Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Capitol rotunda ceremony - acoustics?

I am planning to have my wedding ceremony at the Capitol rotunda in Harrisburg, PA. Has anyone been to a wedding there or gotten married there that could tell me about the acoustics? I'd like a string quartet at my ceremony and maybe have my cousin sing but I'm concerned about the echo in the building. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Capitol rotunda ceremony - acoustics?

• Options
    Post on Pa board I thought you meant the US capital
  • Options
    Im having my wedding there as well. Mine is scheduled for April 2010. When is yours for? Well, as I have heard... In the Rotuda, the sound echo's. So, u may not want a lot of music...If you call and speak with the person ho setup your date... Ask them for a microphone to be provided. Not sure if they will. But some have been provided at no charge in the past. Let me know...
  • Options
    I live in Harrisburg and have been to two weddings there. The acoustics aren't bad, it really depends on how many people you have in attendance, the flowers, and music. I think there is a limit to how many people you can have in attendance anyway,, both weddings had under 120 people.
  • Options
    thooper22: Right now we have Sept 5, 2010 on hold. We're hoping to finalize our date this weekend. Who are you renting your chairs from for the ceremony? April 2010.....it will be here before you know it!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards