have a partner, etc.

I actually "hide" the updates of anyone who is constantly negative. I go onto FB to keep in touch with friends and see pics of their kids/weddings/travel. Not to hear constant complaints.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_share-your-fb-atrocities-mostly-so-i-can-share-mine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6543968-5a5d-4504-8829-b62148707f24Post:d2b50f85-f593-4e62-a362-ab2fb8555a33">Share your fb atrocities - mostly so I can share mine...</a>:
    [QUOTE]A high school acquantance of mine is a fb friend, and lately I've been wanting to delete her but had to stick around to see the wedding photos that resulted from all these absurd postings. Here are some in no particular order, except capped off by the invite and the thank you note: " anyone aho wants an invite to my wedding please contact me somehow to make sure I have your address " " I need to know who is coming to my wedding so I can figure out the seating and food. " " dont forget to rsvp if you got your invite and are coming, you still have three months to decide" " got my first batch of invites in the mail. Does anyone know where I could get a wedding cake for between 50 and 100? also I need to find 2 spring country looking bridesmaids dresses that arent too elaborate and Im having a hard time any suggestions would be nce. " " I think I should have gotten married a long time ago. I feel like the center of attention. My phone has been going crazy for days. " "L ove you all, cant wait to see you at my wedding. Everyone has to have fun. And maybe I can get a few of you to dance, since we are going to dance together at least once. Dont worry about how you look, we are all nerdy geeks." " Hate to keep everyone guessing, but after further inspection, we discovered that the site I wanted to get married at is muddier than ever and crawling with ticks already. So we are movin it indoors." " Does anyone know a store in the area that sells cheap, pretty, midcalf length, sun dresses. I thought I had my dress for the wedding taken care of, but it appears I got ripped off and I need one fast." " Had so much fun yesterday. Thank you all for coming to our wedding. I can't wait to start seeing pics and video." Now that I've been judging these in my head all this time, I'm embarrased to say I'm still excited to see her photos and genuinely happy that she's happy. Weddings are sweet :)
    Posted by mfeo24[/QUOTE]

hahahaha.  I kinda wish this person was on my FB so I could get a good laugh each day.  I'm jealous you get to see the photos. :D
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_share-your-fb-atrocities-mostly-so-i-can-share-mine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6543968-5a5d-4504-8829-b62148707f24Post:b5453db4-3a08-4788-9fc6-cdb593536542">Re: Share your fb atrocities - mostly so I can share mine...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a "friend" who threw her own baby shower for her second baby (second in two years, not hey surprise baby a decade after the first). She COVERED FB with status updates about it.  She invited me too.  I live 4 states away and haven't seen her in over a decade.  
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

A childhood friend of mine did the same thing. Her second girl in two years.... I mean, 1: save the stuff because you were planning on getting pregnant, 2: don't throw your own baby shower, and 3: don't say "we're having a money tree." Her husband is in the army and makes WAYYYYYY more money than I do. They live with her parents and don't have to pay rent, either. WTF???

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    "He was my mum and dad's best friend. He's a convicted murderer, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run. He likes to keep in touch with me, though...keep up with news...check if I'm happy..."

Harry on Sirus to the Dursleys. HP Prisoner of Azkaban
  • Options
    I had a girl on my FB who  got engaged on Valentines Day and immediately did a mass invite to FB with the "tell me if you want to be invited" thing. A month after getting engaged her relationship status went to "its complicated".

There's also been a recent influx of under 20 year olds announcing there pregnancy on FB, and a few weeks later becoming single. That is always followed with a status of "I don't need anybody except my baby!" Ok...
  • Options
    HAHAHA I LOVE these "friends"! It makes me feel so much better about my life that I don't need to "brag" about things to everyone on fb. I have this one friend who posts a thousand times a day about her upcoming wedding. At least once a month she changes her bridal party and trash talks her future in-laws, great way to start things out and not have any friends after the wedding!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My pop doesn't get the Internet privicy thing either.... Also doesn't understand technology unless he can call us at RANDOM AM hours to ask questions. He said im going to get FB to friend you my response "FB is not that great anymore I'm hardly on there" yay no FB for pop
  • Options
    I found out my sister was engaged on FB.  And a few weeks later, that she was pregnant.  Nice, right? 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_share-your-fb-atrocities-mostly-so-i-can-share-mine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6543968-5a5d-4504-8829-b62148707f24Post:a645200e-b477-4fd2-a763-93e802e92aa4">Re: Share your fb atrocities - mostly so I can share mine...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone else have an elderly relative who can't tell the difference between changing their status and writing on someone else's wall?  Or who uses comments on a status to try and keep in touch with complete non sequitors?  That's my grandmother.  I'll post a status about school, and she'll comment that she hopes I'm doing well and to please let my mother (who lives in another country) know that she misses her.  And then comment on my other five most recent statuses from the last week.  She also doesn't grasp the idea of internet privacy.  She posted her phone number on my cousin's wall the other day.
    Posted by Starqueg[/QUOTE]

I totally have people who do that, but I just smile.  In fact, my FMIL posted on my wall the weekend FI was going to propose (but hadn't yet) that she couldn't wait to hear about the wedding plans.  I just posted, "Haha, no engagement yet, the trip is great."  I didn't want her to feel bad because I had an inkling that he was going to propose that weekend (surprise getaway and all).

I also have a Facebook friend who asked for my and a friend's address for her wedding.  We were both surprised, as we didn't know this person well in high school, but ok.  Then, we weren't invited.  Also ok.  Then, we saw posts saying, if you want to come to my wedding, it's $X per plate.  Now she is pregnant and there are many posts about "Baby now has ears, Baby now has fingernails", blah blah.  I'm sure I should talk because I might be that mom someday, but at this point, I am not really interested until baby is here. 
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards