Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Since I'm in a venting kind of mood...

Since the wedding, the "so when are you going to have the baby" and "you guys better get to work on making that baby" comments are REALLY starting to get to me.

Everyone making these comments are people that we're very close to and know that I have fertility problems. We've been trying for almost two years. Do they think the ring on my finger made my fertility issues magically disappear?

I just want to throat punch them, but instead I put on my best fake smile and say "Yes, we're still trying"

Re: Since I'm in a venting kind of mood...

• Options
    That sucks. :(
    Just tell them some TMI "baby making" stories..
  • Options
    I like roxy's solution!
  • Options
    lol .... I hadn't considered that!  Something along the lines of "you mean I can't get pregnant doing it in the butt?"
  • Options
    That is so annoying. My FIL's do this all the time. I have explained repetitively that 1) We don't want kids 2) I probably can't have them anyway  and 3) We wouldn't be trying to have kids when we are both in school and paying off student loans.
    Maybe next time say, "Yes. We have tried every sexual position, but no luck yet. Any suggestions?" That might shut them up.
  • Options
    We are on the same page Roxy!
  • Options
    I have people ask me constantly when I am getting married.  They remind me that my clock is ticking.

Let me be a childless spinster, thankyouverymuch.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    Tell them you hate children. That is what we do.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-venting-kind-of-mood?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f7d60420-05a8-4cf4-9ac0-2e327077a79fPost:8ba9443d-fdd4-412c-b27b-cb406e8b5b88">Re: Since I'm in a venting kind of mood...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have people ask me constantly when I am getting married.  They remind me that my clock is ticking. Let me be a childless spinster, thankyouverymuch.
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

smokey - you're too hot to be a spinster
  • Options
    I wish I could Ricks. all of the people making these comments know that we've been trying ... which pisses me off even more. It's a sore spot, you know?
  • Options
    Off subject - Roxy your bf is super cute!

I think throat punches are definitely in order
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Uggh, well it works for us.

Roxy's BF is cute, even if he does think fruit is pizza ;P
  • Options
    Ever since we got married in May I've been getting the same questions, from people I'm not even close to!  It's like, well, I have NO idea if or when we'll have a kid, but trust me, when we know you'll be the first person I tell.

The worst part is, people constantly asking me makes me constantly think about whether or not I want one.  Seriously.  Constantly.  Ugh.
  • Options
    I can hire a hit man.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Well, I guess I am not a spinster since I live with my BF.  I can't wait to announce that we are common law married.  I am going to send everyone I know a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon with the announcement:

Accordin' to the law, looks like we is hitched!
    Mark is puttin' the still up in the bathroom so come by for some 'shine and ol' blue.
    We're lookin' for some great auto parts and old furniture to keep in the yard so drive through the alley on yer way here.
    Oh, and we ain't even cousins!
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-venting-kind-of-mood?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f7d60420-05a8-4cf4-9ac0-2e327077a79fPost:31ab6f1c-25b5-4bbf-b828-257d9c0cf48a">Re: Since I'm in a venting kind of mood...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can hire a hit man.
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

How much?
  • Options
    Amen to that. Dh and I have only been trying for 4 months but its already getting old hearing people say "So why aren't you pregnant yet" "um, we're trying and its not working, thanks for reminding me of that fact jackass".
  • Options
    For you???  Consider it a favor ;)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Yup Katie, It's just going to get worse.

Tim said that every time I get my period he feels like a failure. That almost broke my heart.

I hope everything works out for you both .... lots of baby dust to you!
  • Options
    shelly - LOVE your new siggy pic. Absolutely beautiful
  • Options
    Oh poor Tim :(
    Scott is already asking if he needs to go get tested (he's 36). I keep telling him we just need to be patient. I was on birth control for 3 years and just quit in September, and the first two months we weren't really "trying" (charting, etc).

Here's to baby dust for the two of us :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards